Return to Website

Count Dante Virtual Library Forum

The library where chatting is encouraged.

Enjoy yourself!

Forum: Dante Virtual Museum & Library Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Court Today has ended...

Veryyyyyyyyy Interesting time in Federal Court in Boston today.

I will not say anything. It will all come out in Justia next week. I am cool though. Gonna leave you all in suspense until it hits the public record. Aguiar does have a lawyer at last. This should make all the other deliberations easier now he has professional assistance. He has some hurdles meanwhile.

Re: Court Today has ended...

Someone just emailed me and asked me about the "heat being turned up." Well yeah it was. But the heat was not on me. Like I said, wait to see the Justia filings. This way no need to deal with external spin.

The film is on schedule to be finished this year. I am back to fundraising with no worries.

Watch my blog for some interesting news.

**** It Floyd,

This is worse than a Hitchcock Movie. Good Luck

Mike S

Wow, am I reading this right???

Mike S

You are...you are...

Looks like a very good day in court. As suspected good wins over evil. As predicted Billy starts to pay and will continue to pay.

Verne

I hear Creeden is wondering why no one is talking. We are all talking, just not to him. There is no reason for me to talk to or about him.

Floyd

Congrats on the court ruling of today. Is it standard procedure for the judge to advise the plaintiff of his 5th amendment rights? To me that doesn't sound good for W.A. III.

Verne

It will all be revealed when the case is done.

If I have read this right it appears that things are about to get very serious for William. I have never heard of 5th ammendment rights being addressed in a civil case. Are criminal charges about to be filed against Aguiar???

Mike S

Vern and Mike you guys are legal eagles man! I understand the jist of the motion but thats about it.

Email  

I've just never heard of the 5th ammendment being applied to a civil case. I thought the 5th ammendement is reserved for criminal cases but it appears that may not be true.

From Wikipedia:

The Fifth Amendment protects witnesses from being forced to incriminate themselves. To "plead the Fifth" is a refusal to answer a question because the response could form self incriminating evidence

Fifth Amendment protections apply wherever and whenever an individual is compelled to testify. The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that the right against self-incrimination applies whether the witness is in Federal or state court, and whether the proceeding itself is criminal or civil.

So evidently the court is definately warning William about self-incrimination of some sort.

Mike S

Yes. Sam's explanation was helpful on this account. That judge must be muttering to himself that he should have taken his wife's advice and retired a year ago.

Email  

http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/massachusetts/madce/1:2007cv11673/111449/89/

this might be a clue....

For what its worth, sounds like to me they have dug themselves a hole that they are not going to be able to climb out of. Federal courts are starting to recognize the dangers of online threats and intimidation and they are acting on these threats. I really would not want to be in their shoes.

Mike S

Well!! All I can say is that for a very long time many of us have been trying to advise certain people to be careful as to what they say and how they treat others. There are always consequences for our actions. I would suspect that this 5th amendment thing could be just the start of some very serious legal problems, (not civil court) for some.

Verne

Mountains of trouble in store for Aguiar... and Creeden? I have a feeling that Creeden who deems himself untouchable is going to be in for a surprise if/when the judge subpoenas him into court. I can't imagine that he is just going to ignore him much further. Creeden should just be lucky that the judge dropped the case against Barron or those phone calls to his mom would be coming up too.

Can anyone tell me who that piece of garbage is who writes on the Black Dragon Blog. How does he get away with trashing people so badly. He lives here in Fall River??

We have our characters but I never heard of these people. What makes them think they are so important? I have been in martial arts in MA and I have never heard of these people. What do they do? Where is their school.

Someone from NY sent me these links making fun of Fall River. Can I get a short explanation? I am way out of the loop here.

Steph

Email  

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66358&page=27

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com