Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Author
Comment
Re: Elena's "Love Calls Twice"

Eli;
Would you be impling that Richard is Valmont? Because if a duel is challenged, it does not always have to end with a death. And if Richard is Valmont, will it be Charles or Darcy who will issue the challenge? My money's on Charles...and even tho Jane is a somewhat neglected wife, if she has a problem with her husband's performance, she should take it up with her husband, not go looking somewheres else! Men are conceited & clueless, and if women don't make them aware that something is lacking, they'll just count their offspring,pat themselves on the back and congratulate themselves on a job well done. Oh, this is a twist of fate! But again, you may have written it completely different and this is only my sorry attempt to guess the fatal outcome! I can't help myself..I try to figure out every conceivable way that this story can play out and yet you always seem to surprise and amaze me!

Done!

Men are conceited & clueless, and if women don't make them aware that something is lacking, they'll just count their offspring,pat themselves on the back and congratulate themselves on a job well done.

Hahahaha. What a crude vision of men you have!!! Unfortunately , I must confess you have depicted a vast majority of the cruel race!

I suppose you will soon know how these two stories have affected mine! Good guess , though! I juast love it! And YOU gave a new idea, too!!

Lol, Eli and I thought you knew where it from, hihihi,
here I was wracking my brain to figgure which shakespeare play it was. luckily I figured it on my bus journey home, so I didn't lose sleep.

lol, I don't know any another quotes you embedded in there, but I meant the following:

"I wish your heart were independent, dear ma'am. That would be enough for me."

"My heart, indeed! What can you have to do with hearts? You men have none of you any hearts."

"If we have no heart, we have eyes; and they give us torment enough."

"Do they? I am sorry for it. I am sorry they find anything so disagreeable in me so as to torment you. I will look another way. I hope this pleases you."

Thereupon she halted and turned her back on him.

"Never more so, for the edge of a blooming cheek is still in view ? at once too much and too little."
[/i]

if however Colin firth said this in some film, you have to, have to absolutely must tell me the film!

anyway, you quoted Miss Austen herself, from Persuasion between Isabella Thorpe & Fredrick Tidley and Cartherine Morland was wittnessing the flirtations in one of the Ball Room.

41, I bow, me definately a young padawan. I love star wars too. I wonder if you read Miss Austen aside Pride & Prejudice. I hope this explains why I'm not too good at picking out quotes from literatures. Until I read fanfictions, I never realise 'the upmost force of passion' was even in Mr Darcy letter to Miss Bennet, and I'm sure I read that letter very throughly at least 10 times, and now it stick out like an ocean. But Mr Darcy speech 'proposal to Miss Bennet can not but be eched in me, and I'm sure everyone else too.

Anyway, 36 & 37? I knew it a million miles away, that like 3 weeks away if Renee posted them on wekkly basis. 3 weeks before the cherry pluck!

as I said you are to cruel.

I meant Northanger Abbey not Persuasion

Eli,
I'm sure Richard would appreciate your devotion to him and his flaws. I'm glad to see that we cannot sway you. Thanks! Cindy

Well done Hangnhu...I thought you meant the trivia I left you some chapters ago. No Shakespeare in this story

I can't take any more problems for poor Lizzy and Darcy. Let them get married and it all worked out for them at least.
Poor Georgiana, And Jane's a Tramp. lol

This is an amazing story. I just read it all in one day
and cannot wait for more! Thanks so much, Elena.

Geri...you know what they say...you lay the bed, now you must sleep on it. "As ye sow, so shall ye reap"

Lucy. Amazing!! How long did it take you? All in one day? Well, I can understand you. I did that with the second of Tanya's stories, and almost got a divorce! Thank you or letting me know you liked it so much, and hope the rest of the story enthrals you just as much.

Now i am very glad to hear that the wedding night is not so far away. I sure hope that you are not going to throw in some angst for the long suffering couple betw now and then, dear Eli! Georgina is so shrewd in her observation, I wonder what you have in store for her and what is she going to do with her new knowledge! And Jane! What is she getting into? Another great cliffhanger you got us there!

Chapter 32 is up, my dears. Enjoy! ...and don't forget a fan.

Hi Eli, i have not commented for a while for the simple reason that i am an angst phobic and a sucker for a happy ending etc. and so i wait until enough is posted so that i can quickly get through the pain and unto greener pastures so to speak (the bandaid approach)! I just wanted to tell you how much i enjoy your story and how these "deviations" from cannon have made the story more human and complex. I know that you have a sense of humor and a carefree attitude and yet......the story is not carefree at all, it is dealing with complex human emotions while retaining a sense of humor. I know you have mentioned that Richard is the hero here and reading your new story i can see a different Elizabeth emerging there etc. I guess our hero is digging himself into a deeper hole, poor thing! When you said you would re-write this story as it was meant to be, can you give any clues? I am full curious.

Lorena

Wow, this is an interesting turn-around. Lots of questions left unanswered with this chapter. Will Richard show up at the wedding? Will Jane and him be found out. Hmmm...seems to me they will somehow. Can't wait to see how this folds out.

Back to the wedding night and of course in full anticipation. I think I remember reading previously from you Eli that you plan on making it the most memorable of wedding nights. I certainly hope so and I hope that you make it as real as can be, considering Darcy's size. That is one reason why I love Tracey's story so much. Very realistic when it comes to that...ummmm.

Eli; you certainly do not disappoint! OMG, OMG! What a tangled web you've weaved. I don't know how Richard, Jane or Georgiana can recover from this but I have faith that whatever happens they will all get their just rewards. Darcy & Lizzy's situation seems mild compared to the events of this chapter! I ditto Lorena's comment...Will you re-write this story and what basic or major changes will you make? Thank you so much for posting early and please give us more!

Thanks everyone. he story as I imagined it in the early beginnings of my writing ff was very different. But if I tell you the difference I will spoil the angst, and THAT is sth I would never do.
YOU WILL HAVE TO READ IT AGAIN, IF YOU WANT TO KNOW!

Great chapter! But I can't help but feel that the story is about to end. I really enjoy this story and look forward to starting your new one as soon as this one is done.

Thanks Eli!

Oh Eli, That was a greet chapter, I cried for Richard and Jane when they finally loved together, it was so beautiful and then at the end of the chapter I was saddened wondering if they will ever be together again. This story is so good, hey by the way what happened to 2 chapters? You've been spoiling us here latley and I was really getting used to it.

You've been spoiling us here latley and I was really getting used to it

... My fault, I know, but I had just time in between duties to read this one, post it and announce it in an appropriate way on the what's new page.

I bet it's of little consolation, I didn't read 33 myself, even though Ihave it in my files already.

Hey Renee, That's OK The site is really looking great and with real good stories your doing a REAL GOOD JOB

So Renee, does that mean we may be receiving a posting of another chapter on the morrow?

I'm speechless! What a triangle Richard is in. How will Jane endure Charles now after having Richard. Poor Georgiana. Can't wait to read more. Thanks,Cindy

I'm sorry, but I just can't feel sorry for Richard or Jane. they both know exactly what they're doing and all for selfish reasons. And already Richard is in love with Jane, when only days ago he was going to pine away for Lizzy? Richard may be honorable and he may have loved Lizzy, but he's a flirt and a womanizer and he could have said NO. Jane is no better...she can't take the time to talk to her husband and make her marriage work yet she can flirt and throw herself at an almost perfect stranger? Has she thought of her children? This was no spur of the moment kind of thing..they both had time to back out and as simple-minded as Charles is, he still loves her and is faithful to her and my compassion will go to him and his children...Okay, I'll get off my soap box now...

I'm just wondering is it love or lust betw Colonel and Jane? Poor Georgina....after her confession and Colonel is running away but not before throwing rejection to her face! Now it's all a very tangled mess indeed!

Eli, that was a very good chapter. Jane just got her taste of real satisfaction and now it is being ripped away from her. Will she get the nerve to talk to her husband? Maybe he realizes what is missing in his and Jane's life. I hope your re-writing will not change this too much...I love it the way it is so far!

Is Jane still drinking her special tea? You know the special tea that prevents her from begetting.

I am happy that you have this story figured out, because I am sure I don't have the slightest idea what is going to happen in the future.

Your promise to make the wedding night memorable, sort of worries me a little bit with the promise of more angst. It may be memorable but not in the way we think.

You must have an amazing mind to write as you do.

Thank you

Richard may be honorable and he may have loved Lizzy, but he's a flirt and a womanizer and he could have said NO.

Richard is NOT in love with Jane. I have said that countless times already. Richard showed that only in chapter 31. Jane is merely an unsatisfied woman who crosses his path just when he needs sb to help him feel better,plus she reminds him a lot to Lizzy.

Jane is no better than any neglected woman. I dare not judge her.
The victim of course seems to be Mr Bingley. But he lay his own bed...But mind you.They will all have the right to love.
Fear not, ladies. For in this story, love calls twice for everyone. Can you guess whose love is next to call again, and whose door is it about to knock?

Wickham???

Indeed.

Is Jane still drinking her special tea?

Oops!

This story is so good, hey by the way what happened to 2 chapters?

Chapters were sent , but our hostess must certainly have good reasons to spoonfood you. After all, you might grow overindulged and might demand the same treatment from other authors. Then these might complain to the union and we authors might be obligated to go on strick. Hence you would not be having any chapter at all. See. Mrs Darcy knows better.

I wonder if she will have the nerve to tell her husband.

Would you?

Richard is being a frightened coward. He cut and ran! Poor Jane is going to miss his company. I don't feel sorry for Bingley, he is a dope. She married him and is paying the price for it. I refuse to judge her for adding a little spice to her life. Georgie is acting desperate and being annoying. She needs to see that her behavior is a huge turn-off to Richard. Hanging on him, pushing her chest in his face, it's pathetic!!
Let's get to work giving Darcy his heir and forget about these other lost fools.

Chapters were sent , but our hostess must certainly have good reasons to spoonfood you.

As said in my previous post, Mrs Darcy had a other reason than spoonfeeding...

As far as my Mr Darcy is concerned, he's very well informed, he admires and supports the work I do here while being a working woman, and he has even read some of the stories in the past. Even though he doesn't feel neglected so far, the only objection he has is that I spend way too much time in front of my PC!

So, apart from your enthusiasm, and your lovely presence on my site, he keeps me going as well.

Anyway, dear girls, I understand your impatience, and will oblige asap.

what happen to hero Richard
he no hero now, seducing someone wife, and not to mention you ex-fiancee sister!
what tangle web you weave Eli.

just to let you know that is if you haven't guess already I take no comford from that chapter at all

1. Richard plucked his cherry before my Darcy did
2. (this is partially your fault I'm sure) Renee only posted one chapter, when I was waiting for double bill
3. Gina is blind.
4. There wasn't even any Darcy /Lizzy moment, not that I'm no longer upset with them two
5. it way, way too short.

you know, I like it in the previous chapter when there was much more angst and vexation, this one is killing me silently someone, I don't get it.
maybe I prefer to be more reactive in an energetic sort of way. This just give me some nagging feelings and certainly does not brighten the day!

And I was so looking forward to it.

the only objection he has is that I spend way too much time in front of my PC!

Absolutely Mrs Darcy. Mr Darcy is worth while taking care of! I perfectly comprehend your feelings

Mr Darcy is worth while taking care of!

I'd be the last to deny that!

Here you go, dear fans... Chapter 33 has been posted for your and my enjoyment!

Thank you Mrs. Darcy!!! And thank dear Mr. Darcy as well...

Eli...I can feel the angst growing...so Wickham's turning over a new leaf huh? He's still married to Lydia, and if he gets a second chance at love, doesn't Lydia have to disappear? Can Wickham divorce her for having another man's child? The plot keeps getting thicker...I do feel sorry for Georgie but I dare ask, is Wickham her "second chance"? Oooh, I just felt a chill up my spine... but everyone has the ability to change, right Eli? You are wickedly clever!

Georgiana is scary. Now I can envision her as Glenn Close in her single-mindedness. Richard better hope she's not as determined, but he seems doomed.
Darcy's an idiot, though, for just laughing it off-- he does'nt have much respect for his sister, it seems, which is something of a travesty given his own disreputable behavior in this story. The Darcys will stop at nothing to get what they want.

One almost feels sorry for Wickham, who has grown into an honorable man. I suppose Lydia is his penance for his former sins.

Eli- you were sly in momentarily taunting your readers when Darcy asked Richard to look at the note--you knew we'd immediately think of the one Lizzy wrote to Richard! Naughty author!

Thanks for the quick updates, Eli & Renee!

OK,OK,OK. That letter almost totally sunk my stomach. Marry them already!!!

But I really really really like this Wickham. Can't wait to see what happens on that front.

Thanks Eli!

What an unexpected surprise! Well, dear ladies. You cannot complain now. I hope Mr Darcy will not feel neglected with all the attention our dear Mrs Darcy is giving us!

I am glad you enjoyed 33 too. The wedding is very close now...More Wickham and Lydia next time, and certainly more Jane - Richard - Georgiana...and of course...the wedding night that keeps you soo expectant.

Thanks Renee,and of course Eli, Poor Georgie, Jane and of course Richard, he is always looking out for the ladies. What a guy And what's up with Wickham? This story just keeps getting better. Love it Eli

That girl is persistent! I hope she will get over her feeling in a not-too-painful fashion. She deserves to really fall in love and not just give in to her infatuation. Jane or Charles--one of them is bound to be hurt next. I can't wait to find out. Thanks for the lovely new chapter!

I suppose you all have understood by now what Georgiana's true feelings are. Darcy is quite right about her, but she can be very persuasive. A girl who at the early age of fifteen is decided enough to plan an elopment cannot be shy but sly. Perhaps she was shy after the RA out of a feeling of guilt. But deep inside those still waters, ran a torrid river on its way to the sea. Who would that sea be, I wonder?

Hi Eli! I've started really reading LCT today (after a few false starts due to my computer having a few crashes here and there) and I'm hooked. I'm only up to Ch 10, but I'm in quite a state trying to figure out where this is going. Quite a bit of convoluted angst for me trying to figure what's going to happen. I've only read a few replies here from the first chapters and am afraid to read more in case of spoilers. I just wanted to let you know I'm enjoying it very much!

Wendy/Silvara7

Thanks Wendy, and hi! I got to know you at the gardens, you are both a keen and kind visitor of my thread there. I am happy to have you here as well. You must know LCT is already finished , not a WIP; only that my BETA is still proofreading. Generally it is posted on Thursday. But I see now that maybe our dear hostess will be posting twice, perhaps to match the name of the story. I usually send her four chapters together for her to post at her convenience.There are about 52 chapters so far you have read merely a %20 of the whole thing, although there are 33 chapters posted. It is my first and only finished story. I hope you can endure the angst. Many readers got off the saddle half way home, mind you. But I am sure they will read back as soon as they see that it is all posted.
Well, feel yourself at home. People here are all nice and genteel.

My pleaseure, Eli! I love your writing, hence me having a look over here. There are many lovely stories here on Mrs. D, but I hadn't been brave enough to read yours since I figured it was a wip.

People have jumped ship (stopped reading) half way through?? Oh my! What am I to do to get through the angst to come?? Maybe it's time to call for my salts...

What a stolen interlude in the orangerie!!!

I have not read the story, just the last 2 chapters, so I can't really make an intelligent commit, but I do like the story, and plan to go back and read from the beginning.

Thanks!

What a stolen interlude in the orangerie!!!

Ahh! The orangerie. A favourite of many, my dear. And yet there is so much more to come...as to leave you... mmmm in need of salts, so to speak.

People who are for keeping PP's canon found the story too out of it, which , in truth, I never said it would be. This was started , as many a time I have explained, out of my own vexation. I was vexed by authors having stories unfinished and so I sworn to write sth for me. But then , Belen P persuaded me into posting it. That is why I am determined , with Gad's blessing, to post weekly no matter what. I even posted while on holidays! Yes. I am crazy.
Also, I wanted Colonel Fitzwilliam to be my hero, for I have noticed that the poor guy , the minute he bedded Elizabeth was inevitably killed at war. I made up my mind to make the guy have the time of his life in my story and survive!

I do like the story, and plan to go back and read from the beginning.

Welcome Elaine! I am not sure I have met you. I guess you must come from the gardens,too.
Yes, you will definitely need to go back and read from the beginning, otherwise you will not understand the great is about to explote soon. Hope you find the story to your liking.
cheers
Eli

19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28