Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
JA Regency Fanfiction Index - now online

Okay, everyone ... check it out! It's finally online ...

JA Regency Fanfiction Index

... for all of you to enjoy. Log in using the username MDSReader, and the password MrsDarcy - both case sensitive, no spaces. This is an adult-rated enabled password; sites restricting themselves to PG13 material will be receiving more limited passwords, but we're all adults here.

You'll notice that not every Regency story at the various fanfiction sites is in the index yet. We're still waiting for author permissions on a number of stories. If you're one of those authors not yet included, and would like to be, please let us know, either through the site's author checklist (a link is on the menu page) or through its suggestion box message system.

Be aware, however, that it's a new site, hosted on a new server, and although we've tested and tried to anticipate any difficulties, some run-in problems may arise. Feedback would be appreciated - please use my hotmail address for now, vcl_nrsanctum before the at symbol - until the proper e-mail addresses for the site are set up. Or use the site's built-in suggestion box message option.

Have fun exploring! This site was created for you, the readers and writers of Jane Austen fanfiction, to help you locate stories you remember, or just to find new sets of tales to read.

Re: JA Regency Fanfiction Index - now online

Victoria, I'm in awe, dear. You and your fantabulous assistants did a marvelous job. Congratulations to y'all!

I'm going to post the link immediately on the main pages of Mrs. Darcy's Story Site and I'll submit my other stories real soon. Love to be a part of it.

Renée

[icon: Julie L]

Well, I raved about this over on HG and I'll rave here as well! What an amazing gift you have given us, Victoria! Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated and a big 'Thank you' to all the authors who consented to have their work linked to your site.

I'm in fan fic heaven!

All I can say is WOW! and Thank You! This is really great and I've been dreaming of something like this for a while now, especially since DWG is sooooo big and it can be a bit difficult to find what you're looking for, not that I'm complaining, I love that place! About HG... anyone know if/when they'll be allowing new people to register? I've been trying for a while and I feel like I'm missing out

WOW - I too am in awe of someone's efforts - truly amazing work and what a valuable resource to all the people who have come to love this fan fiction!

Thanks to all involved.

what does the HG satnd for and howcome I can't access some stories when they haveHG next to them?

Hi Sophie, HG stands for The Hyacinth Gardens, but the site is down at the moment. It's expected to be re-opened next week.

For Sophie: I've disabled all the Hyacinth Gardens links in the JAFF Index for the time being - set them so that the story displays as having been consented to for listing, but the links themselves are non-functional. The old HG site to which they linked is gone - no point in having users click through to an "account is suspended" message. The new board, when it re-opens, is likely to have a different URL, so that all of these links will have to be adjusted, and they'll be re-activated then.

so that all of these links will have to be adjusted, and they'll be re-activated then.

My poor dear! What a job that must be. Or do you have some kind of generator...

There are over 200 HG story links included in the JAFF Index, so I have my fingers crossed that once the site is back up, the URLs will differ only in dropping the "invision" part, keeping the ID numbers the same. If so, it can all be set right very quickly with a couple of mySQL statements, or some other global-replace trick.

I wish I was so proficient as you are, Victoria!

Do you have any idea, when the HG will be up and running again?

I am among those who enjoyed the Hyacinth Gardens. Where can i access stories from that site. i have found some at "A happier alternative" but there are more, I am sure, anyone got an idea?

Karin, there's a backup board where some authors post their new instalments while awaiting the new site to be up and running again.

Here's the link

A couple of authors posting in the HG are featuring on Mrs. Darcy's as well: Abby B, Andie, Belén, Carol,
Carthia, Elena, Julie, Kim, Sophie, Tanya and Tracey.

I am happy to discover JA regency fanfiction index after some month of intensive reading (!) on your site !! I think I will spend more time with my pc than with real people now . Of course I will come back to see if you have new stories or new chapiters !!You belong to my favorite sites !!
thank you and sorry for possible mispellings coming from France !!!

Ohh very nice service!! Great Job!