Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Matthew Macfadyen's new role in 'Death at a Funeral'

Heard about a new movie Matthew is filming. This article is from Reuters.

"Frank Oz Marches to 'Funeral'

By Borys Kit

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Stepford Wives" director Frank Oz will shoot "Death at a Funeral," a low-budget indie farce starring Matthew Macfadyen ("Pride & Prejudice"), Peter Dinklage ("The Station Agent") and Ewen Bremner ("Match Point").

The action follows a dysfunctional British family as they gather to mourn the passing of their patriarch. When a man threatens to expose the patriarch's secret unless he is paid a princely sum, his two mourning sons try to do everything to keep the secret from leaking to the guests, and what should be a heartfelt good-bye turns into a calamity.

Oz, whose credits also include "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" and "The Score," said in an interview that he has been wanting to work in the low-budget realm for some time, even if it has its own set of stresses.

"In the low-budget world, there is more pressure on speed but less pressure on the amount of money, meaning when you don't have enough money, you have to shoot faster," Oz said. "When you do have a lot of money, you don't have to shoot as fast, but the pressure is being responsible for the tremendous amount of money at your disposal."

The project will be distributed domestically through MGM.

The script was written by Dean Craig, who wrote "Caffeine," an upcoming comedy starring Breckin Meyer, Mena Suvari and Katherine Heigl.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter:"

Sounds like Matthew will be playing one of the sons. Should be very good. Matthew should strike the perfect balance of humor and pathos for this type of a story.

Re: Matthew Macfadyen's new role in 'Death at a Funeral'

I so like the idea that he participates in low-budget productions. He gets enough offers, but it seems he only takes on projects that are really appealing to him. So, I suppose this one must be interesting. Hope to get a chance to see it.

It reminds me a bit of the Danish movie "Festen" in which the birthday party of the patriarch goes well out of hand when one of the sons reveals certain atrocities about him. Thanks for posting this news, Rita!

Renée <-- curious

I forgot to mention that I think the title quite humorous.

Saw the movie and laughed out loud all through it. Must say M has grown a bit but not merely as an actor. Actually, it seems he has put some weight lately. Nevertheless, the movie is great fun and M does his Darcy/shy thing just as well as he did it when playing our proud hero.