The Hard Hat Brotherhood Public Forum

Welcome to our HHBrotherhood public forum. Find a subject and post your feedback. Want to start a new subject? Please Do! Try not to leave without posting atleast one post. We want to hear from you. Red Hat Society ladies welcome to voice your views as well.

The Hard Hat Brotherhood Public Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Civitan Membership?

We all joined the HHB to have fun and that is GREAT. I belong to a service club named Civitan International, which is similar to Kiwanis, Rotary or Lions. I KNOW that you have all heard about the BIG THREE but many don't know a thing about Civitan. It is one of the best kept secrets and I want to change that! We were founded in 1917 in Birmingham, AL and, currently,we have Civitan Clubs in 24 countries throughout the world.
Please contact me via E.Mail or by Phone (760) 931-2644 if you would like to belong to an organization that is devoted to helping those less fortunate with an emphasis on those with MR/DD afflictions. (That is Mentally Retarded/ Developmentally Challenged!) We have sponsored the CIRC at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (which is the Civitan International Research Center) for the past 13-14 years, to the tune of a pledge of $1,000,000 per year for 20 years. Through the efforts of the researchers at the CIRC, great strides have been made genetic causes of MR/DD afflictions and the use of Chlorotoxin for treating cancer tumors in juveniles. Having visited the CIRC in 2002, it made me proud to belong to Civitan. Please call me or E.Mail me for more info! Butch Kaske

Crew Name: ?? San Diego is the closest Crew but it is 30-35 miles away!

Re: Civitan Membership?

Greetings All,

This just another perfect example that The Hard Hat Brotherhood is not in competition with other organizations. In fact we compliment other organizations including Shriners, Civitans, Elks, Moose, etc. We have an ever growing membership that belongs to other clubs. Nothing wrong with that, Hard Hatters are out to have fun doing guy stuff. Other clubs are starting to use us for guidence in taking a new direction. A direction of brotherhood, fun and friendship. Isn't that what it is all about?

-Andy, the Head Hard Hat

Crew Name: The Royal Pains