Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cool Jaco-related Youtube find.

Hello,

I thought I'd share this clip I found on Youtube. This guy plays the Havona solo on guitar (very well I may add). Interesting to hear those notes an octave higher. Not just bass players want to learn his stuff; it's gone beyond being a "bass thing"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkwA5hYNQYE

Re: Cool Jaco-related Youtube find.

Hi Noah!! How are you? Where are you playing, still mostly the upright?

And Donna Lee, at what speed was it again?

Wow, that young man, Evan, is something else, sweet tone, his other videos are impressive too, and what's funny, in some way his face reminds me of Felix.

Glad to see you here, love to your Mom!

Re: Cool Jaco-related Youtube find.

Thank you.

And yes, 100% upright bass actually. Haven't touched my electrics in quite a while; I'm on sabbatical. LOL! I've been playing in a rockabilly band lately (of all things). I still bust out with Continuum or Donna Lee occasionally when the guitar player has to replace a broken string. We've traveled all over in the past few months, including Las Vegas and North Carolina to play at two of the largest rockabilly shows in the nation (if not the world). It was a real hoot. This music is a blast to play but I need to get back in the jazz scene. I've always looked a little out of place with the bikers.

www.myspace.com/slipandthespinouts

Take care!
Noah