Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
JACO MURAL DESTROYED

Well folks, the "unofficial business manager for JPI" has successfully destroyed another artist...his belt must be full of notches. Speaking on behalf of Jaco (cough..choke) he decided the artist wasn't good enough and brought in his own. After threats, hollering, pushing, and shoving to the point that the organization gave in because they are "afraid" of legal action by JPI, and because, as the director stated that "he" is not only crazy, but that he makes two of the official JPI members even crazier, today the mural was white washed out...what you see above is no more.

I am sure any other artist can do just as great of a job, perhaps even better...though that is all in the eye of the beholder...there is no such thing as better art...the fact is that making a judgment over a piece of art that wasn't even finished yet is hugely improper and a terrible set back in the art world.

There are many more different ways to have handled this, at least let the artist finish, and then decide what to do.

This is so reminiscent of what is happening with the fretless bass, an unnecessary lawsuit due to one big unofficial mouth, who has darkened every aspect of anything related to Jaco and his family, in my opinion of course.

calling himself the unofficial business manager: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8dZgminS9U

Re: JACO MURAL DESTROYED

Possible new design?

http://omploader.org/vMmJmNA/2resffc.jpg (quick sketch)

Funny, yet sad reality, T.

"He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition burns a picture to obtain the ashes."

I am so sickened and saddened to hear this was done. Ann and I were so looking forward to seeing it completed this winter on our yearly visit. .....
Was this Bob Bobbing who or-castrated this?

Listening To: Life

This mural was a rejoicing of the spirit of a man who thru his music has touched many hearts. ..... Not a 'exact' reenactment.
Mona Lisa would be appalled any one liked her smile. I'm sure 'certain' members of her family wanted it destroy at that time also. Thank god it didn't happen.
I've been to the park a few times and felt a wonderful heartfelt love in its creation.
What is really unfortunate is that the 'certain' people who denounced the idea of this park from the beginning are the ones or-castrating what is to be in the park. ......

Are they offering ideas, money, love in remembrance as a solution?
No they are offering blank white walls.
That, is the most telling.

Listening To: Life

Comments by the artist and John Pastorius to the Oakland Park City Commission on 16 Sept 2009.

Photos of the new Jaco Park mural's progress can be seen at the Grassroots Oakland Park MySpace

Paint by number????

Thought same, Candy. Such a shame and so shameful.

....the beginning of Jaco's right shoulder:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

OK, well it's a start. .... We'll take the high road and wait patiently for the rest. ......

Listening To: Winter waning.

Listening To: spring

Interesting so far.

Listening To: Sudden Summer.

The "interesting" goal. :)

Listening To: spring

I like the video of the art work progress. Thanks. It helps us who are not in FL get a feel of whats happening.

The mural is nice and as we all know, those images of Jaco have been seen many times. I still like the first mural better because it had some artistic expression and freedom. my opinion. The new one is simply Van Gogh's Starry Night with Jaco in the middle but this may appeal to those people who have never seen Jaco because the current images they used are actually really nice ones. Maybe its just us die hard fans were looking for something new but at the end of the day, its nice to see Jaco so big and bold and getting the recognition he greatly deserved.

Listening To: Miles - kind of blue

I'm in agreement with you, Jay. Up close the mural consists of paint blobs, magnified pixels, there is no "life" in the overall feel and look of the one wall with Jaco's large head shot. On the "starry night" wall, I am baffled about the clouds, they are out of context and not believable art. Jaco's image on that wall is fairly ok, though again up close the face isn't Jaco..something is off.

Either way, it is what it is, and apparently it is forever. Big mistake, the muralist doesn't in my opinion deserve to be eternally associated with the one Jaco mural in existence, especially in Jaco's Park.

Speaking of the Park, it is wonderful to see people playing soccer, Frisbee, running around the track, or just hanging out relaxing. That is a great thing, again, thanks to the grassroots movement by a local citizen who made it happen, not because of any other official or unofficial person, who now deem it convenient to claim responsibility. :)