Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Laura N's report on Chawton, Jane Austen's home

Laura N recently returned from a trip to London where she and her husband took the bus one sunny day to visit Chawton, Jane Austen's House. Read her enthusiastic report in the special features section

After her visit to London, I had the pleasure of Laura's company in The Hague where we spent some wonderful days together. From Chawton House she brought me several delightful objects such as a facsimile letter of Jane, note cards, postcards, and, on top of that, an interesting CD called 'An Innocent Diversion'. And diverting it is, containing descriptions of Jane, parts from her letters, songs and music included in Jane Austen's music books in a presentation for the Jane Austen Society in St. Andrew's Church, Clyton, 4th October 2003.

Objects to cherish always!

Re: Laura N's report on Chawton, Jane Austen's home

Dear Renee,

I am quite flattered to be included again on your special features page. The pleasure is all mine, and I hope your readers will enjoy it.

My, didn't we have a wonderful visit together? I will always cherish those memories.

LauraN

Re: Laura N's report on Chawton, Jane Austen's home

Dear Laura, I can only hope that many more pages will follow...

And, indeed, no object can beat a good memory, but they help remind you of those glorious days!