Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
video of Jaco Park in the making....there's grass!!

Re: video of Jaco Park in the making....there's grass!!

I do not think there is any park named for a Bass Player or maybe a Jazz Musician. Jaco's may be the first.

WOW, Bo, that is a great observation! Even more of a feat for Robert Rutherford, who is largely responsible with his idea (along with the fans who signed petitions, and those who spoke at city meetings) that there now is a Jaco Park, having to overcome the "official" forces who initially declared there are better places than Oakland Park for Jaco in the attempt to stop the Park from happening without their approval. You are right, with all those hurdles, Jaco was still able to get his Park, the first park dedicated to a bassist!! Wooo hooooo!

From the desk or RR:

JACO PASTORIUS PARK - a ride around the track!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDR7b2JsHuA

ALSO....

On December 1, 2008 there are plans for the ribbon cutting ceremony organized by and for the City of Oakland Park, making it all even more official!

Can you say HAVONA?!

Beautiful!

Hi Ingrid
Do you know the time of the ribbon cutting extravaganza? We're heading into town for a few weeks and will arrive late morning on Dec. 1. Let me know.
All the best
Mickeyd

Hi Ron,

I do not have details yet at what time the ceremony will be, my guess is late morning. Regardless, I suggest you bring a frisbee, one of Jaco's most favorite pastimes, and hang out in the Park to drop off any positive vibes, even if it is later on that day, or week.

Yeeaaaoooooowwww!

Hi I
Thanks, we're flying in around 10;30 so I'll swing by after that. Please post if or when you know a time. It would be cool to catch ( that's a Frisbie joke) it while in town.
Later