Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EVENT @ IRIDIUM

Truly the BEST music I have heard in years!!

Kenwood Dennard is a master, he held together 8 shows, allowed for spontaneity, never lost his smile and upbeat energy, constantly kept everyone else inspired, and then played his booty off, above and beyond fantastic, he is a jewel!

Line up:

Kenwood Dennard, Matt Garrison, Joe Sinaguglia, Delmar Brown, David Gilmore, Lew Soloff, Miles Evans, Alex Foster, Butch Thomas, Robert Sheps, David Bargeron, Will Calhoun, T. M. Stevens, Charnett Moffett, Felix Pastorius, Julius Pastorius, Colin James, John Bendy, Mike Bendy, Gussie Bargeron...and more.

Alex Foster's solo on Three Views evoked tears.

Delmar Brown rocked solid, at times his solos inspired memories of Hiram Bullock, who was sorely missed.

Julius and Felix brought the house down, received a standing ovation... after they were done, and the other musicians were asked to join, many in the audience protested and wanted more of them, sweet stuff!

Keep your eyes out for 21yr old bassist Joe Sinaguglia, this was his first "real" gig, and what a solid player!

The feel, the love, the energy, the musicianship, the genuineness...all four nights embodied Jaco's spirit a la "later years"..

The Jaco Tribute Band has been born....we want more!!

GBJ

Re: EVENT @ IRIDIUM

Hi Ingrid,

Very nice, I'm happy to hear the show was great. Give my best to the boys and if an audio recording of this gig shows up, you know where to find me! :-)

All my best,

JJ

You got it, Jeroen! How are you and the beautiful family? Amazing, when I first met you, you were riding your bike in middle of night to your office to chat on line with us..haha...now, you and V have 2 sons.. wow! Love to all!

Here is Joe Sinaguglia

Hehe, cool. Some serious modern electric bass in there! :-) Keep the NY videos coming!
Hey, JJ! I live closer to the caribbean now...

Greetings from

It was an awesome show.
Nice to see you and Julius and Felix again Ingrid.

Hi guys,

Ingrid: tried to contact you a while ago, but no reply, are you still 'Fighting'? Oh and I haven't touched a bike for over three years now, times they are changing...

T: yes, just cross the Geneva Lake and you're there! Come on, come over!

JJ

Hi JJ...

Listening To: Wigwam: \"Fairyport\" & Pekka Pohjola: \"Pihkasilmä Kaarnakorva\" on vinyl

Hi Orjan!

Yesssss...I owe you a reply on your mail! :-) So sorry I'm lagging behind, what can I say, I have two kids :-)

I hope all is well with you guys, talk soon!

JJ

He he, no worries JJ, know what you mean, mine are out of the nest so I've got plenty of time for contemplation. ;-)

My best!

Listening To: Wigwam: \\"Fairyport\\" & Pekka Pohjola: \\"Pihkasilmä Kaarnakorva\\" on vinyl

A short clip from the beginning of the night before my battery died. Yea, I really came prepared. I figure some poor footage is better than none at all....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4rKLpiyZ64&feature=channel_page

Hi Ingrid
i realy dig jacos playing.I can honestly say after a great deal of reflection,8 years before i even touched the electric bass he was a major influence on a very deep,musical level for me.i remember sitting in my parent living room around 1980 watching on cable t.v "Shadows and light and hearing this beautiful,singing bass tone and seeing a very calm and confident jaco playing these amazing lines supporting Joni's songs and thinking"if i ever play the bass,i wanna play with that much conviction and creativity! and he has inspired me on a extreamly deep level to do exactly that.Its taken me awhile to realy realize that and to admit that i love the tone he used(bridge pickup)sound(i know also from watching him on video he did alot of variations on the sound of the bass manipulating the volume pots alot too.)and realy not to worry if i sound or dont sound like someone else,because,ultimatley,i cant,im not anyone else but me,and if i remind someone of someone,great! if not ,great!that is something else about him i realy admire.He was being the best and most creative him he could be every time he picked up his bass.And,I think folks realy connect with that energy when you put it out into the universe.
happy holdays&peace-Chris

Listening To: Jaco,and pretty much anything my eardrums can collect for my heart and fingertips.

Be careful T, you might get a sunburn! It's so beautiful there. My best wishes to you and N!

It was good seeing you too, Jon, I know I must have looked surprised, you grew up into a man! Thanks for coming out that cold night.

Yes, JJ, still "fighting", but not as much, will email you other addy. I need to see new pics of the boys!

Hi Ö! Sorry about Pekka, he was a sensitive player, and left too early. I owe you some emails too, love from my nest to yours!

Thanks for the clip, Jay, I forwarded it to Joe (young bassist), it is a representation of the night, funny stuff. The soundman was going nuts trying to keep up with all the spontaneity on stage.

Right, Chris, just play! :) You can't worry about what anyone else thinks, listen to the others on stage with you, make every note (possibly) count and meaningful, live life to the fullest, you'll tell about it in your choice of lines and notes. Happy Holy Days to you and all!!