Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New lay-out

Dear visitors,

You might have noticed that I've been a bit quiet lately. Well, for good reason: I've been working on a new lay-out for the main site and will upload it one of these days. I believe it's better organized and less sloppy. The authors' mini-sites remain the same for now, but I am thinking of improving a few older ones.

I hope you'll like it too and don't hesitate to tell me what you think.

R~

Re: New lay-out

Renée,
be honest: did you find a way to make your days last 48 hours? I'm deeply impressed!
you work, live and manage to do so much for the site, not to mention keep up with updates.
you must be the Dutch version of WonderWoman!
by the way: the new lay out looks great. neat and easy. excellent work.
complimenti!
ciao.paola.

It looks great - I like it!

I just appreciate all the work you put into putting a little bit of sunshine into our lives! Thanks for all your hard work!

Girls, it's so rewarding to know that you appreciate what I do. Thank you, thank you!

Lovely new digs, Renee! And I agree with Paola - you deserve the title of Dutch Wonder Woman. Thanks for all you do.

-Jan H

Wow -- I don't think I can adequately express my admiration for what you've done with the place. It's very nice -- and you managed to update as well -- and you've promised some of your own story soon...

You're amazing -- I agree with the WW reference completely.

TY, hon, but I must confess... I like doing this. No wonders, absolutely not, but boy, you have to work so meticulously. It's maddening sometimes!

Erm... about the subject of an Arranged Marriage...

Renée

I love the new lay out..........very easy to use and well layed out....Professional looking, easy reference....its great..well done

Looks very nice, Renee, and I like the buttons across the top. Lovely Brock drawing too!

joanie

Thanks, T and J! I think I'm getting there...

The illustrations are actually by Sue Harrison, after C.E. Brock and I scanned them from one of the many goodies (a large postcard) Laura bought for me at Chawton House. If only I could have been there while she was visiting it with her husband! He played the piano forte over there. How lovely that must have sounded. *sigh*

Renee, what a wonderful job. Looks great and is easy to navigate.

Thanks for all the hard work!

i love the layout!
i particularly like the colorschemes!

Beautiful, Renee! Thank you so much for all the work you do that gives us so much pleasure!

Girls, I'm so happy you like it! And, indeed, it is easier to navigate, right? When I started building the site in 2004, it was actually meant for my own stories, I had this idea of creating my personal mini-library in cyberspace. At the time, I definitely had no idea it would grow into the site it's now and that the site would have so many visits from all over the world each day (an average of more than 1,200!). I can't think of a better inducement to keep it up!

Hi Renée!
The changes to your site are lovely, simply lovely! Yes, your changes make it easier to navigate to the various pages.

Good job!

Cheers,
Julia B

Hi Julia , Glad you like it, thanks!

Renée,

I kept meaning to mention how much I love the new look. It is easier to navigate and I appreciate all the work you've put into it!

Thanks,
Tracey

Thank you so much, dear Tracey.

I think it's great fun to keep on improving it and I think the authors and all those enthusiastic visitors deserve it.

Greetings Renee:
This is may favorite multi-author JA Fanction resource. It is very well organized and I have to say...pretty. The "what's new" page and the chapter text quotes are great too. This really helps me keep track of where I left off reading the "works in progress". I wish all the other JA/P&P fan-fiction websites were similar. The only recommendation I would make would be to add the posting dates to the individual WIP chapter sites but only if this can done without interfering with your work on the next chapter of AVIT.

Thanks,
Middlebunny

The only recommendation I would make would be to add the posting dates to the individual WIP chapter sites but only if this can done without interfering with your work on the next chapter of AVIT.

Thanks, dear Middlebunny I'm very happy you like it so much! About the dates: it wouldn't be such a big deal as such, but work all the same! I think I understand why you suggest it: You would want to know what to expect, right? To see, whether an author finishes chapters within a reasonable span of time in between?

I'll think about it, but for the time being, I think I'll stick to the announcements in the newsletter, news page and message forum. Particularly in the latter you can always retrieve those dates.

Renée