Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trujillo playing THE FRETLESS with Metallica

Istanbul 6/27/10 during "For Whom the Bell Tolls".

You can see the bass around 6:05.

Shown a few seconds at about 1:20:

Re: Trujillo playing THE FRETLESS with Metallica

through all that amplified power, sounds to me like any other bass. Just proof that the sound is really in the hands!

I agree with you Jay.But,Metallica's music wouldn't have the bottom end if Robert used the bottom pickup on only as well as higher mids in the EQ section of his bass rig.I don't have Jaco's hands per say,but I can mimic his sound easily with my 361 and a Jazz bass.

Ingrid, what are the latest about the bass? Is Robert Trujillo still using it at Metallica concerts, or are there any plans made for it that you know about?

The best,
Örjan

Hello Ö! From what I understand the bass is in RT's hands till the family can come up with the $ that he spent to get it. According to a post made on the official website's forum by Jaco Pastorius, Inc.'s accountant, Rory Pastorius, and at that time representing the four heirs, he stated that RT can play it "whenever and wherever" he so desires. I personally have no knowledge whether RT is still playing it on tour, I guess if he wants to he will.

Hope you and yours are well, amigo!

Listening To: Modern Jazz Quartet

Isn't it a little strange that Trujillo hasn't given the bass back?! I'm very curious as to how much money he wants before he hands the bass to the Pastorius family. Is it near a million dollars?
To me it doesn't look like he's quite the helper to the Pastorius family--almost more like the hostage holder. And then to go out and play the bass in concert?! Hmmmm.

Thanks Ingrid, we're fine over here!

Well, not much has happened then I guess... at least his not "Mr X" and the bass is still "visual",
but Ed, I'll go with you on that hmmmmm.