Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Author
Comment
Re: Elena's "Love Calls Twice"

i>Our triangles as I see them--and ultimately form a rectangle, are Elizabeth triangulated between Darcy and the colonel. And the other is that Fitzwilliam will be torn between Jane and Elizabeth

This is quite an entangled triarectangle!!SmileyCentral.comSmileyCentral.com

Unfortunately,yu will have to wait until Friday to disentangle it.

One minute I have sympathy for the Colonel and one minute I don't!

Theresa! Don't leave me this way! As long as you have lots of love and smugs who cares who loves who?I know, I know,... You are this crazy fan mad-about-Darcy. I can promise something. Neither Darcy, nor the colonel will die.But as regards love affairs...

Dear M,
Friday will be it...a week ...as usual.SmileyCentral.com You know this is quite a chain...First my beta has to have 5time to read abnd do the necessary corrections, then send it to me. I read, correct everything and then add the tags. Then I send it to Mrs DArcy...who might be busy , cause she is a full time workoholic adicted to ff.just as the rest of us...and pretty much busy most of the time only she is too kind to leave you hanging on the cliff for too long. You see, she just can't help loving us...SmileyCentral.com These are for her.

Hmm, I did leave Georgiana out of the equation, but the colonel appears not to have noticed her as a viable love interest yet...don't want to leave her out...do I hear a pentagon?

Now I feel like we are really getting somewhere. I no longer will be saying "oh no I can't look" when a new chapter is posted. (Of course, I eventually do).

I was wondering if there would be any brightly colored vegetables in this chapter. Apparently, Darcy isn't very thirsty this time. I think I'll always think of this as the "orange squash story." I can just see myself posting in a "what the name of the story" thread asking for the story with the orange squash.

Mmm Amy.
You underestimate Darcy's ardour, my dear...Fasten your belts...

A happy thought, Dana. A brainwave. A pentagone, indeed, most entangled , though. Like those Christmas stars they make nowadays with one piece of wire... Yes That is it.One never knows where it begins or where it finishes .

Eli, I will have to tell you that you are making this forum almost as interesting as your chapters!!! I know you love the Colonel BUT the Colonel cannot have Lizzy now that Darcy is free...you can not love the original story as you do (we all do) and let that happen...no matter how much you tease I will not believe it! Okay, please

I am having problems with access to the last posting,Nº 709. I have no idead who wrote or what wrote anything. I will see if this works

Can only say, click on 'last' and then scroll way down...

As I cannot open or read what you are saying here, I opened a new discussion in the main forum, so Whatever you want to say to me , please look for it and write to me there.Thanks.Eli

Everything fine now. Renee I have just read your suggestion You made me laugh!!!!

Indeed, it is! All this serious conversation has inspired me into adding some juicy parts to the original. It is all your fault!!
Today I was talking to a friend and she told me that the squash scene was very similar to her own wedding night when she saw her husband(first time she had ever seen any man as God created them) she had a similar reaction to Anne's. Her poor husband did not know whether to be proud or ashamed. In the end she reckons it was nothing out of the ordinary. It was all her own innocence.

chapter 20 is up, dear readers. Enjoy!

Ah..the long awaited Women in Black is finally here! Eli, you have done it again! Great chapter with some laughs in betw especially about the mouse and cat . Good old Ponsonby! I hope he will deliver the "cat" into Miss Bennet's room nonetheless. Darcy and Lizzy have to meet at the gazebo that night!

A bit miffed that Colonel actually had taken his liberty with Lizzy but i supposed now that he already got the message (though Lizzy didn't spell it out), i'm hoping he will just let her go without any fight. And Georgina! Already scheming about seduction, good on her!

Apologies for long rambling, slightly man and delirious post!

Oh Eli I know I have to make comment but I dont know quite what to say. One moment I believe I can throw away my moral concerns and cheer on Jane as she finds a bit of excitement out side her dull marriage (with anyone but Darcy of course). The next I am shocked and saddened by the behaviour of Darcy, Elizabeth and the Colonel, all of whom seem to have little concern but for their own pleasure. Perhaps it is only that I want to see Darcy and Elizabeth together and somehow I morally object to anything other (which I know makes no sense what so ever!)

I was also thinking how far away from Regency standards this all seems, and your argument that many novels from the era are full of this kind of bed hopping. (Dangerous Liaisons for example - or even its real title I forget I have only seen one of the films). Which made me agree with you, then I read the article that the wonderful Mrs Darcy linked to recently (thanks very much Renee I thought it was very interesting - well the beginning anyway towards the end it sounded like us arguing who should win Lizzy the Colonel or Darcy!) which said that the bed hopping was Georgian, and that the Regency was a huge backlash virtue guarded and a whole lot less of the bed hopping going on. Pride and Prejudice being a truly Regency novel. Some say JA is the defining regency novelist. So if you take that view. Elizabeth's exploits so far make her a very different person to Jane's heroine and the two men little more than rakes.

Its the let go and enjoy side fighting with the, but that’s just wrong side. I can give way for true love; I find it hard for indecision. The Colonel was unfair in using Lizzy's inexperienced passions against her. Darcy did not, he is the gentleman here and should win the spoils. Perhaps.

Then there is Miss D - where will she fit in, and where on earth did she learn to think like that. Not our sheltered little girl. Honestly Darcy has not improved in checking the company she keeps.

What of Jane, where will she get her kicks, and will anyone remain innocent - maybe I will change my mind. Can you not find a way of teaching Bingley a thing or two....please

Oh its all too confusing. I aught to be outraged, I am outraged their behaviour is dreadful, call me an old prude but I find it all deplorable and I hate to think of my favourite characters behaving in such a way.......but then. I am loving this story so much. Argh what are you doing to me Eli, im facing meltdown, by system cannot process such conflicting views.

Keep me away from this story......
Post more soon.....

Arrrrghhhhhh

This story is angsty, funny and sexy all at once. I LOVE it!!!

I really do feel bad for the Colonel and hope he gets over it, because he loves Lizzy too. I'm sure she's in emotional overload right now!!!

So sordid this tale!!! Now the servent sees Lizzy and the Colonel while playing cat & mouse-hilarious!! So many twists and turns. Georgiana is plotting to lower the necklines on her mourning gowns, Jane is a 'desperate housewife', Bingley bumbling with candles all while Anne is still in the house,- so,so entertaining!!!

Oh, boy, Eli! Just got done reading. Lots of great lines and another cliffhanger. How will Darcy find out and will she go to the gazebo. This is crazy nuts!

I will agree with you, LisaJ, you are an old prude! This is fan fiction and Eli is doing her best to make it different for us. I lurve it!!!

Oh, LisaJ, don't get me wrong, I lurve you too!!!

Lisa
My apologise to you my dear friend.
I will try to explain.
I am no writer. This is my first go at it...
I had no idea what Regency means and to tell you the truth I am finding out while on the way...
I am just latin.
Perhaps I am also a bit of a fluf myself...writing about what really happens in real life IS SO MUCH FUN...people do hop from bed to bed. I think I have already said that.
Actually, if any of us should write Regency PER SEI then none of our so called Regency stories should be rated R or even 13R.
I am glad you are having a good time. Let us look at it this way. It is an attempt to modern author writing about what might have happened down there in Regent times...

If you are scandalized with this, then you should not go on...you know not what awaits round the page.SmileyCentral.com

JT:
I am relieved you found it funny. Palying mouse cat seems to be Richard's favourite game...

But Darcy will soon go hunting. Let us see if he catches the right mouse...

Geo!!
I did not see your posting until later. Thank you, dearest. It is so much fun writing this story!! These characters are really crazy, aren't they...?

Kayak,
Don't be mad at Lisa. She meant no affront. She is merely torn between canon and fun!! Thanks for your nice comments.
I love all of you, too. You make my day a little brighter with your praise.
Thank you

Just one thing, lisa. If you read the interview, Mr Colin Firth gives to Bridget Jones(a fictional character of course, but the real interview did happen with the authoress of the book) he confesses he was given instructions to look "aroused" when meeting Miss Bennet at Netherfield gardens when she walked the three miles to see to her ill sister.Not very Regency instructios, are they? None of the actors who have played the role of Mr Darcy, Mr Knighleyor Mr Ferrars do look very Austenian either, cause, saved MR Wickham(who in the BBC series was anything but handsome), the rest of the heroes are seldom called handsome in the books.("Not so hansdsome , if not so rich...) So you see, canon is not always followed, and still, people doid not object much. So, since Adam made love to his own rib, men will be men...

I had thought that this story was very angsty but the last few chapters have proved it to be more like a Shakesperian comedy! Love it and can't wait to read more!

Eli, i think you are playing cat and mouse with us! I do like your Richard after all, he had no problems entering the game so to speak. Darcy is not up to par i'm afraid. Even if he catches the wrong mouse, he is not up to par. Perhaps he has been through a lot, perhaps his own nature defeats him. Couldn't he be a tat more aggressive with Elizabeth (emphasis on Elizabeth).

Lorena

P.S. Richard is breaking my heart
P.P.S. Finally Elizabeth is getting some action

Eli, I know you will expect this from me, Thank you, thank you, thank you, Darcy and Lizzy meet first!!! You have made me VERY happy....I have NOOOO sympathy for the Colonel, he is much too crafty than loyal and I know he is in love but it's not the "D&L love,” you must admit. Darcy is my man! But dear, I love love love your story, take any liberty you need to continue in your fashion as it is MOST ENJOYABLE! I read each chapter quickly at work, then print, and read more slowly at home....I love that Jane appears to support Lizzy and Darcy finding each other again....I believe she acknowledges their passion thus, feeling what's missing in hers. Let the Colonel have her or Georgie....glad she's growing too. Please don’t let confusion happen as to the names, Lizzy calls the Colonel "Richard" not Fitzwilliam....so please have her show up at the gazebo knowing who is who! I know we are all enjoying the twists but I CAN’T BEAR TO WAIT MUCH LONGER FOR D&L TO CONNECT LITERALLY..
AND I love the "cat/mouse" scenario, very funny...
I'm not sure I like Charles being so misplaced....he is a very sweet man.
AND Mrs. Darcy, thanks for a Thursady posting!

I hope there's a humerous scene somehow involving Anne's corpse.

Indeed, Laura. It is!!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU , THANK YOU.This is exactly my meaning, very much like in Twelfth Night when knowbody knows for sure who loves who!!!

Lorena.
You know not how much I cried while I wrote the words Colonel Fitzwilliam says to Lizzy when he proposes knowing he will be rejected...Actually,I took them from Mr Knighly's speech in Emma, only that I , of course, twisted them a bit.And then I had him say Darcy's words in the second proposal at PP. Isn't he beautiful?...

Theresa,
I understand your point perfectly well...Darcy is a great hero, is he not?
Jane is going to have some new intelligence on the topic soon,
Charles...Mmmmm I just do not like the fellow. He is a weak coward, always hiding behind Darcy, not much of a reader... did not fence... and I think that I pretty much left it clear that I do not like him...have I said that already?

I can promise more references to her being lying there next door in her ample mourning chamber while..Ooops. I think I have already said too much!

But I am thrilled Eli, I think you may be talking about D&L and just keep talking.............

Well, well, my dear Eli, I was just wondering what you are going to write about in all those twelwe remaining chapters, but now I have an idea... You wicked girl! I tought this chapter will bring the long awaited light at the end of the tunnel - but it became even darker than it was...

So my dear, please start with claning up this mess in your most enjoyable, wonderful, exciting story!!!!

It was a good chapter. I hope Colonel Fiztwilliam will bow out gracfully soon and will let Elizabeth and Darcy be happy. I know Elizabeth loves Colonel Fitzwilliam, but not as much as Darcy. I love that you gave Mr. Knightley 's words to Mr. Darcy! That is my favorite part of Emma. Seriously, I read those words over and over and when I watch one of the Emma movies (I have three of them)I play that part again and again.

Anyway back to your story, I hope Elizabeth and Darcy will meet and have some adult fun.

Susie Q from Texas

Hi Eli, i read the colonel's lines again and i must say i have totally fallen for him. I never thought it possible but i actually like him more than Darcy. You have succeeded in confusing me more than Elizabeth. He is a man of action, no fooling around for him (well some fooling around). Now you have more work cut out for you for i must fall in love with Darcy again and i don't think that is possible right now.

First of all, Eli, you deserve every kudo out there for writing a story that produces such strong reactions in all of us. Also, I only know one thing when I start reading a new chapter of this story, and that is that I will be surprised -- several times.

Even though I want to slap both Darcy, Lizzy and the Colonel for hurting each other so badly, I can see why you want to write them this way. I'm not a prude, but seriously! This is almost like Grey's Anatomy. (And that's a compliment coming from me! )

So yeah, I'm definitely hooked on this story.

I only ask one thing; please make the Colonel give Bingley some advice in regards to the bedroom-situation so that he can improve his marriage. Even though I like a fanfic-Jane with a spine, I feel really bad for her.

Eli,
You broke my heart with the Col, begging Lizzy not to tell him what he doesn't want to hear! I will say I was a little disappointed in Lizzy not holding him off since she had just seen Darcy and agreed to "see" him that night so to speak. I could expect this more from a Lizzy that has yet to see Darcy, but since she has already seen him, then I have a little problem with her allowing such liberties. Now I don't blame the Col. for at least trying.

Darcy is finally getting some joy in his life and I want to see him truly happy! I hope you can promise us that Eli! I just have a feeling dear, that you are going to make it much, much darker before we start to see the light!

Great writing, Eli! You truly have a gift!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful story!

Brandy

Beleive Sheila. You have NO ideaSmileyCentral.com

Susie,
I am afraid Mr Darcy is a not going to have adult, real adult fun unless he is properly married, or properly seduced. Which would you like? Elizabeth is too hesitant, is she not?

Lorena.
I am very grateful for your boldness to confess your proper infatuation for a proper gentleman like my very aristocratic Fitzwilliam...I am heartbroken , and I am not sure I will ever recover from this. I so much want him to keep Elizabeth for himself...Like in one of Teg's stories"Colonel Fitzwilliam and Elizabeth do it all over Pemberley" I think it is called, where she ends up with both!!!
We will see what happens next... Be ready for something very, very, very shoking

Well Kreidy,
You can be reassured that Mrs Bingley will be "lectured" on C.P. I would not count with the colonel to be the "lecturer", though.
Bingley is a pain in the lower part of the back. I will not bother to teach him what he did not take the time to learn on his own. No, my friend. You will have to take up "His Brother's Keeper" if you want a nice Mr Bingley.LCT is like "Alice through the Mirror" Everything is upsidedown.Goodies are not so goodies and a bad boy will soon turn out to be not so bad after all... Austen Regency girls behave much in a Shakespearian manner...and I know not what more.SmileyCentral.com

I loved this little game of cat and mouse. Richard sure isn't low on charm, he could seduce the fur off a mink! Only the deepest feelings for Darcy could make her able to resist him.

Now, what will she think of the note that is signed "Fitzwilliam"? A bit of a comedy of errors in this chapter.

I confess Colonel Fitzwilliam is not entirely fictional, nor is Mr Darcy.
This situation is inspired in a true story. This girl was very much in love with this crazy guy who would always postpone marriage. Then she finally found another guy who was willing to marry her, was really handsome and wealthy. She loved them both. One was fun and naughty but reluctant to comit,. The other was serious, wealthy and...well you know. When the first learned she was getting married to the second he made up his mind to propose!!! The two men were good friends before this happened...Men will be men...So, not so farfetched , huh?

Brandy,
Since I am confident you will endure all the angst till the end, Regency or not, I can confidently say that you will indeed have to endure quite a lot of angst before your beloved Darcy is really, really , really happy as happy can be.Yet he will soon find an open window...you will see.
Sorry Brandy. I told this part as it happened in real life...in the true story I told you. This girl found it very difficult to break up wth his first fiancé...and she already had this understanding with her new one, who was her fianc's good friend...SmileyCentral.com

Richard sure isn't low on charm, he could seduce the fur off a mink!

I think you are getting the picture ... a pouncing cat..Poor mice!!SmileyCentral.com

Hey Eli,

Thanks for understanding me and not getting annoyed at my rambles. I certainly did not mean to cause offence, and did not want to make enemies from any of my fellow Eli fans.

Your writing is excellent, it is enjoyable and your story has got me hooked. My problem (which is my problem as I think you have realised) is that I cant decide if I'm a complete prude or an anything goes kind of girl!

In your exploration of the suppressed sides of these characters I like your estimation of Jane the best. Still waters run deep, are there any spare men going for her? So that she doesn’t have to pilfer one of her sister’s lovers, or even put up with the leftovers. She deserves better!

I cannot wait to see more of the cat and mouse chase! And little Miss D all grown up but perhaps still a bit naive could be hugely entertaining as she attempts to seduce the Colonel. I wonder if he will be convinced, or as an older brother figure irked. There could be romance or some really funny scenes as he tries to gently dissuade her while she refuses to get the message.

I can’t wait to find out which it is.

You’re real, if a bit cranky, and occasionally prudish fan. LisaJ

Lisa,
How could I? You stated your point very nicely and politely. One has a right to differ and say so as long as one does not hurt other's sensibilities.And you have certainly not hurt mine.
Oh yes, I agree with you...Jane is going to get pretty interesting you'll see. Georgina has a surprise not exactly under her sleeve...she is indeed growing up... superior breeding notwithstanding,Kitty's friendhip has been enlitghtening enough to have her grown up into a bit of a flirt...but, unlike her friend, she is still focus in true love.
Thank you for your fanship!!!

Eli, i can understand how much you suffered with the colonel, he certainly has me charmed and i will tell you why; he is going after what he wants aggressively. This is a trait i admire! As to sticking to cannon, i can see the wisdom of Mrs. Darcy, i think i have told you before that Pride and Prejudice is the Cinderella story and it has mythical proportions. Why do you think so many people are hooked on it? We do want these "ideals" reconciled at the end. I know you are having fun with this as is everyone else, but believe me this runs deeper than anyone understands.

SmileyCentral.comtly This is exactly why our poor colonel is doomed to failure and suffer the pain!Do you think he will ever forgive me? Or should I defy canon?

11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20