Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jaco's First Bass Photos Available

If you have a site dedicated to Jaco and wish to display the photos please respond with URL and a way to email you. Copyright for the photos will be granted for only one site any others may link to these photos.

Please read this carefully:

I am going to make photos available to one person with an existing suitable website about Jaco Pastotius. Although Ingrid knows about this bass and it needs no authentication, as it was also a published fact remaining unchallenged yet quiet, the reason it will not be at the Jaco tribute site shall remain between myself and the site owner.

I'm not going to beat around the bush any longer. A friend of mine of 20 years who happens to work as a high rank investigator (with other friends of mine) in a certain county law enforcement agency, confirms activity consistent with a plot to steal Jaco's first bass. The bass has been in hiding since the passing of Mr Pastorius. Because they believe it is where I live (and it is not there) I must none-the-less take extra precautions. The storage facility is not safe under these particular circumstances and the bass was moved on Sunday night to an undisclosed location by two of my detective friends, to be photographed while in my best friend's possession.

This bass was given to me by Jaco for the Bass Players Hall of Fame and for me to play. Jaco removed the Jazz body to suit my prefferences following a phone call, retaining the original neck but a 1965 P-Body , Jaco holding onto the Jazz body for likely a later delivery date. Where the body is is unknown.

Unfortunatly the Hall of Fame for bass is in trademark limbo to be donated to some worthy predecessor. More unfortunate, I was hoping to play this bass again and now i cannot because the plot to steal this bass and perhaps other Jaco basses may be quite elaborate. I would caution others who have possession of any of Jaco's equipment to take EXTRA special precautions.

Primarly a man posing as a software engineer has been making conferences with the son of a multi-millionaire real estate mogul in the area the first bass is suspected to be held. International telephone activity has been confirmed prior to the later arrangement of a move from 'Belgium' to one of the American actor/planner's high-rise luxury apartments. The international party has indications of having an interpole file but it is not available under the circumstances.

The logic that someone would go through such great lengths stems on the millionaire's New Age beliefs that there is power in inatimate objects; that he believes he can steal and then in that way he can can use, and such items must be stolen as part of such a ritual. There is a recorded report of previous activity by this person as suspect. There was no way to prove the break-in which bypassed alarm security. The 1993 incident left valuable items untouched and focused on a single item who's previous owner was connected to high pofile entertainers and apparently had a social habit of lighting ciggarettes for the rich and famous.

Since that incident the actor/millionaire has started playing guitar and has switched to bass.

It is reasonable to assume that the actors are monitoring this and the jacopastorius.com site
but this post may not dispell an international professional.

The fact that this bass is not a full bass and not one of Jaco's main basses leaves this the most obvious choice for first strike. If the bass can be stolen where it was and even now where it is; ALL of Jaco's other basses would be like taking candy from a baby.

Re: Jaco's First Bass Photos Available

I haven't heard of a mystery plot this thick since "Columbo".

well, I'm off to Disney World. Unfortunately my schedule is pretty tight and I can't make an excursion to your area Ingrid. take care!

I think he's right, because, just the other day while I was shopping for fresh chives a man, a very wealth man, approuched me in the chive department of the store. Now, at first I didn't think anything of this but then when he said these four little words I knew somthing was up. He turned to me and said; "Are these chives fresh?"..... It sends a chill down my spine just repeating them. Well after he said that I knew what he meant that there is an internation plot by software millionairs, turned musicians, to seek out and purchase any and all Fender basses played by world famous musicians. Their plan is to extract the Mojo from these basses and use it for their own diabolical purpose.
Now I know many of you are sitting back, reading this and saying chives? Wait a minute my local store doesn't have a 'chives department'? But that's just it I live near Herbie's Herb Imporium, but that's not the reason for this post. It's obvious that actors are acting like musicians to fill their empty lives and do the unimaginable.
Look at the list. Kevin Bacon, Russell Crowe, that guy from Water World, oh, what's his name? ....... And Keanu Reeves....... he even plays bass. ...... Though not very well and it real is quite funny to watch him try, but he is Canadian and probally very lonely living in LA so far away from home.
I can't say anything more about this at this time. If you need me you'll know where I'll be, at Herbie's Herbs.

PS: I had no idea there were two T's in Pastortius. ...... Are we talking about the same man?

Listening To: American Garage

Here is what Micky D writes:

"Re: Jaco's First Bass Photos Available

... "wealth" man, "approuched" chive department... ...I knew "somthing"...there is an "internation" plot by software "millionairs,"... ..."Imporium"... ...probally..."

at least the r is near the t on the keyboard to explain the mishap in pastorius. But as you being a writer I would expect a better story from you regardless of the intent behind it. Are you 'jambed' up with frustration from no gig, or is it that you guys have to add your personal doubts to the world about something you have no idea about. Playing bass does not secure wisdom. How could you know or have any idea if there is merit or not if you do not know or understand the whole situation?

Does placing ridicule make you feel stronger and improve your intonation or something, or is it just ***** fits with you two?

I mean 4th rate bass players cannot excel to third rate just by picking on people can they?

Drens

Thanks, but no thanks. I don't need to be defended by anyone. Anyone can see through those posts for what they are. But at least credit to Mickey D because he actually has a real identity on the net as a Canadian wannabe writer, filmmaker, and bass player. But Jay Walker is probably an alias being used by some US Jaco Wannabe. I had enough of this junk on the other site. People post like this because they like to pretend about lots of stuff on the sites to pump up their self-esteem but give them something real and they attack it because it challenges their self-belief.
Just leave it alone, Drens.
Drens Remitrom ...hey isn't that Mortimer Snerd in palindrome? Does that make you a backward dummy?

Would it have helped to have added in the initial post that the property where the bass players hall of fame was located is the most coveted property in the county as a key "plot" goes being the needed part for a development plan involving two blocks where three influential developers hold lots. Would it also have helped to consider that even that the bass is not for sale and WILL be donated, and that it does represent in value property taxes if sold? Would it also help that popular opinion around here knows for sure that they DO push people off their property around the county capital, and have.

The fact that Jaco gave me his first bass, does that bother you somehow? I'm not asking you to believe or consider anything. Just have some respect and stop being a Bass without the "B" - get it FOOL!

hello cats , ive been thinking that `yes i do visit sites like this to pump up my self esteem` and i just get bored and then get inspiration from hearing other players ect . i saw victor bailey at his gig in london last saturday and he was saying that since he was 16 he was telling everyone that he would be the next bassist with weather report . he was a fan who went out and did it ... i want to do stuff too like we all do and the internet gives us a worldwide stage with youtube ect . it can be positive or negative cant it ?

First Bass Magazin, Drens Remitrom

Now that the worse is over, I hope that I can safely post without being attacked. If I am going to have any presence on a forum I want to be able to be who I am without fear of having to defend myself. As far as I am concerned this is the only web forum I know of and experienced which actually feels like JACO.
So please for the sake of his memory and all the good he has done for so many musically and those who have a special place in his/their heart, please do not force my negativity in defense of the truth. Those from the other site who are monitoring this site please do not follow me here and post. I am no longer going to post on the other side.

If that is agreed then please let me make my introduction... but. Is it Safe????

Someone please let me know.

Thanks
1984-85 Organizer/Curator of of the Bass Players Hall of Fame & Museum, Deicated to the memory of Charles Mingus - Jaco Pastorius May 1988 at the Limelight by Sponsors of the First Bass Awards: BASS-MINT, Guitar Ploayer Magazine; Kramer Guitars; Judges Will Lee and others.

Thank You

Speak your Peace, First Bass. Best to get to the point, to the Heart of your purpose, and feel free to share photos.

From what I have gathered so far, sometimes difficult since there are so many words, is that Jaco gave you a bass, it changed your momentum at the time for it was inspiring, especially after some of your personal trials and tribulations, and now you're contemplating what to do with the bass.

My gut response is that you've been blessed by the experience of Jaco, the bass, and your connection to music, bass players in particular....it is yours to behold, and if there is more to be told, certainly safe to share it here.

{LOL, T}

I'm not sure yet. I would feel more comfortable lurking for awhile. Maybe other people can post and I could just enjoy the chat. Besides, Im a bit different (more than most) so I tend to write some pretty attackable stuff, especially vies and adventures I tend to share. Just seems that everything kinda happens to me.

J.A.C. just my initials for now.

Thanks Ingrid

first bass,

I apologize if my comment offended. On first read your post seemed delusional and schitzophrenic. I understand Jaco himself may have appeared this way at times. btw, I am not a Jaco wannabe, just a humble fan.

sincerely,
jay walker

The whole thing has me turned off. I want no part of Jacopastorius.com, its organization, members, and I am sorry to say that I went there with the intent to donate the bass that Jaco gave me to the family (his four children) to create or boost a scholarship fund.

Well thanks anyway Jay for throwing in that response what seems to be at first glance so far, a left-handed appology. But since I know you to actively post there you might see that my trust is hard to muster. Kind of like what I was used to when I was dodging apples at the other site with the Goon Squad bobbing and weaving words by people who just do not get ANYTHING they don't understand or, became anal when things don't go their way. A big waste of time and I myself like you posted there more than here.

I do not know you so you can't blame me. But I am beginning to believe the internet is no place for good.

And now I have to look in my maibox to expect a letter that I will be sued. Well here's where even Ingrid may disagree. Technically the bass of doom belongs to 30th street guitars. My opinion and the law. I also believe that it is the moral obligation to do something honorable with it that makes everyone happy.

Go and do a search for the first posts by PJ66_4July86 and you will see what I was going to do with Jaco's first bass in the thread "Scholarship Fund Ideas" or maybe that got taken down too. All I got was unwelcome vibes and nobody chiming in to do something positive in Jaco's name. My intent was true and real from the start. I NEVER needed any kind of recognition from anyone about that bass or its value. People who REALLY know me have more credibility than you would believe.

So finally the administrator admits he played Jaco's first bass pre-1985 it and called it "Firewood" and only a "neck" and not his main bass. So what. It was to be a positive thing. It was about doing something positive. I could sell it and pay my NJ property taxes for two years. I could have sold it antytime.
Yes and there IS a NEW AGE nutcase who wants the thing for a mojo... and yes it was conjecture that it was a plot to steal ALL jaco's gear but I took what I did know to an extreme because I know from friends in law enforcement that any alrm could be bypassed and any lock picked or drilled out. Hidden guitars with magnetic pickups could be detected where they cannot be seen by an electronic device.

I really do not have anything to do with siding with any fued. And I am not being spoon fed by any member of Jaco's family, and I am not trying to saboge anything. I see what I see and do not take sides.

But come on Delusional and Schizophranic. Come on, man. I had a building with over a million in inventory and don't you think I know what goes on when a place is being cased, or when things are going on, or not in my own neck of the woods.

I do notice one thing. It is obvious that I was being disected word for word first on the other site when ever I came out as an individual that I had my own story about July 4th, or that I had that bass.

A great story aboust a side of Jaco which survived his illness and it was put at arm's length and then down. Why? Because I also posted at this site.

Then after I read for myself real quotes offred up about the Jaco Bio I was taken apart. I can't have an opinion and I cann't consider the opinions of others? I cannot have an emotional objection to a view of a person who I did not know but saved a good part of my life by listening to my personal story and giving me a gift which brought back my own?

Then even when I stated positive notion that the owner of the Bass of Doom may have had some good intent in contacting the family, the Jaco Police and it's goon squad, both in my opinion not deserving to own the "official" Jaco Monopolistic empire start spinning. NO WONDER the legacy is fading.

Listen up. I put my own future and my own self at risk by having my name associated with that bunch, because that is the source of the negativity.

Buy you can tell your friends (if they are) and like I am sure they are reading by now that NOTHING they can do will hurt my direction or credability, because I have complete trust and confidence in myself, not to mention a sound mind.

Get this straight my friend. I am not the paranoid delusional one here, I think it is the nature of the other beast. But thank you for introjecting those adjectives. It is obvious that all this attention in the press is unwanted and placing a false value on all the basses owned by Jaco. He was not Jimi Hendrix and he does not have even 10% of the recocnition to the public.

I still contend that what passages of that book that were available were more damaging than any fued between Bob Bobbing and Ingrid Pastorius if there was one as I did not read that either, and I do not care. I do not listen to or side with any junk like that, and if Ingrid ever told me anything negative or added to the innuendos I wouldn't post here either. I don't want to be involved in any negative garbage. But I do want to be able to express MY OPINION without being dragged into the dirt.

All I know is that it has been a very ugly experience and I tried to maintain a positive ouput and it changed the way I think about alot of things.

Listening To: Wee Small Hrs of The Morning

Hi first bass magazine.
I don't think there are any people wanting to hurt you or anything.
To me it seems like you don't want any other opinions than your own.
I can only speak for myself, but I think those people, including me who have responded to your posts on the other site just says their opinion and responds to what you write.

I guess that you have the best intention and you have said your opinion and used your freedom to speak.
For my sake, I have just responded my opinion about what you have said in a couple of your posts.

If that have hurt you, I am sorry, but I will for all future use my freedom to respond to whatever I feel.
I hope you will do the same.
We all have the same freedom.
Sometimes we takes wrong, other we do right.
Sometimes what seems right to me is wrong for someone else.
Thats just how it is.
There is no reason to make things bigger than they are for any of us.

I wish you the best.

Peace and love

Listening To: good music

first bass,

I do not actively post on the other site. Please get your facts straight. I did some posting there long ago but was turned off by the overall tone of some of the patrons. I like to keep thing positive and other than my "Columbo" comment, I usually do. It is unfortunate that you did not accept my apology as being sincere.

I mean you no harm or ill will and will refrain from any future comment on your posts.

The internet has its purpose, some good, some not good at all, Joseph. Just as my intuition senses that you're a knowledgeable, sensitive, talented, well-intending individual, so is Jay Walker, a good man with a beautiful family.

Sorry JC, but I believe you and your opinions fell victim to reactions loaded with insinuations you were directed by me, which brings on sought after opportunities for attacks, founded in the assertion of a delusional, self-serving, and invented feud in the attempt to control, stemming from the craving for constant validation, hence anyone's opinion seen as negative runs that risk. Tolerance and sensibility falls to the wayside, making room for erratic rants and self-promotion.

I realize you have a story to tell, perhaps even many, it will help to be clear with what the ultimate purpose is, and what outcome you would like to see, so you can pick your time and place carefully if you desire to get it off your chest and heart, hopefully without having to be defensive or with painful explanations.... might be good to pay attention to the red flags along the way.

The current legalities surrounding Jaco's fretless bass got out of hand and ugly unnecessarily because bullying and threatening is not only dishonorable, but in the big picture works against all's best interest, especially Jaco's children. Calling your Jaco-bass "firewood", therefore degrading it, is as disrespectful as referring to his legacy as "Jaco stuff".

"The Truth does not need a Defender."