Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
live from the players club

"Live from the players club"(cd)Back in town 1978.

Fantastic & incredible Jaco!!!

Kisses everybody!

Re: live from the players club

Been listening to it recently as well, a friend bought it from Japan and made a copy for us. I have a copy of the original recording and Rich Franks did a fantastic job cleaning up the hiss, he and Alex sound great, Jaco plays so very beautiful, hearing some familiar voices in the background chatter brings back memories.

I am however confused whether it is a legal release since there is no official mention of it anywhere, the credits appear to be in-cohesive, the record label has been a defunct entity, and the cover of the packaging is not relevant, nor cohesive, so I am perplexed regarding its validity, hoping the artists are being compensated. As per last week's conversation, they haven't even received a copy of the CD after many attempts, as a matter of fact are being ignored completely, hence the confusion and the icky feeling surrounding it.

In the meantime I think it is an important release for the archives, as well as do Rich and Alex deserve to be recognized for their important role in Jaco's legacy, they were greatly loved and respected by Jaco, integral parts of his roots, this CD is a wonderful statement, and should be heard.