Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Julie L's I Saw Her Standing There...

Yes, I so agree, I like the movie's J&B so much more! In fact, the proposal scene really gave me tears when he got on bended knee and she said "Yes, a thousand times yes!" (although I really disliked the ass line - so inappropriate!) I got the same thrill in that scene as I did when I was writing my C&J's reunion at the commencement ceremony. I really like them! :)

I got the same thrill in that scene as I did when I was writing my C&J's reunion at the commencement ceremony. I really like them!
Email http://ktleyed@comcast.net

You're C&J are definitely as poignant as the couple in the movie, Julie!

And boy, is she pretty our Rosamund! Such a special face. Plays the cello too, my fav instrument.

I have just read the story. It is such a nice thing to be able to read something at a sitting!Even more so when it is something as delighting as this beautiful story. She made me fall in love again , just like I was seventeen, and watching some one handsome come over to me and ask me dance.(though I did not dance to the beat of the Beatles, mind you) But it's been a good time since then anyway What I mean is this.The story is worth the while re reading and recomending.

Thank you Eli, I'm glad you enjoyed my story. It seems likes a million years ago since I wrote it, but I am glad it's still entertaining readers. Thanks again.

Well, it's about time you repeat your success. Is it only the Beatles you can think of? I mean, they are great and I just adored them in your story(Actually I cried while reading and listening, you really moved me)I am just spuring you on some new writing since you have such a talent.

Julie, I just read the first two chapters - what a delight! That's a very neat twist you gave the opening, E&D meeting for the first time at the dance, the chemistry just right, pulling Will to Lizzy, so entranced.

This sure brings back memories. I was 14 in 63-64 when the Beatles first became known in the US and spent my teen years listening to their music. BTW, I was never a Stones fan either.

The college scene you wrote of sounds much like mine in 1967. I wonder, do Lizzy and Jane have the same curfews we used to, 11 pm on weeknights, 1 am on weekends? And do they have to wear skirts to Sunday dinner in the dining hall?

I look forward to reading more. Will's got some 'splainin' to do.

(I finally put down the Outlander series for a while - whew.)

See?This was by far one of the best modern adaptations I have read so far. And I have read quite a lot.Darcy is so cool!
You must write one story perhaps in the eighties?

Thank you Laura and Eli for your kind words! Laura, you'll have your questions answered in a future chapter regarding curfew hours. I based their college on my own, and yes, we had parietals (sp?), but we had to be in by midnight on the weekends, 10 on the weekdays (and it was the 1980's!)

Eli, hmmm, you have an idea there about the 80's, though I have been thinking of writing a continuation (or vignette) about L&D married around 1970 when the Beatles break up, but haven't actually written anything. Not sure if I ever will, I have to wait for that crazy writing bug to hit me again! Thanks again!

I'm sending you inspiring vibes across the Big Blue right now, hon!
R~

Just finshed chapters 3 and 4. This is so much fun! What a trip down memory lane for me.

I loved the opening of chapter 3, Mrs. Bennet complaining about Lydia's music. I had a friend in high school, and his father got so fed up with the constant music, his father came up to his bedroom and threw the record player out the window.

Oh, and that Sunday night winter of 1964, when The Beatles were on Ed Sullivan. I was right there in front of the TV.

I'm really into the cars, the Rambler, the Mustang. I grew up in Detroit, and cars were soooo important. My father, like most people, worked for one of the big three, GM, and each fall when the new models came out was like a holiday for us. I would not have driven in a a Rambler to Korvette's, but perhaps in a Corvair. My mother had a black, sport model, with a stick shift. Very cool.

And I think the way you made Wickham a record salesman in Korvette's - that's just priceless.

I had completely forgotten about roses for late minutes.

You really did a fantastic job writing about Janes and Charles' first intimate kiss and ther reactions. That was beautiful, very moving.

On the front page of your story site here, the autographed album cover, is that yours? Tell us about it.

Finally, I just want to say how splendidly you have woven the music and lyrics with your story. I have enjoyed that aspect so much.

We leave for a short trip tomorrow, so I have to put off reading your story until next week. but I will be back.

Laura thanks! It's so fun to read your comments and it's makes me happy to see that my research paid off! LOL! I have a Corvair coming up! (my brother used to own one!) Guess who owns it? ;) That album cover is not mine, maybe it's Renee's?

Julie

God no, I'd be a rich womand if it were mine! I found the pic somewhere on the Internet.

Jules, Laura's enthusiasm is infectious, I think I'm going to re-read it.

Hello, Julie! I really liked your story! It´s so cute!!! And being a Beatlemaniac helps in this situation, of course !
I´m brazilian and I´d like to translate your fanfiction for my friends from the orkur community 'Orgulho e Preconceito - Fanfics'. I´m sure that they wil enjoy reading as much as I did.
Do you allow me to do that?

Anyway, thanks for the grat time I had reading it.

Jacqueline, I'm flattered you want to translate it for your Brazilian friends, go right ahead!

Thanks, glad you liked it! :D

Julie

Julie, I can send you an invitation for orkut, if you want it - actually I don´t know if you have an account there. anyway, I´ll send you the translation as I do it, so you can see how is your story in a foreing language - and trust me, Portuguese is awsome!

XXX

Jacqueline

Jacqueline, thanks, yes, I'd like to see how it winds up looking! I'm very curious how you're going to manage 1960's Jersey teenage slang from Lydia! LOL!

Julie

Julie, I´ve already translated the Prologue and the Chapter 1. How can I send them to you?

That's great! You can email me at the address when you click on my name - thanks!

I´m sorry Julie! I´ve had a few problems with my computer and the final tests at college,but I´m about to send the prologue and the chapters 1 and 2 as soon as possible.

Jacqueline, thanks, take your time, no rush! I'm not going anywhere! *giggle*

Julie

AWESOME

Dear Julie.
I just wanted to tell you I have re read your story for the third time and enjoyed it as much as the first time.I particularly loved the scene where Richard tells Darcy that he is going to take a chance on Elizabeth and he plays that beautiful song while playing billiards or pool, whatever he was playing I loved it!(I am such a fan of Richard Fitzwilliam)
Of course I loved the part where Richard is teasing and flirting with her while playing cricket. Awesome!
Thanks for it! This is definitely one of the best and most tender modern PP stories I have ever read!

Eli - such praise! Thank you, I'm glad you are still enjoying my little homage to the '60's. I happen to love that part playing pool too - one of my favorites to write!

Thanks again,

Julie

I love this story!!!! Just got around to reading it WHY??? I have no idea why I waited so long to finally get to it but I thought it so entertaining and enjoyable and just really lighthearted. Just the right amount of angst and the Beatles uhh... I wasn't around during their hey-day but I sure wish I had been. I grew up listening to them and knew every song you included in your story. Very, very nice story. Ever think about writing a sequel??? You know I would read it and I'm sure many others as well!

Jess, thank you. No plans for a sequel, but I have had a little plot bunny from time to time on a little outake of what "really happened that night" when Mr. Bennet found them, or a bit of a 1 or 2 chapter peek into the lives of Mr. and Mrs. Darcy in the late 60's/1970 coinciding with the break up of the Beatles. Someday, I'll write them, but for now, nothing, I'm afraid. Thanks again.

Julie

Dear Julie:
This is such an enjoyable story, the 60's Beatles
theme brings back so many memories. I shopped at
Korvettes (started by Korean veterans) and I remember
the bargains.
I love the way you give us the opportunity to listen
to the Beatles songs and how they fit perfectly into
the story I am up to chapter 10 and you have given me hours of entertainment, not only reading but listenng to some of my favorite Beatles tunes.
Very creative as well as excellent writing.
Thanks for using Darcy and Lizzy, literatures two
greatest lovers and the Beatles the world's greatest
band to bring back the time of my youth.

Sincerely,
Sue Corley
Florida

Sue, thank you for the heartfelt comment, and I'm glad you're enjoying it - read on! :D

Julie

Julie,

What a delightful story! I just read the whole thing in two sittings. I was about half way through before I decided to listen to the songs and this added so much to the experience that I went back to the beginning to listen to the songs that I had missed. For some strange reason, I wasn't drawn to this story right away and it is the last of the completed stories on the site that I have read. I am glad that I waited because needed a special treat and this was it. What great imagery and character development and what an enjoyable story. So nice to have both Jane's/Charles's and Lizzy's/Will's stories side-by-side. I am impressed with how tasteful the sexual references are without losing any of the passion or romance. Shows that it can be done. Thank you so much for the Beatles sampling -- I now have a new appreciation for them and realized anew how absolutely brilliant they were -- I will soon be acquiring some of their albums. Thanks, again. All in all, quite satisfying and lovely.

Donna, thanks for the wonderful comment - it's nice to know when someone enjoys my story, and hey, I've turned you on to the Beatles! I've been a fan of them forever, it seems, having two Beatlemaniac older sisters (a la my Lydia to some extent) the Beatles were always playing in our house! I was raised on them! Thanks again,

Julie

Re: Re: Julie L's I Saw Her Standing There...

Julie, my dear:

I finished translating your wounderful fic the week before. The girls asked me to put the chapters on our "communitary" e-mail, where we change Jane Austen´s stuff and many other things. I´m sending them to our e-mail and to yours, but if it doesn´t work (I tried to send them to you many times before), here is the e-mail and our password to get to it:

1) Go to yahoo.com.br
2) Go to the link e-mail
3) Write: livros_arquivos
4)Senha (password): 123456
5)There you´ll find a folder "Fan Fictions".

The chapters will be there.
The first one I´ll put is the Prologue, of course...

I hope you enjoy it, the girls absolutely loved you story, one of them is as as crazy for the Beatles as I am, and I turned 3 of them into Beatlmeaniacs - or Lydias...actually, this is the only fic where I think I could agree with her...

You rock girl!

Fabulous! I love the music accompanying the story - it really strengthens the mood and emotion. Thank you so much!

RachelP, thanks, glad to know you enjoyed it!

Julie

Loved the story and the musical journey that came along with it.. good job!

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Julie

A wonderful story about a wonderful period of time. I have re-read it many times over the last two years. Thank you for this gift!

Marina, thanks for the feedback, it's nice to hear after all these years - it was so long ago I wrote it - it brightened my day!