Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
picture of jaco`s bass i took in 94

hello ingrid and everyone . ive put up a picture i took of jaco`s bass on www.myspace.com/michaeledmonds it was when i visited new york in 1994 and went to the guitar shops on 48th street . i was in mannys then went across the street to a shop and there was jaco`s bass on the wall for sale , i was shocked and couldnt beleive it . is this the bass you guys always talk about ? i got kicked out of the shop after i took the picture . 94 was a weird year , not only did i see jaco`s bass but i saw and touched charlie parkers white plastic alto when it was sold at an auction in london [elton johns white upright piano was also for sale] and bumped into jimmy page at the auction room and although i knew he was a somebody i didnt know who he was .... a month or so later at sotherbys in bond street in london jimi hendrix`s black strat was for sale . me and a friend went to the veiw and my friend just picked up the guitar and played some licks and then handed it to me , i tried to play purple haze but was dumbstruck . other rock n roll memorabillia was for sale like roger daltrys white sneakers and jeans that he wore in the film TOMMY . the security guy there was a friendly australian and didnt see the harm in us having a go on this holy grail of an axe . i still have the catalouges of these sales to prove my stories ... but i bet a few of you think its tall tales .. its not ! i couldnt beleive it myself . i dont think the black strat was the one hendrix played at the isle of white but might have been another one although his lady monica did sell the isle gig guitar with purple velvet strap , i think . jaco , hendrix and parker are my all time favourite musicians so i felt privilaged to at least see their instruments ... but lets face it , there are people i know in london who jammed with hendrix and saw parker live ! i did jam with joe pass once and there is a picture of him and me on myspace . where there is music you will find my nearbye . cherrs , mike .

Listening To: jazz in the garden/stan clarkes new cd

Re: picture of jaco`s bass i took in 94

Hello Mike! ... thanks for the photo! Very interesting. That bass is for sale now. Check this out: http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetails.aspx?Item=1918411

My Jaco´s web: http://perso.wanadoo.es/fcjavierrubio

I like your playing on Jaco´s th best 77. Great Sound,Congratulations.

Kisses everybody.

cheers FOR LOVERS ONLY dude , i will check out your website . who are you ? what do you do ????? i always see your name on this forum . mike .

Listening To: giants of jazz/monk/stitt/winding ect from 71

Hello Mike, I´m Jaco´s fan & collector from Spain.

My web is not update right now. (Next week it will be). I made that domestic web for exchange Jaco´s Cds & DVDs.

I could see many interesting photos from your space.com ... Joe Pass´ photo for example ... I love Joe, did you listen his record with NHOP called "Chops" from 1978?

Regards.

Listening To: The days of wine and roses

yes , i love the chops record with NHOP and love the clips on youtube of joe . anything with joe is cool with me because he was such a master and a really nice guy to be around . a total master of his style actually and i only wish jaco could have been well and in a good headspace to have recorded or gigged with joe . joe is up there with wes i think . jaco did go down the trio/guitar route somewhat with bireli which was really great , with jaco i could only want more because he was so great at his thing ...i never get bored of his music/many aspects/compositions . cheers , mike .

Listening To: horace silver/tokyo blues