Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Author
Comment
Re: Tanya's Strange Bedfellows

Tell us what we need to say to get you to post again, Tanya. For example, I love the way you wrote the conversation between Darcy and Elizabeth in Chapter 30, where they are essentially having two conversations at once, missing each other's meaning and yet understanding each other perfectly. It's a marvel. I'm hooked into this story and want so to know where you will take these characters--of course, I suspect, to a happy ending, but of course, it's the "how" they get there that matters. Neither my own imagination or the fine speculations of my fellow readers here in this comment thread can assuage my hunger and thirst for your words and vision--and I can speak pretty confidently that I am not alone.

As the song says, ain't too proud to beg . . . if begging helps?

Lacy
Tell us what we need to say to get you to post again, Tanya.

As the song says, ain't too proud to beg . . . if begging helps?

Me neither! I'm begging,too! This is on my all-time favorites list and I want more!!!!

Sandy

Sandy, my dear, and all other fans out there... Chapter 31 is up. Enjoy! Don't forget your fan...

And the love affair continues, with Elizabeth and Darcy both at Pemberley--how different from the first time they were both there together. What a pleasure to witness their exploring of the accord between, their passion. . . And yet,

"Elizabeth, you still know nothing of love."

She glared at him, but said nothing, realizing that perhaps, he was not merely speaking of Lord Gregory.

Whatever does he mean? This is a mystery I hope you will explore in the next chapter now that the issue of Lady Catherine seems settled--loved those scenes--and the question of Wickham, while not really explained, also seems settled between them.

I read this chapter slowly, lingering on each word. It most definitely rose to the standard set by the rest of this most excellent story.

I sincerely, deeply love this story.

Yay! Another post from Tanya! I love this story so much and check almost daily for an update!

Wow! Things are really heating up between Lizzy and Darcy. *swoon* I was so glad to see her finally standing up for herself. I thought I would die when Lady Catherine didn't know what to say when Lizzy stood up to her and let her know just who was mistress of Pemberley! And the way Darcy shut her up was priceless!!

So, Wickham's name has come up...but I just know he isn't really dead...and I have this strange feeling that the ring is going to make a reappearance and it's not going to be good! And what's with Gregory and Caroline! Why is it that men can never see what is in front of them. Caroline will make him soooo miserable! And what does Darcy mean..."Elizabeth, you still know nothing of love."....what an enigmatic statement!

With all the loving going on, when will Lizzy begin to start the next generation of Darcy's? I sure hope it's soon! It's so good to see them finally working together. I still think there is a lot that needs to be talked out between them, but they have made such a great start.

I beg, humbly, for another post and soon. I just turned 60 and would so much enjoy being able to read the rest of this story while I can!

I have nothing but love and admiration for this story. It has long been a big favorite! It's like nothing else out there, and it such a moving and compelling tale.

Thank you so much Tanya and I sincerely hope that we don't have to wait months for another update! I'll send your muse all the good treats it wants!

Happy Writing!
Sandy

Oh, that was lovely. Then, finally, Wickham's name is mentioned in the end. I keep thinking "speak of the devil and in he walks"!!

Originally posted by Tricia:

Quote:
As wonderful as ever! Tanya, you're excellent in illustrating this fabulous couple. I can't have enough of it...Millions of thank!!!

Tanya that was beautiful and well worth the wait! I am so in love with this new intensely vulnerable Darcy. So much in love with his wife that it overwhelms him. I also like this more mature Elizabeth. Beginning to understand her husband and her willingness to now listen and talk to him. Loved the confrontation with Lady Catherine! Now wondering what is Lord G up to.
And what of Wickham? When will Darcy tell Lizzy the truth?

Hurry back with more!

I was so excited to see more! More passion! More love and I have a feeling - more angst coming! Soon please.

Tanya, I love, love, love the progress these two are making in their relationships. I'm, enjoying watching them build trust and get to know each other better. I'm also glad that they're starting to solve some the issues between them. However, I have a feeling that you still have a lot more in store for us. Wouldn't it be just like Wickham to make an appearance after everyone thinks he's dead. Another thing I'm extremely curious about is whether or not Darcy's secret past with Wickham will ever come out. I'll be perfectly happy either way, but I can't help but wonder. Thanks for another wonderful chapter! Thank you, Renee, for posting this story on your lovely site!

Sammy

Another chapter.Yippee! Thank you Tanya.

I loved how this chapter followed on directly after the ending of the last one, Lizzy and Darcy, shy with each other, nervous about their forthcoming 'assignation', especially Darcy's nervousness, this was so sweet, he being an experienced lover, and Lizzy not at all (apart from being with him).

I especially liked how we, the readers, were able to see inside Darcy's head, what he was thinking. His guilt about 'frolicking' with Lizzy while his father was still warm in his grave, his desperate need to help Lizzy enjoy their lovemaking.

So Lord Gregory is to marry Caroline. I always thought he had a 'tendre' for her. Whether it is love or that 'she will do', I don't know. Maybe he feels some guilt about the death of her brother happening at his estate ( it could have happened anywhere ).

Of course for Darcy and Elizabeth, the spectre of Valerie and the letter had to come up eventually. Darcy was honest with Lizzy, almost brutally so, in his explanation of the'event'.

And the making up afterwards.....................Wow!

But the business with Darcy and the courtesan is over and done with now, as well as other less significant events, Lizzy standing up to Lady Catherine, and Lizzy getting her own back on the gossip mongerers in Lampton!

But Darcy's cryptic remark about Lizzy not knowing what love is ( or something like that) meant, to me, that there are many forms of real love not just the blinding passionate sort.
And of course he may be feeling a little sensitive about this as he and Lizzy have yet to declare their love for each other, although it is obvious to everyone else!

But there is still Wickham........Is he dead?...I don't think so. But only you can tell us Tanya.

I also wonder whether the lovers, in their new found joy with each other, have forgotten Georgiana.

I hope Wickham doesn't find a way to get to her, assuming he is alive of course. She is so very young and vulnerable and maybe Darcy may have to carry out his threat to kill Wickham, not for Lizzie's honour but for Georgie's.

Please do not be too long in posting again Tanya.

lorena
You are such a great writer Tanya! I confess that I sectioned off the chapter and read it little by little over two days so that I could enjoy it more. I would actually sit and allow myself treats (reading little bits) during these past two days. Wonderful story, your best yet.

Lorena

What a pleasant surprise to find another chapter of this most intriguing story! Like Christmas in August.

Tanya this is a classic, and one of my very favorite stories in all of fandom! Thanks so much

There is excitement untold at finding another post to this wonderful story. I love, love, love.........this story. At last they have come together in truth and love.

I loved the way lizzy handled "the dragon"!! Good for her!! She truly is "the Mistress of Pemberley".

There will be more of this great story soon, I hope!!!

Great job, Tanya!!

Oh it was so great reading about their mutual love and consummation of their marriage finally. Well Darcy has gotten Lizzy to admit about her anger hopefully he will be able to reconcile his anguish regarding morning his father and loving and enjoying loving his wife. I also enjoyed Lizzy standing up to Lady Catherine

Tanya Thank you so much for the long new chapter.

Okay, I know I should be grateful for this chapter, which is wonderful, and I am very grateful. But already I want more.

Oh, the secrets that husbands and wives keep from each other--for the good of the beloved one, of course. In this case, Elizabeth cannot tell Darcy that it was Lord Gregory who clued her in that Miss Bingley had a tendre for Darcy. And now Lord Gregory turns around and marries the chit--ah, I mean Miss Bingley. It's no wonder Elizabeth assumes Lord Gregory is in it for the money.

By the way, was Bingley's estate--or the 100 thousand pounds he planned to use to buy property--divided equally among his sisters and his widow? Is that the way that would have worked? Or, does Caroline get an even bigger share? Either way, she probably does have a nice bit of change to attract a suitor. Was it money all these years that prompted Lord Gregory to be so often in Caroline's company, and even to accomodate her not-completely-appropriate (IMO) action of imposing herself upon him when he came to Mr. Darcy Senior's funeral? I am assuming that she did not get an explicit invitation from Darcy, who merely tolerated her because she had tagged along.

But, still, Darcy has a point when he implies that love is mysterious and not easily "known." Has Lord Gregory truly loved Caroline all these years? He always seemed kind to her. Darcy knows a thing or two about loving a woman for years before you tell her--and Darcy had more signs from Elizabeth, that he misread, than Lord Gregory is likely to have had from Caroline. Perhaps it is only now that Caroline has given up on Darcy that Lord Gregory has a chance.

Like those neighbor women who cannot fathom the depth of relationship between Darcy and Elizabeth and think Darcy a "saint" for allowing his prodigal wife to return -- Elizabeth is, perhaps, hasty to dismiss what might be between Lord Gregory and Caroline. The heart wants what the heart wants. And who knows what that is, except the individuals involved?

So, is it love or money prompting Lord Gregory? And, whether it is either, did Gregory protect Caroline when he recognized that it was her handwriting on the infamous note to Elizabeth about the visit to the courtesan? In fact, could Caroline have learned about Darcy's indiscretion from Lord Gregory, who might have spoken of it in an indiscreet moment of his own?

Also, what's up with Darcy's cryptic statement about Elizabeth knowing nothing of love -- does that mean he does not think Elizabeth loves him? -- because we know he loves her, although he has not said those words--at least not within the hearing of us readers. He did say "Come live with me and be my love. . ." but he was reciting poetry.

Does he think it's only a matter of his "tendency to grow on people -- and cats" that is keeping her around? Could he truly doubt that she loves him madly? Why, then, does he thinks she came back to him--certainly it was not shame over missing his father's final days. He must also know that physically attractive as he is, yet her feelings go deeper and wider than desire, however hot it burns?

And, what of Wickham--who I seriously doubt is dead, when there is still so much mischief he could create. What happened between him and Darcy? That Darcy could not tell his young wife?

I'm figuring that Darcy will not just up and 'fess it now--circumstances of some sort will force the information out, perhaps at the worst time possible? And, will Georgiana, who so far moves through this story like a quiet and inoffensive mouse, come in contact with Wickham in some way--something that might prompt Darcy to make good on his promise to kill the man. I know he was saying he would kill Wickham for touching Elizabeth--had that ever happened--but I'm betting Darcy would extend the promise to cover his sister.

After all, this story began with a brother being willing to fight a duel for his sister's honor. In that case, though, neither of them seemed to have their heart into killing each other. Let's hope Darcy's promise to kill Wickham doesn't happen if it leads to Darcy being jailed for committing murder--we want Darcy home in time for dinner with his beloved Elizabeth.

Tanya, thanks so much for the gorgeous,long, and steamy chapter! I loved all the happiness, the fun with Lady Catherine, the riding and everything. I wonder if Wickham is really dead but hope he is! Thanks again for the huge treat!

I love this story! Every update is sooo exciting! You are faced with the decision of reading it straight away because you just desperately want to know what happens or else savouring it. Tough call!

Really enjoyed this latest update! Was just the thing to procrastinate with while having a break from writing my honours paper!

Dear Tanya,
Thank you for continuing this wonderful story. At this stage of my life I don't have any time for anything but I somehow manage to check to see if you have updated your story weekly and yes yours is the only story I'm following. Your writting is wonderful and I enjoy trying to guess what will happen next. Even when I guess correctly your version is so much better than my imagination could ever be. You have a true gift and thank you for sharing it with us. Please update ASAP.

Wow! An update! Fantastic.

I very much enjoyed the switch to Darcy's POV.

I'm certain that Mr. Wickham will slither back into the story at some point, what with his history with Darcy being somewhat of a loaded rifle a la Chekov, but I'm enjoying their happiness in the meantime.

I think Gregory does love Caroline:

"Gregory nodded, smiling in clear relief. "I have no better friend than you, and it irks me to see you ruin your own happiness," he said quietly. "You are fortunate to have such happiness, too. Some of us have to scramble for your scraps, Darcy."

By Darcy's "scraps," I think he met Caroline.

I have been busy this summer-- and not made much time for my on-line reading... but when I checked in to see what might have been posted lately, what a great treat to find Chapt 31. Delicious! and as always, so well written. I would love this in book form. Even if the characters' names were all changed -- and it wasn't a D&E story -- this could stand on it's own. (That is supposed to be a compliment-- I hope it is accepted that way!) Love it! It's one of my all time favorites.

Lacy

"Elizabeth, you still know nothing of love."

She glared at him, but said nothing, realizing that perhaps, he was not merely speaking of Lord Gregory.

Whatever does he mean?

Elizabeth assumes that if Gregory knows Caroline Bingley is--or, was--in love with Darcy, that Gregory could then not love Caroline. But we don't always love the person who loves us--or, stop loving someone simply because he or she does not love back. How many people would take the person they love, even knowing the love is unrequited?

Darcy has struggled with this truth during his long separation from Elizabeth. Had he an inkling of how much she loved him, can we doubt he would gone back to her and begged her to return, Wickham or no? Well, maybe not immediately while Darcy was still in the fresh grip of anger, but once it cooled and he was left with his misery of missing Elizabeth desperately? But, he thought she didn't want him--sounds a bit like Bingley in canon, but Darcy wound himself in this quandary--with an assist from Elizabeth, who was in her own private hell.

And now, even when she is back and is everything accommodating in accepting and returning his attentions, he does not assume she loves him. Although he knows he loves her--the scene of him refraining from interrupting her play her music makes it abundantly clear he knows his own heart. But he doesn't know Elizabeth's.

What a nice surprise for them both to find it's MORE than having sworn life long fidelity AND greatly enjoying each other physically. That is a lot, but they really love each other, too. I wonder who will confess that emotion first?

Or, am I wrong? Does it really need to be said at this point?

What a wonderful surprise this update is! It's been quite awhile since i swinged by Mrs Darcy...very happy to see Tanya's update to this great story. I'm glad that the couple are opening up to each other now...hope they will not muddle up again and stick together to face whatever problems (Wickham??) coming their way. Look forward to the next instalment and thanks again for this great story, Tanya!

Tanya - thank you for this wonderful chapter - I'm so glad that you continue to work on this story - it is one of my favorites!

As for Darcy's comment about Eliz not knowing anything of love - I think it may have to do with the fact that you do not choose who you love no matter whether he/she loves you or someone else. Lord Gregory, for some reason, has chosen Caroline (maybe he is attracted to her or can't have the one he wants - Elizabeth?) and has decided to marry her.

I can't wait to see how Eliz/Darcy move forward.

Amy W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise
It was lovely to get caught up after months and months of absence. I was wondering whatever became of your story and then found it on Mrs. Darcy's site. Bravo! And how nice to find Lizzy and Will so happy together. And Jamie home and married. Lovely. Thank you.

I am ecstatic to find out another very satisfying,drool-worthy and deliriously HMS. The issues that hurt and bothered Darcy and E. brought out in the open and dealt with. Love D & E. progress not only as Master and Mistress of Pemberly but more importantly the progress between them as a married couple. Bravo Tanya this story will be a classic and my favorite. More please!!! I am curious to know if ever Darcy will confess to E. the very reason of their separation,that is whatever did Wickham did to Darcy.I have my own speculation but yours is the only one that matters Tanya and will finally put the nail in the coffin so-to-speak. Thanks a million for continuing this amazing story.

Thanks for the wonderful update! The wait is always worthy!
Darcy is so sweet, so charming... Oh my God
Can't wait for more... Kisses.

Tanya....

Isn't it about time for more of this wonderful story! I need my "Strange Bedfellows" fix!

Hope to hear from you soon!!

Sandy

Sandy C
Tanya....

Isn't it about time for more of this wonderful story! I need my "Strange Bedfellows" fix!

Hope to hear from you soon!!

Sandy

I would like to take up that drumbeat--it's time to hop into bed with Strange Bedfellows again.

Though I must admit--you left off at such a lovely point of accord between them that I almost fear the angst new chapters may bring--will Wickham rear his snakehead?

On a happier note, will D&E have a little DE? And will the two friends Bennet and Darcy be buds again now that -- well, you know, it really is all in the family.

Oh yes. Let D&E have a little DE.
I do so wish the story to carry on and to let it come to a good end.
I don't care so much about the other characters only want Darcy and Elizabeth to come to a good end soon.

I've been sick in bed for 2 days and treated myself with re-reading the whole wonderful story! From the beginning, with all the joy and pain and sweetness--I am in awe of such a wonderfully written story--all over again! Please update soon while I reread ASP!!

Thank you Tanya for sharing your gift!

Please Tanya bring this wonderful story out in book form.
It merits it and I certainly will buy it.

Tanya...with all of this holiday stress between Thanksgiving (the big turkey meal and all the guests and family, cleaning) and now getting ready for Christmas (cooking, family visiting, cleaning, etc.) I need some major relax time and I can think of nothing better than a new, long posting in "Strange Bedfellows"

Please, give us an early present and post soon!!

Lots of Hugs!
Sandy

Tanya, I don't know if you are susceptible to guilt trips, but let me try one. The one thing I would like most for the holidays is another installment of your fabulous story. And I'm dying.

Ok, not really.

And I shouldn't joke about something like that, but I really would love a new installment, and if I may put in a further request, something that doesn't end on a cliffhanger that will strangle me. But, really, I will take whatever you offer, cruel cliffhanger or no. Isn't it about time to find out what the deal is between Wickham and Darcy--can it be something so horrendous that it would come between Darcy and Elizabeth in their sublime connubial bliss? I cannot imagine that would happen, really, but I can imagine Wickham doing horrible things.

I bet your imagination is so much better than mine. Please, I'm begging--more!

Dear Tanya,

Since the guilt trips have not worked how about begging. I'm begging for one more chapter.
It is a very cold winter and we need to warm up with one or two chapters of your beautiful story.

Please Tanya, another chapter. I am snowed in up here in the north and I need something to make life bearable. Your story could just do that.

fde
Dear Tanya,

Since the guilt trips have not worked how about begging. I'm begging for one more chapter.
It is a very cold winter and we need to warm up with one or two chapters of your beautiful story.

DITTO, DITTO, DITTO! Pretty Please....with lots of chocolate and whipped cream and cherries on top!!!

PLEEEASE!

MORE! WE NEED IT! IT HAS BEEN SO LONG!

I'm begging for more, too!

I cannot believe i haven't read this story until now! I, who fancy myself quite knowledgeable of the good p&p ff out there! i'm quite ashamed! Tanya wour story is amazing, i love the way you build your characters and the intrigue... i'm surprised you don't do this for a living. it took me 5 days to get to chapter 31, but i really enjoyed it. it now ranks pretty high amongst my favorites. of course i too hope for a new chapter, but no presure...i know how troublesome the process can be...

New Year, New Post???
We miss you Tanya!

taryn
New Year, New Post???
We miss you Tanya!

Here you go, Taryn and all other Tanya's fans... Chapter 32 is up. Enjoy!

I can scarce believe my luck!

I was so happy to see a new chapter but then WICKHAM - this is his way of acting . Please post soon and don't separate L and D I think I couldn't bare that.
Thank you

Oh what a lovely looong chapter.
Except for the non reconciliation between B&D, everything was so beautiful, now the missing ring and the dastardly Wickham.
Please more soon Tanya, Irene

OMG Tanya has posted another chapter. What a fantastic surprise.

And what a gripping chapter it turned out to be.

Poor Lizzy! Trying desperately to get her brother and Jamie to be friends again. Quite naively really.

What a voice of mature strength Malvena is with her sensible words to Lizzie... and even Darcy seemed to think that the friendship would never get back to what it was.
But..............................................
What we all dreaded has happened......Jamie arrested for treason. Darcy's ring as evidence. And, I suspect, we all know who is guilty. But where is he? Will he accost Georgiana on her way back to Pemberley?

Malvena and Jamie know that the ring went missing before the massacre but surely the authorities will not take Malvena's word.

I think Jamie is in deep trouble and I do not know if even Darcy can save him. Or how

Brilliant brilliant chapter Tanya.

O.M.G. Tanya!! What a nail biter!! Will Malvina's young friend be able to testify that it was Wickham who handed over the map? Please, please tell us you won't keep us hanging here for long. Goodness...treason!!

A beautiful chapter in large part about the magnificent love that continues to grow between the young couple Darcy and Elizabeth--nice also to see the lovely state of marriage between Elizabeth's brother and his wife Malvina. Although the reticent Regency wife Elizabeth won't gossip with her sister about private moments with Darcy or ask about similar times Mal shares with Jamie, one of my favorite moments was this:

Oh, she thought, I know all about men who dote upon us.

So, I loved this chapter and thank you, Tanya, for it.

Now to this chapter's bombshell revelation, the reappearance of the snake, the very thing I feared. Wickham has set Jamie up, and Jamie faces death for treason. As if that were not bad enouogh, it will not end there. Jamie's family and all his connections will be tainted for generations. (Benedict Arnold even to this day is hardly a proud name in the U.S., and it would be a similar situation for the fictional James Bennet.)

I wonder how many chapters it will take for this to be resolved and how fast you will offer those chapters? I have no doubt or question at all but that they will be good.

Also, what of Georgiana? I am happy to know that the colonel accompanied her back to Pemberley. Often, I am opposed to matching very young girls with men twice their age, but it did work for Colonel Brandon and Marianne. Also, although they are cousins, Georgiana is such a sheltered and hothouse flower, perhaps only someone who knows her very well could ever tend her in the best way. So, is the colonel her intended?

I must say I was disturbed early on in the chapter with this line from Darcy as he reacted to Georgiana's reluctance to accompany the group to London for Caro's wedding:
"Georgie," Darcy said patiently. "There is no gain in always being proper."
I feared that was some foreshadowing of the reappearance of Wickham, but given he has already apparently wreaked havoc on Jamie, will he also threaten G in some way, too?

Again, thank you for this chapter. It came just as I had reread the previous one so often I knew it by heart!

I would thank you for the long wonderful update
but I'm mad that you did this to Jamie
I wonder where Wickham was, I knew things were too good to be true, I bet he did it, didn't he, mayhap he framed Jamie as well, as Jamie did not like him from the start. I hope one of the Tiger gang will be export to England to stand trial and testify and ensure that they mistaken Jamie.
Darcy & Bennet best-friendship no more, I don't think so, given that Jamie had the signet ring with him in India. I wonder when Jamie lost his ring anyway.

9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18