Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
about Ingrid

There is so much I want to say, I can't. If you are familiar with this website, this labor of love, chances are you are familiar with beautiful Ingrid Pastorius. She cared so much, about Jaco and their family, her friends, strangers, and The World. And most of all, she cared about getting it and keeping it right, and that she did.

I'm sorry y'all, Ingrid passed away last night, november 28th.

Goodbye my friend, and may peace be with you.....

Re: about Ingrid

it seems this news is true although i cant beleive it is , i got some emails from ingrid on monday and i have been so exited to finally meet her this thursday. we both had flights coming into fort lauderdale at 6pmish on thursday . seems ive sadly missed her , although i have chatted with her here for 10 years i think . my deepest sympathy to her sons and family , i feel for her family .... she was young .

Listening To: mr gone

.....prayers for Julius and Felix.....your loss-I can only imagine....you have each other to travel thru this difficult time.....I don't know if this rings in your spirits..hope so.
"I am with you always" Jesus Christ

Saw Ingrid at Randy's last solo gig in Ft. Lauderdale, two nights before the Jaco Big Band left for Japan. It was the first time I shared a conversation with her,though we had met briefly once before. She was as warm and gracious in person as she was on this site. No one could have done a better job keeping Jaco's legacy alive than Ingrid. She gave so much love to everyone and will be missed by music lovers the world over. My heart goes out to Felix and Julius, Holly, and all her family.

Listening To: silence

Ingrid, I'm proud of you.. your sons, your website, your worldwide friendships, your warmth. You'll be missed and remembered!
Best thoughts and wishes to all who are close to you.

Ingrid chatted with me online when i lost a parent while a million miles away from family. i'll never never ever forget that.

GBI

She often wrote GBJ (God Bless Jaco)

I am so filled with shock and sadness. Ingrid was truly a remarkable human who touched the lives of so many people. She loved her sons, her brothers, her nieces, and her momma and papa fiercely, and time did not stop her loving Jaco. She always had time for everyone; people reached out to her from across the world. I don't even know how there were enough hours in the day for her to give so much of herself. I will miss her more than I even begin to express.

If her friend Janice reads on here, I would love it if you would contact me at limegreengirl00@aol.com