Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Wow, I didn't know that about Anna Chancellor...

And now Anna Chancellor (Caroline Bingley in the BBC 1995 mini-series), who is a direct descendant of Austen,...

Read more about the casting of Becoming Jane here

Renée <-- off to Berlin

Re: Wow, I didn't know that about Anna Chancellor...

Oh! Have fun, Renee'!! I haven't been to Germany in over 15 years. My brother lives there....I'm gonna have to scrape together the funds and go sometime and bring my husband along, too. He'd love it.

I have to say that I agree with Anna Chancellor, while I like Anne Hathaway in general, I don't think she's appropriate for this role. Too pretty and not British. I think a British actress should have been chosen for that role...but I will go see the movie, none the less.

Happy traveling!

Re: Wow, I didn't know that about Anna Chancellor...

Hi Rita!

I'm back, and boy did I have fun, apart from the very serious historical tour my daughter (a historian in the making) had prepared for us. Belonging to the first post-war generation and having lived through the cold war, I cannot tell you how impressed and moved I am with what I've seen. The trip was way too short.

About becoming Jane, I can't say I know Anne Hathaway but she's quite beautiful and Jane wasn't according to the pictures, although I thought there's no real evidence it's her.

R~