Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Author
Comment
Re: Elena's "Love Calls Twice"

Talking of lost causes....

I've been forced to cut down down on my fanfiction reading and replacing it with good honest work! Forgive me Eli but I decided to stop reading Love Calls Twice - I am an old prude afterall and cannot get on with my beloved characters behaving so unlike themselves. So when I had to cut down on the stories I follow, LCT was on the list.

But every week I find myself here reading all the commets you get, and keeping up with the story through them.

I conclude I really am a hopeless case. Its like giving up watching a soap then reading the stoyline in the television guide! It sounds like you are still doing your magic.

I have had an idea though, I think once your finished and I get to have a holiday I will down load the entire story and change all the names. That way I cannot get annoyed with Lizzy for not being the heroine on a pedisatll I expect her to be but can enjoy the story for itsef.

Keep up the good work, im missing my weekly read and post, I will no doubt comment when I have read the whole thing.

Goodbye for now and thanks for the story so far, though I have chickened out of reading it, I do admire your writing skill very much.

LisaJ

God I'm confused! Please tell me, did Lizzy sleep with Richard or not?!!!!! How much longer until this story is over and resolved? Every thursday I feel truly vexed!

Dearest LisaJ
That is very unfair Lisa.SmileyCentral.com I do love the praise you bestowed upon me,but the rewarding lays in your enjoying the reading. I can understand that you have quit the story if it disturbes you.( It puzzles me a little that you say you still like my writing style)I am sure there are many authors in the site that will suit your taste, for our hostess is always in search of great quality and takes a lot of care that the writers are seriously committed to their task. I am. (not a great author, but seriously committed) so I will keep posting it, if God permits it, on weekly terms. I cannot assure any body the story will be up to everyone's expectations, but at least, you know it will be there every Thursday.
Humbly at your feet.( Remember you will be always in my heart. And thank you for having supported LCT until now)SmileyCentral.com

Alicia,
I do not think I need to be so explicit in the recreation of a night of love! Let us put it this way. Be it as you choose! Imagination, your own creation!(although it is bluntly written on the paper)
So you are vexed? Well. That is an emotion, at least. SmileyCentral.com

woow

I have to say this is a story different from all the others. it's the first pride and prejudice - "soap" I've ever read it reminds me of "the bold and the beautiful" (even though I have never seen it Georgiana is very bold here and... well, they are all beautiful
when reading the last chapters, I had to think of a phrase from the film "six days, seven days" with Harrison Ford. the pilot of a small plane and his female passenger got stuck on a deserted island and fall in love with each other, in the meantime their boyfriend and girlfriend are left behind thinking they are dead, so they try to comfort one another and end up in bed . the boyfriend feels terrible about cheating on his girl, but the girlfriend says "it's natural. It's like after a funeral: everyone has sex!" the boyfriend replies "not everybody!" and the girlfriend reacts very surprised "..no?"

Poor Anne! her death has caused a snowball effect of love and lust, and it's wild and dangerous and sooooo not proper... but it's great fun to read!

I am still not sure about the night with Richard and Lizzy. I also think that Lizzy is not sure. Richard, at least, is now aware that Darcy and Lizzy are together and he has to go his own way. I feel sorry for Georgiana, I think all her efforts are going to be a lost cause. The best thing that Lizzy and Darcy could do is to go to Scotland, get married, and go to Pemberley.

If Richard and Jane get together, what will you do with poor Bingly? Even in the JA original I felt they were too sedate and not evenly matched. Bingly and Jane were just too, too sweet. Do you get my meaning?

I enjoy how you are interpreting their actions in your own way. I look forward to each posting.

Thank you

Oh! I remember that film very well. Did you know the girl in bed with the heroine's boyfriend is an Argentinian's actress? It was very funny!!

Thanks for taking time to tell me this. Soap opera? Mmmm OK like that. At least it is unconventional, isn't it?

Mo,
Oh yes, Mo. I completely get your meaning...I always remember Mrs Gardiner's appreciation of her nieces' felicity. She said that while Lizzy laughed, Jane "smiled". I think that so much beauty in a woman deserves a better man, don't you agree? What do you suggest I could do with sweet Bingley?

Hellllloooooo

OK, lovin' it....BIGTIME.....

It's about time that hunk of a hot burnin' man, Darcy, takes charge. Yeah baby! I know many of you view, in your mind, the characters from the BBC mini series but for me it's all about Matthew Macfadyen playin Mr. Darcy in my mind. Sigh.............. Oh well enough chatter about my schoolgirl like crushes here.

BRAVO, lovin' the story now as I almost headed out the door without looking back a few chapters ago...I am glad I didn't. I love this take charge Darcy. MMMMMM MMMMMMM YUM!

And just to give my input...NO, I would say that Richard and Lizzy did not make love....all the way...at least that is how I read it.

Keep it up darling Eli.....

I somehow knew that we were not meant to see our fair couple reach connubial bliss in this chapter, but it's so much fun waiting until they get there. Georgiana is quite determined, but she is coming off a bit immature in her efforts. Jane, now there's a real woman, with a real twit for a husband. I'm not in favor of infidelity, so what to do with Bingley?

ELI, read new chapter, loved it, you're writing is as always, well and entertaining...but I'm alittle nervous,
The ONLY way Richard will be happy is if he gets Lizzy AND SHE HAS TO BE DARCEY'S..please calm my nerves, tell me that's not so.....

m
There is an attentive reader. Thanks for your words m. Indeed, Darcy is in full charge now. Who will dare put himSmileyCentral.comSmileyCentral.comself in his way?

Dana,
I am not in favour of infidelity either, believe me, Dana...What to do with Bingley... let me see...SmileyCentral.comSmileyCentral.comSmileyCentral.com

Theresa,
Be sure...everything will be fine...SmileyCentral.com

Oooohhh Darcy!!! Now exactly how big was that bulge???
Poor Colonel how he suffers! I'm sure he'll end up great as far as ending with Georgiana? I don't think so unless she finds a way to get him to stop seeing her as a little girl and more like a woman. Bingley is such an idiot!!! Could Jane be the Colonel's salvation? What will happen to Bingley? WIll he be killed of or will he end up with Georgiana?

So many question! Thank You Eli, I really enjoyed this new chapter! Looking forward to more next week.

Oh, Eli, I see major angst coming our way when Darcy finds the note in his coat pocket breaking off the engagement with Richard...but addressed to "Fitzwilliam" if I remember correctly! He'll be devastated.

What to do with Bingley? Well, Jane should be able to give him a good lesson after the fun she had with Darcy. He's not too old a dog to learn a few new tricks. But please, keep Jane away from Richard...he'd definitely go for it but it would hurt Bingley terribly if he found out.

Thanks for keeping us on our toes!

Jess dear, thank you...well these things come in several sizes...but taking into consideration that said sizes might come in proportion with the size of the owner...Darcy is quite a large man, isn't he?SmileyCentral.com

MimiB
Welcome, lady. I believe this is your first comment, isn't it? Thank you for letting me know your views...Okay..Jane is falling madly in love, but Richard's heart is already engaged...he only finds in Jane the fantasy of being with Elizabeth..that is all. Hopefully, Jane will know better than getting involved in an adulterous relationship...but the heart is a treacherous thing...only its pull is so strong...Bingley is an idiot and he deserves the worst of fates..don't you think?

Oh Eli Even though it has always been Darcy and Lizzy I feel so sad SmileyCentral.com for Richard and I do beleive Lizzy still has some feelings for him, it is so sad for Richard but Darcy is so happy and is about to get the woman he has always loved. So many emotions . I have no doubt you will find someone very deserving of Richard. Again you did a great job SmileyCentral.com
Oh Eli I have been reading another story about Richard and Lizzy together before she meets Darcy it is a modern story "The Luxury Gap" set in Seattle, Washington and is also very good. If you haven't read it you ought to. Until next time SmileyCentral.com

Julia
Thanks for the tip. I will read it directly! I hope he does have her in this one, cuz my readers did not let me have him had her. It sounds like a riddle, doesn't it!
SmileyCentral.com
Thanks for your words. I am glad you like it. There is no healing Fitz's poor broken heart. No Georgiana or Jane for that matter...Elizabeth does love Darcy better, and he has to understand that.Darcy will marry her, and he will have to witness it...

By the way Julia. Where is it? The story I mean?

Eli

Well Wickham seems to have a mind for propriety even if Lydia doesn't. Probably because he is more frightened of what Darcy might do if he 'misbehaves'. This is very ironic given how much Darcy is misbehaving in this story!

I have to say that under the custom of the time, for Darcy to remarry within weeks of his wife's death would be just as scandalous for him & Lizzy as if he were to openly take her as his mistress. The only solution would be for them to live apart for six months. [He does know how to pleasure himself, doesn't he? Six months is nothing, given his responsibility to protect Lizzy's reputation. And why should he let himself be just as bad as Wickham?]

It's fortunate that Richard realizes the truth about Lizzy & Darcy. He's paying for his previous meddling in their relationship.

I'm curious what you will do with hapless Bingley. Perhaps Jane can pretend that she's received an instructional letter from Lydia, deciding to suggest changes in Bingley's standard operating procedure?

Whatever will happen next?

M

Margaret,
Thanks for your sincere comments.
Albeit a marriage after so short notice of one's wife's demise would be unlikely, England in the 17th and 18th century(indeed even today) was a man's world. So it would indeed be considered highly improper, even scandalous, for a widow to remarry before proper mourning. Some sources say 6 months full black and the wedding could be celebrated in half mourning. However, no source of my intelligence establishes a distinctive rule for men.My research tends to favour that, although it would not be seen with a friendly eye, a man in Darcy's situation and position could do almost anything he chose to do without offending society's sensibilities.His connections could even help him to afford a special license quicker than the regular gentleman( from a month to a mere fortnight)This, added to the pressure he was having to give his state an heir, and his own custom of having his way done directly,is why you will soon read of their getting married (within the 45 days of Anne's demise)Of course, it will be a very austere wedding.I did not choose to bother the audience with details of this type of weddings that I found in my research. One source even states that there have been reports of weddings where the bride wore black.In the land where a princess of only four was engaged to a prince of about thirty, or a princess of almost 70 was given as a bride to a lad, only to secure heritage and titles("The Three Edwards" a book I recommend )hardly everything could happen, don't you think.
And then again, although I took great care in describing the most accurate and feasible facts as regards both geography and history, this is hardly a treaty of factual material, Rather a fan fiction story so farfetched some people find impossible to bear read to the end!
Anyway, you must picture Darcy in full mourning during the wedding, while Elizabeth will wear white for she is not mourning anyone. Both Darcys and Fitzwilliams will wear black.
Thanks Margaret! Your thoughtful insight has afforded me the opportunity to explain all this.

Eli,
I too am enjoying your story and biting my nails at practically every corner that Elizabeth turns or every door that she opens. Could you please explain to me about the ring with the plait of hair. I've never heard of this and was curious. Thanks! Cindy

Cindy,
I gladly do it. It was a customary for a girl in love to gift her lover with a token like this(a lock of their hair). Gentlemen at that time wore rings, and to make a ring like this was not foreign to them, either with a plait of their mother's, sister's or lover's hair. There were also mourning rings, made with a plait of hair from the dead, and several other articles in the form of jewelery with mourning purposes.
Edward Ferrars, in Sense and Sensibility, wears a ring with a plait of hair stolen from the woman he loves, and this dialogue of LCT, was based in that extract.
Was your question answered?

Eli, did you find a picture of such a ring? Might be interesting for the knick-knacks page.

Eli;
I'm so happy...great chapter! I don't feel as sorry for Richard as I could simply because even tho he claims to be madly in love with Lizzie, that doesn't stop him from considering other liaisons, namely Jane. I think Lizzie feels something for him, but not the all consuming passionate love that she has for Darcy. Jane needs to take some instruction from her sisters on how to entice her man into action and Bingley...maybe he's not so hapless as we all think...maybe he just needs the right inspiration to unlease his hidden tiger?!?! Georgiana...she's part woman still part girl...who will teach her how to catch her man...and where does Wickham fit into all this? Very sly Eli...can't wait for the next chapter.

I do feel truly,madly,deeply sorry for him, and I cry every time I read their farewell (Which is coming in chapter 26)when she returns his ring.(I might be needing a shrink, cause it was me who wrote it, nonetheless I cry as if I were reading someone else's story)
Mr Wickham...mmm You know me ...I have always liked him...Jane is going to get to know something about love and amour soon...Bingley is a hopeless case. Thanks for your words! I love the feedback.

Renee,
I will try and get one. I remember I once read a story, which to me was more like a treatise about mourning customs, (the author really excelled at research, but included so many details that the thread was lost in them)in DGW. I believe this great researcher included his/her sources. Mine was Jane Austen , Sense and Sensiblity.I will let you know as soon as I find something.

Eli;
I just had a horrible thought! Darcy's not going to teach Jane about love & amour is he?!?! Does he find the letter and go to Jane for comfort? Does he go to Jane to get even? Help!

See Eli at Frances' comments, I'm not the only one who worries!

M!
Dear, dear, I am so relieved to find that you're with me on this one. MM is so smouldering, he has the force, as Darcy I mean. Would I like to ... Oh yes! Imagine Lizzy finding out what it is all about with such a Darcy, and keep waiting for him. Really looking forward to her share of bliss........

Cindy,
I have found the story that contains so much details about mourning customs. It is called "Dearly Beloved" and Jane dies after she got ill when going after Mr Bingley. It is very sad and full of angst. The details the author includes are very interesting for a researcher's eye, a bit too detailed for the ordinary reader. Here is a quotation

The next morning, after Mr. Jones had come to give Elizabeth his permission to leave her bed and carefully resume her normal activities, she went into her dressing room, curious to see what the packages held that her father had brought for her. She knew they were mourning jewelry, but she did not know what style they would be in.

The first package contained a beautiful gold and black enamel locket, with a lock of Jane's hair curled behind glass. On the enamel were the words "IN MEMORY OF," and on the back was the inscription "Jane Bennet, 26 Nov 1811." The locket opened from the bottom with enough room for a small piece of paper or other such relic to be placed, or perhaps more hair. On the front, between the glass covering the hair and the black enamel, was a circle of gold in a twisted pattern. And on the outside edge was gold stamped with 'O's all the way around it. There was a ring at the top that a chain could fit through. It was beautiful. Jane's golden hair set against the gold and black enamel of the locket made such a striking contrast. This was truly a treasure. Her father had done well.

The second package contained a ring. It had a round face with gold on white enamel worked to form a weeping willow tree traveling up the left side of the ring, over the top and down the right side. In the center was an urn in an oval shape. The main stem of the tree was made from pieces of Jane's hair. The whole face of the ring was covered in glass. The shank of the ring was engraved with, "Jane Bennet, 26 Nov 1811". The ring itself was made of gold. Elizabeth tried the ring on her right ring finger. It fit perfectly. While she was in deep mourning, she could not wear this jewelry, but she would be very glad for it when she could. She was very pleased to have pieces of Jane's hair, something of hers that would be lasting. Hair lasts forever.

I will go on looking for a picture of such jewells.

I found it! But I cannot show you directly I will send the pictures to Mrs Darcy...They are lovely...

I have thought over the question you ask about what to do with Bingley. I think I have an answer, and it is probably not the right one. I think he should have a talk with Darcy and then with Jane, then grow up. I think he is naive, immature and a lot dense. Maybe someone could give him a book or something.

I agree he is a sweet guy, and he cannot help the way he is. He is he result of his family.

Looking forward for your next post. Thank you. Mo

I see your point, Mo. Believe me. It is very dificult to get rid of a character.The problem is Bingley is already 29 years old, and he has been married for five years now. Men (contrary to women) usually grow better with time. But this guy simply does not. A vote for a good fall or a blazing fire. Then , woops! Jane is free. Belen suggested Jane should be schooled by the colonel (who seemed quite interested with the prospect)and then she in turn teach her husband.Then Fitzwilliam may marry Gergiana ...But I think I will save that for another story. What say you?

Is there going to be a posting this week?

Have I ever failed you?

No, No fire. Too painful and too long. Death by fire is very painful and smoke inhalation takes too long. All that coughing, hacking and gasping. If you are going to do away with him, make it quick.

Mo

Hellllllooooooooo
It's Thursday and I/we am/are waiting for the next chapter!!!!

WHAT IS UP GIRLFRIENDS!!?? LOL!!

Yes, It's quite obvious I can't wait............

KarinDarcy........HURRAY

.......I am soooo glad to hear there is another Matthew Macfadyen obsessor here amidst all the Colin Firth "lovas" (don't get me wrong CF's a hottie too)........LOL. So now we can openly obsess together. The man just kills me, I just can't deal with all the "yumminess" he exudes.....

Pant......pant..............thud!!!

NOW ELI, when are you going to post 25......cmon girly, we're dying here...... LOL, or should I be mercilessly whining to Renee?

Hi all;
I thought Renee was out of the country this week and wasn't going to post till she got back. Isn't that what the homepage said? I too am anxiously awaiting chapter 25. I also want to say that Matthew MacFayden is a cutie, but Colin is just simply delicious, and he gets better with age!!If only he and Jen Ehle would do something else together!

Oh yes! I completely forgot!! Mrs Darcy will not be here to post it!!! So I guess you will have to wait for Chapter 25 until Monday at most. SOOO sorry! How can I make it up for you?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

M!
JuMM-MM-MM-y's the word!

I deserve every bitter comment. Me and my pride!
What can I say? To make up for my mistake I will post two chapters in one starting from next week.(This chapter is already ready to be posted as a single)So you, dear readers will have no cause to repine.SmileyCentral.com

Two chapters per posting!!! What a treat!!! What exactly did we do to deserve this besides some begging and whinning!!!

Oh girls, you must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love Matthew Macfadyen. I love his handsome face and everything else that comes with it. Oh,oh,oh don't forget the beautiful blue eyes and the sexy voice!!! Oh, yea, the smile too !!!

Eli; I know I'm just being impatient, but when are we supposed to be seeing a new chapter? Do we have to wait till Thursday? I'm going into withdrawals...I know that your story is worth waiting for, but have some mercy...what happens next!!!Will there be a wedding and whose wedding will it be??? I am very vexed....

I am as impatient as you are Frances...Unfortunately this posting is untirely up to the dear lady who proofreads for me, who has been away on holidays(very much deserved)and is still recovering from them. She promised she would send the corrected chap asap.I guess tomorrow at most...
Thanks for your impatience...
Eli

Eli, here is the website for "The Luxury Gap" if you still need it...

http://pricklyprose.com/TLG/contents3.htm

16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25