Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Jaco Pastorius and Ira Sullivan

If you go to the thread a bit down the forum labeled "new site", you will see a discussion about what might be officially sanctioned bootlegs released only in Japan. A quintet with Ira and Jaco is one of the releases, follow the links provided to the Japanese site.

Without having the facts, one could deduce that those recordings might have been sold to Japan without compensating some of the rightful owners of those tapes, and are only available via that site. Sad state of affairs.

thank you both for your replies. I wonder how much more
Jaco recordings (studio or live)are yet to be known.

i guess there must be dozens of soundboard recordings since the early days, until the final years. Are there any plans for a proper(official) release of any of them? there´s always a great interest in any of Jaco´s music all over the world.

Listening To: Havona

No doubt there is more music, even unheard gems, to be enjoyed, traders of Jaco's music can attest to that, but I am not affiliated with any official Jaco matters, and like you, wonder and hope for same, as well am I befuddled as to why the official entity, site, and it's four heirs themselves don't make available any of their father's recordings or other memorabilia for the Jaco fans to treasure, therefore in their official capacity create and further Jaco's well-deserved legacy. Thus far too much time has only been spent on negative energy while slandering attempts to honor Jaco and his work, resulting in lack of productivity. Always better to be pro-active rather than re-active, in all facets of life.