Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2011 JACO'S LIFE CELEBRATED see list of events here!

With Jaco's 60th coming up on December One, I have been hearing about events celebrating his Life in other parts of the World. If you know of one, please list below so I can pass on the Word. :o)

In FLA on December 4 @ The Funky Biscuit 7 and on..
FUNKY BISCUIT

In NY on November 30 @ Zinc Bar 9 and on to singing Happy Birth Day...
ZINC BAR

And if you would like to give a Gift... feel free to help :

http://www.ipetitions.com/peti​tion/jacostamp/
Petition Jaco Pastorius Commemorative Stamp
VOTE FOR JACO STAMP HERE

Re: 2011 JACO'S LIFE CELEBRATED see list of events here!

Jaco and I spent a lot of times at Ronnie Scotts, now there will be a big band tribute for him there.

SAT November 19, 2011

JACO TRIBUTE AT RONNIE SCOTTS IN SOHO, UK

The Laurence Cottle Big band, which features the cream of British soloists, will be performing tunes from Jaco’s big band repertoire as well as new arrangements of Jaco’s compositions previously unheard or recorded.

unfortunately i had a gig last sat so missed the ronnies gig .... my gig involved a 3 hour set til 2am playing cliff richard covers and boney m , wipe out , elvis ... a really mad party . im buying my flight this afternoon and will arrive in fort lauderdale next thursday .....

Listening To: mr gone

Cliff Richard! I use to have a poster of him on my wall, and one of Fabian too..lol.

I will be coming in from the NY event Thursday night, working Friday morning till 1, then ready for the weekend, people flying in, and Sunday! :))

I usually have room at the house, Mike, but it will be loaded that weekend, so here's a link to hotels near the venue:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SmartDeals-g34176-Deerfield_Beach_Florida-Hotel-Deals.html

There are some affordable ones, let me know if you need help booking.

See you in a few!! :)

its official , i will arrive on thursday . will emailyou with a couple of questions ....

Listening To: mr gone