Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
JACO SIGHTING!

About a month ago, there was a question plus large photo of Jaco playing bass on the American game show "Who Wants To Be a Millionaire". The answer was Jaco Pastorius, the player didn't know, but now he does, and many viewers do too!

Re: JACO SIGHTING!

Hi Ingrid - I don't have a TV. But when I read your post it looked like it said in effect that somebody who looked like Jaco did a cameo appearance on American Idol...

I don't think glasses will help. I am wearing them.
Takes awhile to adjust... now you know what dyslexia can look like from the inside at times

It took me aver an hour to write this post and get it straight do I hope you write back

I read where Jaco had a photographic memory... did he ever have trouble being understood or understanding some forms of communication...?
Even like understand but a whole different route and concept...

They say people with Dyslexia are often intelligent to genius and sometimes have a combination of Attention Deficit Disorder, and please do not be offended when I add this:

Did you know that certain types of High Functioning Autism can be virtually undetectable at some levels and can culminate into combined symptoms; Attention Deficit Disorder; Dyslexia; Bi-polar Disorder?
Often these are the diagnosis of Aspergers and other H.F. Autism.

Because Autism is a neurological disorder, use of Alcohol, and even nicotine can produce a Bi-Polar Effective Psycosis.

The worse contributor to this is Stimulants like Amphetamines and Cocain. While an ADD sufferer may benefit by Ritalin, if the Neuro Disorder is really Autism and goes undetected stimulants and many pscoactive medications will cause Bipolar Disorder, or make it worse. They are now understanding that Ritalin causes more damage and of course, when it puts the brain in order by stepping up brain function it can be perceived as a medication by many people.

An idicator of H.F. Autism is the brain's abuility to re-route the effected neuro-pathways therefore using more of the brain, and augmenting the synapse. These people usually excel in certain areas.

Acute and Photographic or Audio Memory

Extensive and graphic long-term memory.

Likes repeat actions/motions - activities that require or being involved in repeate motions, especially kinetic...

Perceived Rude behavior often oblivious to social clues. Interrupts often. ADD - like

Obsessive and compulsive behavior and need to be the best at something.

Excel in creative reasoning.

Spontaneous and "on and off" differences or confusion in understanding written or verbal communication.

Often a need for things to be unchanged, or a certain way, otherwise resulting in panic, or confusion.

Of course this usually applies to many people but in HF Autism it is REALLY noticeable because the brain requires to maintain the connection.

I don't think Autism is anything to be ashamed of.

If Jaco was TRULY Bi-Polar he would have to have ALWAYS been Bipolar...

IMHO

One Feather