Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dana dania

hello ingrid and everyone . im watching a dvd with stanley clarke and wayne shorter ect called THE MANHATTAN PROJECT and its fantastic . get one if you havent already , i got it on vhs in 89 and now have it on dvd and hearing through my stereo is even better . anyway , a tune of jaco`s is featured called DANIA and stanley blows a really nice solo on upright . i was watching jaco perform this same tune the other night with the word of mouth band with delmar brown ect on youtube . great clip where jaco uses an octave pedal !!! DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE CHANGES FOR THIS TUNE ??????? i can hear it starts with a D7ALT but then it goes around a bit ??? let me know if you can ? mike .

Listening To: manhattan project

Re: dana dania

Don't know about the changes, but I love this tune! Any version of it! :) The bottom vid is my ringtone!

Listening To: Modern Jazz Quartet

Re: dana dania

thank you very much ingrid , i feel like its christmas again seeing you reply with 5 versions of dania !!! my favourite musicians wife sends me 5 fantastic takes of my tune of the moment !!! good thing im grown up because if this had happened when i was a teenager i would have passed out !!! im seriously trying to find the changes , the first version on your reply sounds like a minor chord first while stanley/waynes sounds d7alt. great , great tune and when did jaco write this one ? im now going to check out the other versions ..... thanks , mike.

Listening To: manhattan project