Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pots.

Hello Ingrid and all,
I'm sorry it's been such a long while again, sadly my visits seem to be becoming more infrequent, but my passion for life and music is still as strong as ever!

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with a technical issue again?
I need to replace the pots on my Fender Jazz as they are getting a bit old and noisy, and cleaning them hasn't worked this time. I'm ashamed to say I have never done this before and after an evening of looking at pots on the internet they all start to look the same.
I would really appreciate if someone could point me some direction. The website I buy all my stuff from is thomann.de but I'm open to suggestions as always.

Ingrid, can I still contact you on the jacofamilysite e-mail adress? I have so much to tell you!

Peace and love,
Tom

Re: Pots.

Tom, here is a good source to get the typical 250k ohm J bass pots. I couldn't find them on the site you referenced.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Potentiometers_and_push-pull_pots/1/Potentiometers_and_Push-Pull_Pots.html

Re: Pots.

Hi Tom, glad to hear from you! Also happy to know you've been too busy with your passions to be on a message forum, always thanks for your visits, and yes, the email address is good.

Would replacing with Fender pots be an option? Don't know much about it, but was referred to warmoth.com.

Best to you & family.