Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Jaco New CD "Green Light" from japan

This is very disturbing news. To hear that someone who has been a high profile individual affiliated with JPI and who was once involved in legitimate endeavors has now stooped to bootlegging is very disappointing.

Disappointing and definitely disturbing, but from my experiences not surprising at all....not so sure how legitimate any of the others were either, sorry to bust that perception, John. What is even more disappointing to me is that Jaco respected, loved, and saw Ira as a real friend and mentor...and now this bootleg is exactly what should have never happened to Ira, Joe, and the others, they gave up these tapes to this individual, in faith...they weren't his to begin with, yet he's profiting...but again, not surprising either, not one bit. Even more disturbing is that it was done with the blessings of several in the official corporation, excluding the twins, they were not made privy of these types of dealings, if any at all.

Now with one of Jaco's fellow musicians spelling out the details of being ripped off and the nature of this corrupt operation even the most ardent supporters of him have to admit they have been hoodwinked.

One would think that..John, but the hoodwink is so tightly on, and so deep are they into this scam themselves, it is in their minds impossible to get out from under it....plus one needs to have a backbone as well as be honest... perhaps both are lacking.

Also, Rich Franks called out the scam surrounding the Player's Club CD, a sad affair that turned ugly as usual, another artist and real friend of Jaco's who was railroaded, which ultimately affects Jaco's legacy.

BTW since this forum doesn't require signing up, anyone can post as anyone else, therefore I confirmed with Ira privately that the post was made by him.