Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
Julie L's I Saw Her Standing There...

I'm so happy, dear Julie, to have you on board as well! I'll upload the other chapters asap. Promise!

Here's my comment on your latest installment:

"Tulips were sprouting everywhere..."

I feel very much at home in Longbourn, dear, as you can well imagine ;)

The song!! I can't get it out of my head anymore, thank you very much...

So funny, whenever I read a new chapter of your lovely story, my youth comes back to me in all its force, the music, the clothes, the pimples...

even certain smells... In 1964 I was 12 years old and collecting and swapping Beatles pictures you got with a certain brand of chewing gum. My favourite was George Harrison, I thought him as handsome then as I find ODB gorgeous now...

Anyway, as always I enjoyed your new installment immensely. Charles's and Jane's reunion was so poignant. I can see the mascara running! Wow, my elder sisters used a lot in those days, so it isn't hard to imagine how Jane must have looked like!

Oh Julie, I can't wait for the positive developments between Lizzy and Darcy... She is so genuinely happy for her sister, but so wishes things would have turned out differently for herself. Poor thing.

Thank you, luv, post soon again!
Renée

Re: Julie L's I Saw Her Standing There...

Thanks Renee. I'm honored to have a place at your lovely site. Regarding the Beatles, I like George now too the best. Funny, back then John was always my favorite, but I've just been watching the movies "A Hard Day's Night" and "Help!" on DVD (research, you know) and I must admit -- those dark brooding good looks of George's are so Darcy-esque! I haven't been able to take my eyes off him whenever he's in a scene. I highly recommend these movies for a second look at the Beatles, they are really fun to watch now!

Julie

P.S. I remember those bubble gum cards too, they had scenes from Help! on them as I remember.

Hey, Julie, maybe I can rent them at my video store. I'll enquire. I remember them so well! And I loved GH's chocolate brown eyes...

Glad to have you on board!

Renée

I just wanted to say congrats and welcome to Renee's site as an author!!! As you know, I enjoy your story immensely (and get sneak peaks because I'm a beta) so I'm rather pleased Renee has posted it here!

Tracey

Girls, I posted chapter 13 of Julie's great story. You'll find the link to it on the 'My Friends' Stories' page. Don't miss it and leave this wonderful woman a comment. I know she appreciates it! (Don't we all...? hee hee)

Julie, darling, I'll comment properly myself asap.

I'm very happy to have you here, but I think I've said that before.

Renée

Dearest Julie, your new chapter is entirely one of leisure, relaxation, recreation and... the best part of it: love is in the air !! So wonderful when there's no stress at all, when everything is so promising!
...And the acquaintance with Georgie was delightful. The discovery of the little golden heart in the sand a very sweet metaphor for being reacquainted unexpectedly with the love of her life, there on that island, where his home is. After all, it's very hard to find something that's been lost in the sand. Terrific!

Quote:
"They're tickets." He grabbed onto her shoulders enthusiastically
and looked her in the eye. "Don't you want to see the Beatles
at Shea Stadium?" [/quote]

I do I do I do want to see them...!!! Even better than a kiss... Ah well, that will happen soon enough. And I so agree with William: that lovers' lane is too cheap a spot for the first kiss. Please find a perfect location for that one, dear Julie!

Renée

Julie,

I tell you in e-mail how much I've enjoyed the last two chapters, but let me tell you here, too. I love them! I love Lizzy's triumphant expression in her stare down with Caroline, love that Jane and Charles are together and how you tied her meeting with Will into the song for their reunion chapter. I had wondered if you'd use She Loves You for Will and Lizzy, but it fit SO well here.

Next, what a nice, relaxing Pemberley-esque chapter. Georgie is a nice mix of sweet shyness and cunning -- just what Lizzy needs to help her realize how loving Will can really be. Love the golden eating the butter (gee, wonder where that came from? )

I can't wait to see what you do with the concert. Do you think Lizzy realizes her fortune? The Beatles at Shea Stadium. . .

Girls, chapter 14's posted! What a chapter...

Wow wow wow... Julie!!! I love each and every chapter but this one was so poignant! Her anxiety in the plane. William holding her hand to ease her nerves. Your description of the atmosphere in the stadium was amazing. The way William observed her during the concert. Her total fascination. I could so easily picture her singing the songs (the songs I know so well!). And the scene on the beach... OMG, it was so lovely, so sweet, so tender and so passionate... what a match. Darcy singing on the beach one of the greatest love songs The Beatles produced... *heartbeat* *faint* *sigh*

Thanks, luv, you did a great job.

Renée

Julie, your power of description is fantastic. I can see Lydia in that suite, agog at the poor man's discarded clothes, his boots, and then looking at the door when she hears him. She's rather a determined little thing, though. For once I'm happy to see it; it got her away from Wickham, didn't it?

William spent $200 to get upstairs and all Lydia had to do was kick George Wickham -- crafty girl that!

Poor Paul -- can you just imagine the invasion of his privacy! Good thing Will was there to save the day for everyone, except Lydia.

Can't wait for the next chapter to see what you do with this crazed girl, determined young Galahad and his awaiting love!

Julie, I finally posted your new chapter! It isn't entirely my fault... you detained me yourself by spoiling me rotten in NYC, you wonderful hostess you!

I will read it tomorrow myself and comment whether you like it or not...

love
Renée

Good Lord, Julie, what a great fantastic chapter! Lydia so determined to meet her idol and indeed ending up in his room where Paul McCartney just left the shower... *faint* *heartbeat*

I can't help comparing her determination to meet an idol a little with ours recently... Admittedly, Lydia is so much more daring, but a bloody fool as well! Gee, Paul could have gotten into big trouble because of that stupid girl. How fortunate that for a man such as Will Darcy all doors open so easily.

What I liked about Lydia though, was the fact that she soon started to distrust Wickham.

And how great that it all happened in NYC! Actually I'm happy that I didn't read it before I left for the city. Now I can revel in all those fond memories and images.

Thank you, Julie, I just love this story.

Renée

Thanks Renee, it was a lot of fun writing the New York scenes and researching them in person too! Yes, I couldn't help notice a certain similarity between Lydia and a few certain authoresses (who will remain nameless) who would stop at nothing to meet "the man" of their dreams (DH's are not included -- LOL!)

Thanks again,

Julie

There's one major difference though with one of the authoresses who'd do anything to meet the guy and Lydia: the reputation of the famous actor would never be jeopardised because of a middle aged woman in his hotelroom... Although... maybe a headline like this isn't so favourable for an actor:
"Famous actor gets unexpected visit from his mother..."

You are so right, Renee!

Julie

Re: Julie L's I Saw Her Standing There...Chapter 16

Will’s voice continued quietly into the balmy August evening as his best friend listened. The chirping of the crickets kept them company under the moon into the late evening and early morning. The friends quietly laughed and reminisced and explored the possibilities of the future, side by side, with the two women -- sisters -- that had managed to capture their hearts.

Julie, this paragraph is so evocative and places me on that deck with them, listening to the crickets under the moon, laughing and talking. Sigh.

All in all quite a satisfying chapter, Will confesses all to a sceptical but accepting Mr. B, he finally gets to tell Caroline off -- in style -- and he buys a little sparkler at Tiffany's. But, but, but, but, Mrs. DeBourgh? At the Gardiners? How could you?

Grace!! You posted your comment before I posted the chapter

It's done now, and I'll comment asap, dear Julie!

bisous
Renée

I waited Renee! But I did post a response at DWG!

Julie, I loved this chapter. Mr Bennet is one of my favourite characters. I loved how he and Darcy were at cross purposed - he trying to joke, Darcy taking everything so seriously, and the results which could cause pain to no one but Mr B - knowing he was losing his daughter. But 3 years???????? Heaven forbid!

Caro finally got what she was asking for from Will - but somehow it wasn't what she wanted. LOL! But to go to Lady C - what an evil witch!

I just know Lizzy is going to rise to the occasion, though. bring on the next chapter!

Julie, what a wonderful discussion between Mr. Bennet and William. They will get along as father and son in law just fine!

Oh, that stupid, over-confident Caroline. That girl is so irritating but gives cause to so much fun as well. I really had to ROFL at this after her pathetic seduction attempt…

"On behalf of Elizabeth and
myself, this is sayonara baby!"

Yikes, Catherine De Bourgh!

"Tell me, once and for all, are you engaged to him?"

"No, I am not."

"And will you promise me never to enter into such an
engagement?"

I had hoped that this humiliation could have been avoided for Lizzy, but I’m sort of glad that Will is there and will hear what she’ll say… arghhhhh... in the next chapter…! I hate cliffhangers. So, post soon again, Julie, if you please!!

Thanks, hon, for another delightful chapter. The story is nearing its end, and that fact already makes me feel sad and melancholic… So, make the final chapter one that I can live on for a very long time!

Renée

"...Their love was stronger than ever -- nothing would ever come between them again..."

*sigh*

Dearest, loveliest Julie! Thank you so much for this enchanting happy ending. I know, another chapter will follow, but indeed nothing will come between them anymore. Give them an unforgettable wedding... for them, and for us.

Both proposals were delightful and I really had to LOL about Charles's efforts to make something special of it. Well, it was special all right... Twinkies as a pièce de résistance???? Good lord!!

Can't wait to read the epilogue, hon.

smooches
Renée

Julie, you are spoiling us! Two proposals in one chapter!!!!!!! I loved it when Charles fell into the pond. I could picture him looking so silly, a peice of duck weed hanging from one ear, and Jane giggling but thinking how totally sweet he was.

Both Elizabeth and Will disposed to Lady C nicely. And as usual she was of service. His proposal might not have been as he'd planned it either but it was hot!!!!!

Julie,

I've always loved your Jane -- a woman with good manners, elegance, and hutzpah all rolled into one. This was classic ISHST Jane Bennet and it was fantastic. Charles is lucky.

I also loved the Catherine confrontation. If she only knew that her nosy interference resulted in Will proposing that very day!!!! Well, she does love to be of use, after all. LOL

Very rewarding and romantic chapter. Thanks!

Grace

Look at this! I'm posting my comments on 17 before the last chapter is out!

Charles and Jane's proposal was brilliant! Such double entendres, Julie, you naughty little thing. I knew, of course, you wouldn't suddenly be turning the story into an R-rated romp, so I simply enjoyed your fun.

I did feel bad for Charles, but he is definitely marrying the right lady. She's so easy on his ego, so in love with him but somehow, she gets her point across that he should just get on with the proposal regardless of the circumstances. I do love your little trend of Bennet women who like their men wet.

I felt sooooooooooooooooo bad for Lizzy having to face Lady C in nothing but a bikini. You really know how to make a girl feel conspicuous, Julie! But I loved how she stood up to her and I LOVE how Will heard her and stood by her!!!! mush.gif (Although, poor guy, he was so distracted by Lizzy in her yellow bikini that I didn't know if he could concentrate on his aunt!)

I loved the impulsiveness of the proposal. It's true to your Will's character and how he's reacted to Elizabeth throughout the whole story. I thought it was so sweet and so appropriate as well that Elizabeth totally forgot about the ring on her finger until he reminded her!

And the song... well, I love that song and it's apropos as usual, Julie.

Now, I'm all caught up with comments. I'm off to edit your final chapter. *sniff, sniff*

I'll try not to keep everyone waiting too long.

Thank you for two endearing proposals!

Oh yes, please hurry Tracey, can't wait to read the epilogue!

Renée <-- wishing y'all a lovely new year's eve!

*sigh*, Julie three times *sigh*. Is this really over? Stupid rhetorical question... Yes, I’m afraid it is and I can’t help feeling somewhat melancholic about it.

I loved the wedding and particularly Mrs. Bennet’s fussing. Her thoughts about Andy Warhol’s Factory when conversing with Caroline cracked me up! J))) So typical, Caroline imposing on artists and calling them ‘great friends’. She’ll always be a terrible snob and nobody will ever change that. ;) ‘Very close’ to AW? This gay icon of the sixties? LOL Dream on girl, dream on…

And all those little references to P&P, mini-series or book, were delightful: “Smile, girls, smile…” hee hee The way Lizzy was dressed for the night, gave a sort of Regency, romantic feel to the situation which was very nice.

He stood expectantly, casually dressed in a pair of cotton pajama bottoms that hung loosely on is tall frame, his chest bare.

What an image!!!! *sigh*

And the song 'Here There, Everywhere…' So beautiful, so lyrical. I love to have that one in my head now. Every time you made such a propos choices.

The thing I admire so much in this last chapter (although you managed to do so in previous chapters as well), is that you managed in a most convincing way to express the greatest passion and love in a subdued sort of way. Very well done!

Julie, I’m quite sad that it’s over but you made my morning when I found the story in my mailbox!

Smooches
Renée

Julie,

Congratulations on finishing this story. It's a really impressive accomplishment, to stick to and finish a work of fiction of this length, especially always finding the perfect Beatles' song to go with each chapter. That's dedication!

A very well-deserved "dot", as they say.

Joanie

Julie,

I loved this story from start to finish. I'm not sure what I can say that hasn't been said, but your light and teasing touches truly made the story for me. That and your unerring knack of finding the most absolutely perfect song(s) for every chapter. I still chuckle when I hear "Money" and think of George with his fake Liverpudlian accent trying to pick up Lizzy and defaulting to Lydia! And, "She Loves You" now makes me think of Will and Jane having coffee together. I could go on and on!

Thank you for the privilege and honor of betaing and I'm incredilby awed and amazed (and jealous) of you for completing the story.

Grace

Julie ~ thank you, thank you, thank you ~ a wonderful conclusion to a very enjoyable story. Your Will was just great (let's face it - the reason I read P&P fanfic is to get more Darcy) and the songs were perfect. I hope you'll feel inspired to write a new story soon!

Dearest Julie, the revised edition of your story is now uploaded. I can't tell you how happy I am to have this brilliant story on Mrs. Darcy's Story Site and it was with the greatest pleasure that I read it again while uploading the chapters.

Again, congratulations on the completion of one of the most original stories in the Jane Austen fandom! I'm impressed.

Here's a little gift from me to you!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Renée

Although the link to Julie's story is on the My Friends' Stories Page, I think it's convenient to post it here as well: Julie's Story Page

Thanks Renee, it looks great, love the photo! *whispering* although the link of your home page isn't working! *blush*

Thanks again for offering my little story, I though it fitting to give Jane and Bingley a song of their own, I've become very fond of those two!

Julie

Hon, you're welcome and I fixed the link!

I though it fitting to give Jane and Bingley a song of their own, I've become very fond of those two!

Me too! Simon Wood and Rosamund Pike are far more appealing, IMNSHO, than the two in the mini-series. I particularly didn't like Susannah Harker as Jane. Tolerable, I suppose, but not handsome enough to tempt me... if I were Bingley. LOLOL

Yes, I so agree, I like the movie's J&B so much more! In fact, the proposal scene really gave me tears when he got on bended knee and she said "Yes, a thousand times yes!" (although I really disliked the ass line - so inappropriate!) I got the same thrill in that scene as I did when I was writing my C&J's reunion at the commencement ceremony. I really like them! :)

I got the same thrill in that scene as I did when I was writing my C&J's reunion at the commencement ceremony. I really like them!
Email http://ktleyed@comcast.net

You're C&J are definitely as poignant as the couple in the movie, Julie!

And boy, is she pretty our Rosamund! Such a special face. Plays the cello too, my fav instrument.

I have just read the story. It is such a nice thing to be able to read something at a sitting!Even more so when it is something as delighting as this beautiful story. She made me fall in love again , just like I was seventeen, and watching some one handsome come over to me and ask me dance.(though I did not dance to the beat of the Beatles, mind you) But it's been a good time since then anyway What I mean is this.The story is worth the while re reading and recomending.

Thank you Eli, I'm glad you enjoyed my story. It seems likes a million years ago since I wrote it, but I am glad it's still entertaining readers. Thanks again.

Well, it's about time you repeat your success. Is it only the Beatles you can think of? I mean, they are great and I just adored them in your story(Actually I cried while reading and listening, you really moved me)I am just spuring you on some new writing since you have such a talent.

Julie, I just read the first two chapters - what a delight! That's a very neat twist you gave the opening, E&D meeting for the first time at the dance, the chemistry just right, pulling Will to Lizzy, so entranced.

This sure brings back memories. I was 14 in 63-64 when the Beatles first became known in the US and spent my teen years listening to their music. BTW, I was never a Stones fan either.

The college scene you wrote of sounds much like mine in 1967. I wonder, do Lizzy and Jane have the same curfews we used to, 11 pm on weeknights, 1 am on weekends? And do they have to wear skirts to Sunday dinner in the dining hall?

I look forward to reading more. Will's got some 'splainin' to do.

(I finally put down the Outlander series for a while - whew.)

See?This was by far one of the best modern adaptations I have read so far. And I have read quite a lot.Darcy is so cool!
You must write one story perhaps in the eighties?

Thank you Laura and Eli for your kind words! Laura, you'll have your questions answered in a future chapter regarding curfew hours. I based their college on my own, and yes, we had parietals (sp?), but we had to be in by midnight on the weekends, 10 on the weekdays (and it was the 1980's!)

Eli, hmmm, you have an idea there about the 80's, though I have been thinking of writing a continuation (or vignette) about L&D married around 1970 when the Beatles break up, but haven't actually written anything. Not sure if I ever will, I have to wait for that crazy writing bug to hit me again! Thanks again!

I'm sending you inspiring vibes across the Big Blue right now, hon!
R~

Just finshed chapters 3 and 4. This is so much fun! What a trip down memory lane for me.

I loved the opening of chapter 3, Mrs. Bennet complaining about Lydia's music. I had a friend in high school, and his father got so fed up with the constant music, his father came up to his bedroom and threw the record player out the window.

Oh, and that Sunday night winter of 1964, when The Beatles were on Ed Sullivan. I was right there in front of the TV.

I'm really into the cars, the Rambler, the Mustang. I grew up in Detroit, and cars were soooo important. My father, like most people, worked for one of the big three, GM, and each fall when the new models came out was like a holiday for us. I would not have driven in a a Rambler to Korvette's, but perhaps in a Corvair. My mother had a black, sport model, with a stick shift. Very cool.

And I think the way you made Wickham a record salesman in Korvette's - that's just priceless.

I had completely forgotten about roses for late minutes.

You really did a fantastic job writing about Janes and Charles' first intimate kiss and ther reactions. That was beautiful, very moving.

On the front page of your story site here, the autographed album cover, is that yours? Tell us about it.

Finally, I just want to say how splendidly you have woven the music and lyrics with your story. I have enjoyed that aspect so much.

We leave for a short trip tomorrow, so I have to put off reading your story until next week. but I will be back.

Laura thanks! It's so fun to read your comments and it's makes me happy to see that my research paid off! LOL! I have a Corvair coming up! (my brother used to own one!) Guess who owns it? ;) That album cover is not mine, maybe it's Renee's?

Julie

God no, I'd be a rich womand if it were mine! I found the pic somewhere on the Internet.

Jules, Laura's enthusiasm is infectious, I think I'm going to re-read it.

Hello, Julie! I really liked your story! It´s so cute!!! And being a Beatlemaniac helps in this situation, of course !
I´m brazilian and I´d like to translate your fanfiction for my friends from the orkur community 'Orgulho e Preconceito - Fanfics'. I´m sure that they wil enjoy reading as much as I did.
Do you allow me to do that?

Anyway, thanks for the grat time I had reading it.

Jacqueline, I'm flattered you want to translate it for your Brazilian friends, go right ahead!

Thanks, glad you liked it! :D

Julie

Julie, I can send you an invitation for orkut, if you want it - actually I don´t know if you have an account there. anyway, I´ll send you the translation as I do it, so you can see how is your story in a foreing language - and trust me, Portuguese is awsome!

XXX

Jacqueline

Jacqueline, thanks, yes, I'd like to see how it winds up looking! I'm very curious how you're going to manage 1960's Jersey teenage slang from Lydia! LOL!

Julie

Julie, I´ve already translated the Prologue and the Chapter 1. How can I send them to you?

That's great! You can email me at the address when you click on my name - thanks!

I´m sorry Julie! I´ve had a few problems with my computer and the final tests at college,but I´m about to send the prologue and the chapters 1 and 2 as soon as possible.

1 2