Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Your first encounter with Jaco

Hi Ingrid, can you elaborate on what it was that made you attracted to
Jaco, and how did he approach you when you first met?

Re: Your first encounter with Jaco

Hi Mats,

Since we were both in the same circle of friends and acquaintances, living in the same town as well as being in the music scene, we would run into each other at events and parties, at a distance. I was formally introduced to Jaco at the Player's Club, the same night that is now a released CD with Rich Franks and Alex Darqui.

Initially I wasn't attracted to Jaco, I was just coming out of a relationship, and he was in a relationship. But, anyone who knows Jaco will let you know that he always got what he wanted, perhaps since I wasn't falling all over him like most everyone else, the attraction for me was strong.

It was after his brother's art show at the Village Zoo, and I was leaving when he jumped into the road as if to hitchhike. I stopped and gave him a ride to his car just a few meters away, it was quite funny, he was funny, loved to joke, say deep things out of the blue, and that day he needed someone to talk to, and to listen. I did, patiently, while waiting for him to be done, because I was tired, and needed to get sleep in order to go to work the next morning. Perhaps noticing that I was losing concentration he suddenly asked..."Are you ready?" then leaned over and kissed me. I answered, "no, I am not". He got up, walked away, turned around and saluted with a respectful bow. I didn't see nor hear from him again because he went on a world tour, until the day he came back, straight from the airport, suitcases in hand, knocking at my door.

What attracted me to Jaco was his playfulness, his need to be active, to go on adventures, to walk carefree, and his deep reflectiveness, especially his connection with nature...he was impulsive and exciting, never a dull moment...and then of course his musical mind...full of endless and boundless energy...he was/is my soulmate. But my most favorite thing to do with him was while he was practicing, often sitting at the end of the bed with the TV on, I would lay my head down close by his side and fall asleep, listening.... still brings me to tears thinking back.

So there it is, Mats, well..some of it. :)

WONDERFUL!

Thank you very much for answering Ingrid, I
really appreciate it. You are a lovely lady :)

Thank YOU, Mats.