Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
! 2010 JACO BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION !

2010 Jaco Birthday Celebration coming up, it will be the 13th (Jaco's favorite number) annual party, Jaco would have been 59... :(RIP JFP III): ....

Date: December 4, 2010
Place: Fort Lauderdale

Any musician, band who wants to participate, please contact me, the only requirement: Love for Jaco. :))

Listening To: the gentle airwaves of fall

Re: ! 2010 JACO BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION !

I wish I'll be there!
I'll give my little contribute from Italy on Dec 1st @ Petit Arquebuse (Julius knows...)

miss U guys!!!

Listening To: good music

DECEMBER 4, 2010
Show Your Love at the Greatest Bassplayer's Birthday Celebration
The Dive Bar
3233 North Ocean Blvd (A1A)
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
(954) 565-9264
WANT TO PLAY? BRING YOUR AXE!

Miss you too, Massimo!

So happy to hear you're doing your own celebration of Jaco's Birth! Thank you!

‎"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." ~ Frank Zappa

At this point I can only say: something was sculpted last night, and it was incredible, big, loaded with love, energy, spirit, and talent.. :) Thanks to all who came out and felt it. Nothing but LOVE. Looking forward to next year!!!

Happy Day of your Birth, Jaco!! GBJ

what a great jam, i really liked the way that jam built up . your sons are on bass and drums ingrid but who are the other three gentlemen ? great solo`s all round , great interplay ... it was like ******* brew [maybe because of the added guitar element] mixed with weather report .. ******* brew is weather report really. i can hear the sax player is listening to and playing lots of post 85 sax lines/licks ... my generation were still trying to play bebop/bird stuff when we were in our late 20`s [in 95] and its great to hear younger players being doing something totally different and of its time . the guitar player is great , the blues element sounds really american and i loved his comping early on . they should make a live album like this . im now double gutted i wasnt at the gig but you cant always get what you want ... but if you try sometimes ... you can get what you need!!! i hope to see more clips of this gig , youtube ? mike .

Listening To: mysterious traveler