Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Happy New Year!

Jepp, I know I'm a bit ahead but that's the way it's spinning!

Happy New Year and All Tha Best to everyone!

Örjan

Listening To: Fireworks

Re: Happy New Year!

Thank you mucho, Örjan! I wish you and all a Divine 2009!

I want to take this opportunity to give my appreciation to you who come to this site and forum, big thanks for any input on any topic, sharing of stories, personal experiences, ideas and ideals, expressing the love for music in general, each other, and of course for Jaco and his family.

Recapping 2008:

~several notations of Jaco screenplays, and movies in the making
~submission of Liberty City to be the next official Florida state song
~continued well wishes for Alphonso Johnson
~"Live from the Players Club" CD with Jaco, Rich Franks, Alex Darqui (1978) released in March
~Cachao RIP March 22
~JACO PARK gets more acres, development of Park begins, December 1 was official dedication (Thank YOU Robert Rutherford!) GBJ!
~Jaco's fretless Fender Jazz (THE BASS) found, featured in Bass Player magazine, and is now at the center of a lawsuit
~another one (or part) of a very early Jaco bass surfaces, owner considers donating to foundation or museum
~Jaco's demo tapes of his first solo release, "Legendary Demo & Live Tracks" CD released, according to jacopastorius.com it's a bootleg. In my opinion stolen from Jaco's heirs.
~possibly the first recording of Jaco with Uptown Funk Allstars is shared, a gem (thank YOU George & Ken Gemmer)
~Jaco is the answer on to the game show "Who Wants To Be a Millionaire"
~Hiram Bullock (RIP) July 25 :(
~Taras, keyboardist and friend of Jaco, passes July 30
~Jaco's team, the Phillies, after 28 years win the World Series
~We have a new president, a landmark landslide win
~4 day, 8 shows, Jaco Fest takes place at the Iridium, NY (thank YOU Kenwood Dennard, Charles Carlini, and the musicians who partook)
~Freddie Hubbard (RIP) December 31

HAPPIEST OF YEARS AHEAD!