Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Life is better with animals 17

Dear readers, chapter 17 of Carthia's delightful "Life is beeter with animals" is posted on the 'My Friends' Stories' page. Enjoy!

Renée

Re: Life is better with animals 17

Maja,

I finally caught up. I love the characters as animals, it's so very clever.

I'm a little worried how L&D are going to react when they wake up -- I know you say you are low angst, but still.

Your writing in describing the storm was vivid, and quite lovely. I felt myself jumping a little at the thunder and lightening myself.

Thanks for writing and sharing with us.

Re: Re: Life is better with animals 17

Grace,
Thank you so much for your praise! Indeed, I planned this story to be a low-angst one, but that doesn't mean there won't be any angst. But let's just say that everything will end well

Maja

Maja, sorry for the silly typo (beeter = better)! Don't know yet whether I can correct that or not! It's a much simpler forum than Firthness... eek

Renée

Re: Re: Life is better with animals 17

Renee, it's ok. Actually, I thought the title looked rather Dutch that way

Re: Life is better with animals...

Girls, don't forget to post a comment for Maja's latest chapter of Life is Better with Animals!

Renée

Oh Maja, these two are so going to miss each other... I felt the warmth of their togetherness, and they are so well suited! I'm happy to know that you're not an 'extreme-angst' sort of an author and that I can be confident that all is well that ends well... But I dread their seperation in the next chapter. Please, leave it to that single one, pretty please...??

Thanks, dearie, for another delightful bit of Life is Better with Animals.

Renée

I've 'heard' rumours that Maja's next chapter is with her betas... Is that true, Maja? And if yes, when do you plan to post? You've been trying our patience long enough, you know!

Renée

Chapters 19 and 20 are posted, will read and comment asap.

Renée

Heartwarming, Maja, the welcome back for Lizzy, but so understandable the pang she felt by observing Maria and Pete, of course she misses him, who wouldn't!?:

Elizabeth observed the exchange in amusement, but also a bit wistfulness. The teasing banter between her younger colleagues was old as time. It spoke of their happiness and ease around each other. Unbidden her thoughts drifted to William and at that moment she felt his absence very keenly. Suddenly the scene became irritating to her.

And Charlottes reservations to tell Lizzy about her new job were equally comprehensible.

Elizabeth viewed success in a horizontal way: deepening her knowledge and improving her skills, becoming a true expert in what she did. Most of all though, she wanted to help people and animals and to be of use to the local community.

I love my Lizzy to be an idealist. What a cool girl she is, but we already knew that. And you did a great job in showing us the essential difference between Charlotte and Elizabeth: pragmatism versus idealism.

"I'm not very keen on these kinds of gatherings," he said with a sigh.

LOL! No kidding?!… Ah, well that’s William for you! ;)

No, she wasn't going to believe Wickham before she had solid proof that he wasn't lying.

Thank God there’s still some sense in her. What a pathological liar and schemer this Wickham is. Every time I read his account about his ‘misfortunes’, either in the original or in fanfiction I get so ANGRY!!!

But William and Lizzy will work things out together, won't they... WON'T THEY? Not too much angst, if you please, Maja, I cannot bear it!

You’ve drawn a great picture about how Lizzy is picking up her life again. And, for the sake of her practice, I’m very pleased that she’s not behaving like a lovelorn schoolgirl! Would be a little out of character too, I think.

Very nicely done, but now, get back to business and bring them together again!

Renée

Girls, in case you didn't notice, chapter 21 of LIBWA is posted. Don't miss it!

Will comment properly later, Maja.

Renée

The mortification of having fainted during a surgery, an unpardonable reaction in his opinion, was very much alive in his memory.

Poor man, such a weakness in his view! But it cannot be helped… ;) I felt for him when he heard those silly nurses giggle! Such a funny picture you painted there.

"She locked herself with him in his office and assaulted him, that's what she did," quipped Julie. "That was too much for Darcy. He should have had the tramp fired, but he was too kind for that. She was...redistributed as it were. As far as I know she's now working in some tiny clinic in some god forsaken village."

"Not to mention he didn't want the affair to become public. Imagine the scandal!"

Hey, a female Wickham!… I wonder though, how did this incident become public? Did that silly woman spread the word herself? Or is it just vicious gossip…? A good thing that that girl didn’t turn the table on Darcy. We know how a rejected woman can act!

Maja, this was another great chapter and well worth the wait. Very well done. You painted the situation at LC’s house and her ladyship herself perfectly and the conversation between Anne and Darcy was very touching.
Truth be told, I didn’t like the end at all! You know how I hate angst!
Come on girl, bring these two together again and quickly, if you please.

Thank you, Maja. Don’t keep us waiting too long the next time. You haven’t got a thesis excuse anymore. Congratulations BTW on that wonderful achievement.

Renée

OMG, Maja, is she sad or is she sad…?

Like a pathologist examining a dead body for possible reasons of death, she searched her memory for the elusive cause of her anxiety, feelings of foreboding and trepidation tying her stomach into knots.

Waiting for the phone to ring had never felt like awaiting her death at the gallows before.

Come on Lizzy, pull yourself together and stop pitying yourself. I understand why you’re jumping to conclusions, but the way you criticize his character is most unfair! Did you forget entirely how loving and caring he was whilst you sprained your ankle?

Get a grip, girl! Admit it, you've got carried away because of your distress, but I bet that your grant will make you return to your senses soon enough and put things into perspective again. Give the man a chance, if you please!!! …And soon!

How absurd it was that when one thing in her life fell spectacularly into pieces, another started working out remarkably well

Lovely ending, dear, can’t wait for the next instalment. You did a great job here, as always.

Renée

Re: Life is better with animals 23

Wherever she was, whatever she was doing, he was always at the back of her mind. He was like an aching tooth she couldn't stop touching with her tongue again and again, even though she knew
very well it would hurt.

What a great comparison!

This decision brought a new sense of relief and peace to Elizabeth. Pulling up her driveway and getting out of the car, she started walking slowly to the door. She inhaled the fresh air deeply and closed her eyes, savouring the quiet and stillness of the winter evening.

The imagery of the snow is lovely. Beautifully put.

Unaccountably, she felt as if a great weight
had been taken off her shoulders. All would be well yet.

It definitely will!

Instead of be-winged beauties, however, she spotted a short, bald man. Next to him stood an elegantly dressed old lady, with grey hair and a very wrinkled face. To her right she glimpsed a very overweight man, standing with a plate and stuffing his face with caviar. She laughed quietly to herself. No, the people around her were no fairies; they were ordinary humans, albeit very rich and important, by the look of it.

Too funny! One should always put things into perspective, right? ;)

"Henry Tilney! What are you doing
here?"

A very good question indeed! ;)

she had to find out the answer. Forget Anne, Wickham's accusations and her own wounded feelings. She needed to know the truth and she would know it!

That’s my girl!

"Elizabeth! What are you doing here?"

Finding out the truth about you, dear William…

Maja, this was a wonderful chapter, I enjoyed it thoroughly. The description of her daily duties… that terrible ‘life-must-go-on’ sort of thing and the way you managed to express both their feelings was splendidly done. I particularly liked how you made her feel better thanks to the prospect of going to London.

My compliments, dear. And thank you for already having put some sense in Lizzy’s pretty head. I can’t wait for the next chapter.

hugs
Renée

I am soooo glad that Lizzy FINALLY decided to go to the source and ask William! Things are never as simple as they seem and with Wickham mucking things up, well!

Do post again soon. I have really been enjoying this story.

Aimee

Renee and Aimee, thank you both for your great comments! I'm glad you're enjoying the story :)

Chapter 24 will be posted very soon :)

I loved Chapter 24! Ah, finally he told her that he loved her! And told her the whole story ... All is well! Until Wickham does what to Lydia???? How is Darcy to save the day? Hopefully not in the operating room! Eeek! I like how Hurst ran up to Lizzy before Darcy hee hee. I can't wait for further chapters. This is a great story!

Aimee

Awwww Maja, this was such a delightful chapter. What a great couple they are, so well matched and you managed to express the variety in moods and situations so very well. First, conflicting emotions and regret (Wickham's exposure and what an awful b@stard he is); then boldness of action (the come-to-bed part); realism and sensibility (d@mn, no preservative); and last but not least, romance and sensuality (their sweet, tender and passionate embraces).

His lips left hers, moving across her cheek to her ear. His warm breath burnt her skin, as he whispered, “I mean it, Elizabeth. I won’t let you leave me again. Come with me to bed.”

I really like men who know what they want and are not shy to say it…

Lovely, Maja, just lovely!

Thank you, honey.

Renée

My dear Polish pet, I finally read and posted your new chapter and what a treat it was.

I'm so happy Lizzy told William everything.

"It's not your fault. I want to trust you. I thought I did, but at the first signs that you could have been keeping something from me, I freaked out," she confessed. "Not because you did something wrong, but because it reminded me too much of something that happened to me a few years ago."

The agonies the poor girl must have suffered. Men can be *******s, can't they? Fortunately she's found her Mr. Right. One you'd wish every girl to find!

"What an exhausting business these heartfelt confessions are!"

I say amen to that, dear Lizzy!

Thanks, Maja, for another lovely chapter.

Renée

Renee, thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter, even though not much heppened in it :)

I'm working on the new chapter very slowly, fighting writer's block as I go along *scowl* But I shall conquer this.

Hugs,
Maja

How can you say a thing like that, Maja! I think that a lot happened! Ah..., you mean THAT didn't happen... Listen, hon. I've come to an age that I can patiently wait for that to happen...

And of course you shall conquer your block, this fan demands it of you... hee hee

Renée

Maja, what an early morning treat your new chapter was for me!

I love the way William's and Elizabeth's relationship develops. There's this delightful intimacy in the way they talk with one another that one only encounters with people who feel perfectly comfortable with each other. The meeting with Georgiana was delightful. What a sweet girl, and of course they'll be great friends. And I could easily imagine William and Georgiana purchasing all those goodies for Elizabeth. Georgiana must have been so excited about it! And William grateful for her help, naturally.

I found the part about the loss of their parents particularly poignant, and loved Lizzy's reflection on it.

By the end of the evening, Elizabeth felt her knowledge and understanding of William had increased significantly. She had always felt she knew him little, too little; therefore, she was grateful for the glimpse into the past of the man she loved.

And boy, am I happy that your great passion, the opera, played such a lovely part in this chapter! I couldn't wait to put La Boheme on and of course I had to think of the summer of 2004 when we discussed this great love of yours... and mine.

Thanks you for this wonderful chapter, luv. Well worth the wait! ...But don't keep us waiting so long for the next...

Renée

Renee, thank you for your wonderful comment! I'm glad you liked the chapter and I'm especially thrilled you enjoyed the opera references. I've been planning to put an outing to the opera in the story for a very long time. I wrote that bit in last February, actually. It's one of the only two scenes I wrote out of sequence :)

I'll try not to keep you waiting another six months for the next chapter. :)

Maja

I am so glad, Maja, that you introduced the opera, it brought back such fun memories of last summer! :)

I enjoyed your chapter very much, and as you know, it inspired me to continue my own!

hugs
Renée

Rush over to Carthia's pages and read chapter 27 of her wonderful Life is Better with Animals.

I promise, you won't be disappointed.

Renée

Dearest Carthia, I've been so busy uploading new chapters of all the fantabulous stories on Mrs. Darcy's, that I simply didn't have time to comment properly on each and every one of them.

This morning I decided to read your last chapter again. Not in a hurried way as is my wont lately due to circumstances, but at my leisure, since the rest of the house is still very quiet.

You know very well that I've always loved your story, your sense of humour, your moderate angst levels, offering us a modern Elizabeth and Darcy who are quite true, IMNSHO, to Jane Austen's and, last but not least, your wonderful use of the English language which isn't your own. Hats off for that too!

Chapter 27 is amazing. You've outdone yourself, dearest. The tub scene... OMG, I needed a fan! The agonies Darcy had to suffer . Elizabeth's control over the situation, delicious!! Gosh, she feels at ease with the guy. When, oh when will we be able to enjoy more of their relationship that's so promising for a fabulous future together?

I know how busy you are doing different things, but believe me, I'd love nothing better than to announce your next installment!

Go for it, girl! Pretty please....

Renée

Oh, we are so still waiting. Is there anything that we can do to encourage you to post the next chapter?

We would love to know what happens next.

Thanks,

M2

This is my very first story I read on MrsDarcy.com many months ago..and also the very first modern piece I read that I loved it! Since then, i have "opened" myself to modern-day fanfics and am always in search for a great story, which of course i have found all the fantastic writers here on this site. Many thanks to Carthia, for changing my mind about modern fics . Still waiting with anticipation for the next chapter from you

Also to all the writers here, you guys have done a GREAT job in writing and capturing the essence of P&P, thanks for making my days alot brighter and something to look forward to everyday!

Thanks so much for posting your story! I am so glad that Lizzy and Darcy have finally become an official couple!

Can't wait to read the rest of your story! Please post more soon!

Thanks so much for sharing your story! It is great!

Sarah

I read "Life is Better with Animals" over the weekend and found in it another great story line. Superb darling, simply Superb Carthia . Julia

P.S. When can we expect the conclusion?

Iloved this different version with it's funny twist of situations! Darcy gets talked into doing different things just to be with Lizzie! What a guy thing! I was cracking up over Caroline, what a piece of work she is! Especially the doggie deed!
I hope you finish the story

Dearest Readers,
I'm sorry for keeping quiet for so long, but since I didn't have any good news for you, I've decided to say nothing. I'm afraid this story has been on hiatus since last February, and despite all my efforts, I haven't been able to write anything since then. I do intend to continue the story, but I can't promise anything regarding the date of the next update.

Thank you very much for your interest and kind words. I'm very happy and grateful that this story hasn't been completely forgotten :)

xxx
C.

Oh Carthia there is no way I could forget this wonderful story. I just love your story line with Lizzy as a vet and Darcy a neurosurgeon. I sure hope you find inspiration in knowing that we are all pulling for you. Your a great writter. You know after reading this story back in August I wondered If Darcy might give up his practice in London and move to Meryton and marry Lizzy of cource, and Charles and Jane need to marry also. Or what if Lizzy tried to open a clinic in London? And what about Charlotte, Caroline, her dog and Darcy's new dog and Lizzy's animals, and all of Lizzy's friends at the office and...
Oh please Carthia please don't wait to long you have so much to give.. And We just love the way you have captivated us with this story.

I just started reading this story. I love the dogs name Hurst!
But you left Darcy and Lizzy all wet. What are you going to do?
Enjoying the story
Geri

This is a wonderful story, I am looking forward to
reading the concluding chapters. I would appreciate
your letting me know when I can expect a new chapter.

Thank You
Sue Corley
Coral Springs. Florida

Lovely story! Hoping that you will be able to update sometime soon.

wonderful history!!
I Love it!! please, post some more...

please post some more!!!!

A christmas gift!!!

i´m here, in Brazil, waiting your post...

:D

I loved this! I hope there were more. Great and passionate Darcy and Elizabeth.

Numerous yourunblockedgames help establish useful abilities, act as a kind of exercise, or otherwise do an educational, simulational, or mental function. Obtain cut the actual deal - breast 210 lbs by come july 1st 1 record considerable concentrate on stomach location cardio workouts and also abdominal muscle muscles-success (aug 4, 2012)209 pounds, currently 32 extra pounds less now, however tougher in most physical happy wheels workouts.