Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jaco Pastorius radio show

I will be a special guest with Ozone in the a.m. for a special Jaco Pastorius tribute show on Monday June 27 from 7a.m. till 10a.m. est on WHRW 90.5 in Binghamton, NY. Not lucky enough to love in Binghamton? Listen live online anywhere in the world at www.whrwfm.org.

Listening To: Weather Report 6/28/78

Re: Jaco Pastorius radio show

Hey Gang,
It's Ozone. Brian thank you very much for spreading the word. You and I are both Jaco fanatics....in fact I was upset that Jaco was so far back in the recent Bass player mag, of the top 20 tones or something. I kept saying....wheres Jaco?! Wheres Jaco?! Finally on the last page I think. If there was no Jaco, there would be no "modern" bass players exploring the tonality of our beloved basses. And ya, maybe a little talcum powder on the stage floor. Hahahah may God rest your soul in peace Jaco Pastorius! Tune in gang! It will be informative, and we are fortunate to have some extremely rare Jaco recordings....much thanks to Brian for that. We will do some chatting about Jaco too. It will be fun! Tune to 90.5 FM WHRW Binghamton NY.....or web stream us @ www.whrwfm.org. THANK YOU!
Ozone in the AM @ WHRW FM Binghamton NY. TOON IN!

Listening To: Pyromaniacs unite

Greeting fellow Jaco lovers,
I would like to extend an open invitation to Ingrid, to call in to our upcoming Jaco tribute radio show. I am blessed to have a special guest with me at the radio station that morning to discuss everything Jaco. It would be an EXTREME HONOR for our listeners, who STILL enjoy Jacos music daily! Please consider our heartfelt invitation.
Thank you!
Ozone in the AM @ WHRW FM 90.5 Binghamton NY
www.WHRWFM.org for a live web stream
ozoneintheam@yahoo.com

If the show is on Monday 7am in New York and Sydney Australia is 14 hours ahead of New York, the show is on (the previous day) Sunday at 5pm. This is a great time for us Jaco fans in Australia. I will let the bass forums here in Australia know about this.

Listening To: A Night in Tunisia, Dizzy Gillespie

Awesome. We will give a shout out to all the Jaco fans in Austrailia.

Listening To: Weather Report 6/28/78

Great stuff, Ozone and Brian, thank you, I will pass it on, this is wonderful, thanks so much!

And thank you for the invite to call in, I will definitely try to be available, much appreciate the honor, hopefully I can contribute.

Good show! :)

Ingrid,
I am deeply humbled and honored that you even respond to a low life FM DJ like myself. lol I CAN tell you that Jaco formed many, many, "modern" Bass players. Myself and Brian included of course. Jaco left such a deep footprint in the music industry, in various forms. We to this day still pay homage to Jaco. He was the best! No ifs whats, or buts! We would be honored with your presence if you could be available. I would gladly make a donation to a charity of your choice, in either your name, or Jacos. Thank you very much for your time.
Ozone in the AM @WHRW FM 90.5
www.WHRWFM.org on the web...TOON IN!
ps Ingrid my email is....ozoneintheam@yahoo.com. If you would like a heads up on some of the kagillion questions we have. Thank You! I can give you my phone number too.

Please Ozone, it's only by association to him, I am someone who has chosen to pay homage to Jaco as well, via this site and other venues. My accomplishments are seriously minimal in comparison, if you feel I might be able to answer some questions, I'm honored.

Feel free to email me the kazillion questions, as well as the details on when and where I need to call on that day. :)

Speak soon!

Hey Gang,
I sent Ingrid some of our questions. If you have any questions that you think we should ask...please email them to me asap. I hope you're as pumped as we are for the Jaco tribute show. Be there or be square!
Stay Tuned!
Ozone In The AM @ WHRW

Listening To: Jaco and Bireli

Yes, let's make it mega-zillion questions!! :))

Haven't received an email yet, Ozone, can you resend?

You heard the nice lady Ingrid gang! Please send me some more questions. Brian and I think we have a few good questions, but are always wide open to suggestion/hints/comments. We still have 2.5 days...we can do this. lol
Thank you!
Ozone

Tomorrow morning from 7-10 A.M. E.S.T. Deep Cuts, rare tracks and interviews. 3 hours celebrating the music we all love. 90.5 FM in Binghamton, NY and streaming live everywhere in the known universe at www.whrwfm.org Wake up, tune in and enjoy. Or, if your in Australia, stream while fixing your Sunday dinner.

Listening To: Jaco and Mike Stern '85

We had a blast on the show this morning. Big Thanks to Ingrid for phoning in, we enjoyed the chat. We barely scratched the surface of what we wanted to play, stay tuned there could be a part 2 in the future.

Listening To: Jaco and Mike Stern '85

Thank you, Brian, and Ozone again for doing this tribute to Jaco, I especially enjoyed the enthusiasm you both have doing this. And my apologies for letting a "bad" word slip out, shows you how comfortable I was, lol. :#