Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jacos Instructional Video Bass For Sale. Old News?

I don't know if it has come up before but I'll just throw this out there...

http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetails.aspx?Item=1918411

Re: Jacos Instructional Video Bass For Sale. Old News?

Hello!

Interesting...anybody knows anything more about that?! Is it Jaco´s bass Guitar really?! Where is P-neck?! What about new released of the '85 Video?!

I need information. Help me!

Thanks!

This bass is going to cost a fortune.
I guess Jaco used this bass just on the Instructional video.
There are no other pictures of him using this bass.
Because of Jaco used this bass a little bit, the price is going right up to the sky.
For a collector with enough money ok but for a player, forget it.
I have several old Fender Jazz basses, but they are all used on a regular basis.
A instrument should not be hanging on a wall. It needs to be played

The instuctional video is for sale at www.audiophileimports.com

Arne Petter Ugelvik

Listening To: Godd music

That bass hung in a NY music store (not there any longer) for some time. It was sold to a NY man, and collector of rare instruments, by the name of Randall who paid $40,000.00 for it thinking it was one of THEE basses. He gave the 4 kids $2,000.00 as well.

I believe that bass, or parts of it, once belonged to Jeff Andrews, who had lent it to Jaco for the video, and Jaco had changed the neck.

All this is somewhere in the memory bank of my brain, so I might be mistaken about some of it.

I see; just curious. It seems they're asking $75,000 obo.

Curious to me too, Noah, actually the topic of this bass has never come up before, at the time it was for sale in the music store it wasn't discussed on the internet, only an ad in a music magazine. While in NY in '98, the twins and I coincidentally met Randall and after showing it to us, it was Felix who informed him that the bass wasn't one of the two main basses he had given the store (and Jeff Andrews?) $40,000.00 for thinking that it was. Though he was visibly disappointed, he gave the kids a check for 2 grand, we told JP Inc., then never heard anything about it again...till now.

i saw that bass on sale in a shop across the street from mannys in 94 , i have a photo of it hanging there and i got chased out the shop for taking it . any good gigs happening in ny in oct 15th /25th ? where is felix playing ?

Hello Michael,

Felix and Julius are in Florida till next week. Felix is in a transition of moving, but otherwise they are mostly around the NY area. Their band Bendy Pastorius Group will be back in Florida the end of November into December. Are you planning to be in the US?