Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Author
Comment
Re: Elena's "Love Calls Twice"

I have just sent chapter 51 to Mrs Darcy. There will be three chapters more. I made two out of each one since each posting would have been too large, more than 5000 words!

And Mrs Darcy has just posted the new chapter. Enjoy, dear ladies and gents, but prepare yourself for some tumulteous arguing...

Mrs Darcy so longs for the happiness of all to return...

Oops, forgot the link for your convenience.

Eli,

Wonderful chapter!!!

Have her cake and eat it too moments:

"The presence of the colonel did a great deal in cheering her [Jane] up, to Elizabeth's vexation."

"You...you said you loved Jane," she stammered putting further distance between them.

He chuckled. "I do. I love her as much as you love me."

I always read back a chapter or two, I again cracked up when in the midst of a serious situation being discussed I came across your use of the term--idiotic cuckoo:

Darcy: "Only an idiotic cuckoo would stand such a situation."

I love your word choice/the phrases you put together.

STEVIEB

Enjoyed this chapter immensely. I'm glad Fitzwilliam and Elizabeth have finally had words. I'm surprised Darcy didn't walk up and here the whole thing. Of course, there's still the next chapter for Darcy to pop around the corner. Thanks for the new chapter and thanks, Renee, for posting.

Oh yeah, its finally hitting the fan!!!

Lizzy can't have it both ways...her vanity keeps getting the best of her, but I'm glad she realized that her heart does indeed belong to her husband...I hope there's a happy reunion coming soon.

Three more chapters to go and I'm beyond speculating what could possibly happen next!!

Great work as always Eli...this is going to be a long week!

Frances

Eli, you don't know how much I anticipated this chapter,I was counting down the days. Sunday I was in a party and all I can think of was to make a little escape to go to the computer.I was not able to we are just visitors there.
So happy to see chapter 51.There are so many great lines here that are said profoundly.So good. I was happy that the Col. able to verbalize these"do you believe your power over me great so as to render me incapable of falling in love with another?" and I was going to say this is good he's in control of his emotion-keep it in check but no, he faltered and finally admitted that he still love her.I love the exchange of words with R. & E. After reading the chapter I was wondering how could this end in 1 more chapter but you already answered my question. More chapters even better.You are very good at what you do Eli.Thank you again.
annj

Thank you girls. i am very happy you like it!!!
Lots of love for you all!!!!! Hopefully, there will be a midweek posting.
besos

Thank GAD! Some relief...I am with StevieB, I totally loved the line "I love her as much as you love me." That has to be your best line in the entire story, at least so far. It just clears up some many questions. I finally get it!!!

Thanks ELI! I will be thinkin of those words for the rest of the day.

OH I love it! I am amazed at how you leave your chapters! Cliffs.....I was so WOWED by this. I can't wait to read more. Good Luck!

Are they ever going to be happy? I trust you! looking foward to more excitment

SmileyCentral.comRoberta,What do you mean by...

Are they ever going to be happy?

Richard and Elizabeth?

Eli, Eli, Eli!!!!!!!
and I've just started my vacation with lots of time to enjoy and anticipate your chapters. You gave it a wonderful twist in the last installment, love is a bit about choice and will, (just as have been trying to tell my grown up sons9 there is always a moment when you chosse, Elisabeth did also. Let's hope she stays wise, and that darcy remembers who he once met in a bed... all to humble him a bit.

just checking if there's a mid-week surprise.
annj

Hello my dear friend! I am sooooo sorry for not writing sooner. It was our country's "Indepence Day" July 4th!
I mean Darcy & Elizabeth! I remember they were so happy with each other, now they misunderstand each other all the time, oh the agony

Let's see if there's the beginning of a rapproachment!

Chapter 52 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Sigh! finally the light at the end of the tunnel.By the time I finished reading this chapter I have tears in my eyes.I was anxiously anticipating the next chapter I don't know how many times I check the website.So the secrets of the past is revealed.Col. Fitzwilliams summation of Darcy's character couldn't be more right.However his loyalty is one of his strength & he always rise up to the occasion(given the right info.)as Fitz. witnessed. Of the WIP that Im following this story is the most anticipated because it is bittersweet. So many things have happened to our characters i just want them to be happy D & E F. & J.
Secondly,the story is ending and for some reason I am sad i'm starting to have withdrawals (I'm reading back the chapters while waiting for new posting).Thanks Eli! I must say I have enjoyed this ride despite the agony.I really admire your work.
annj

Well, that went much better than I expected.

What a ride! You've managed to twist & turn this story in so many directions I am all astonishment! I'm glad Lizzy & Fitzwilliam finally had it out...if there's going to be any kind or relationship between D&E and J&F they all have to clear the air...now its going to be Lizzy & Darcy who need to have it out.

This story has been such an adventure and I am truly grateful that you suffer our whims & wiles and share your gift with us!! I'm not looking forward to the end of LCT, but I will be happy to read the resolutions to all the issues at hand!

Frances

Oh thank goodness Darcy knows the truth about Col. Fitzwilliam and Jane, as well as him standing by the Colonel once he knew what was going on. I'm sorry Bingley and Jane won't end up together, but now I have high hopes that at least Darcy and Elizabeth will be OK.

Wow! Can't believe that it's been so many months that we have been following this story and now it's coming to an end soon! So glad that Darcy knew the truth finally and now our beloved couple will have a happy everafter ending , no more angst for them right, Eli??

Shame about Jane's marriage though, hope she'll find her true happiness with Colonel. As for Bingley, he's quite poor thing...hope he'll pick himself up and move on with life.

These last few chapters have been full of revelations with the misunderstandings gradually clearing up and oh, i love the brotherhood rapport betw Darcy & Colonel!

Eli, I caught up on LCT over the weekend, wow all the Colonel's pent-up emotions finally released, and how sad it was not only for him but for all involved. I will say it again, this story has been quite the ride after the last chapter I will definitely re-read the story from the beginning. Greet Work Eli

Hi Eli...

Just waiting for the second to the last chapter of one of the most memorable, angsty love stories of all fandom.....

Frances

Sorry Frances. My beta has arrived from her holidays and I just cannot put any more burden on her back. Beside i am stdying for my test. Updating in the week end.

Eli

Will wait till pigs fly if need be!
I'm not going anywhere!!

Frances

Flying colours, mates! I am soooooo proud of myself!!!!SmileyCentral.com
I got an eight in Advanced English language, which included a written narrative(psst) and a discussion of several issues, short stories, five novels and a play. I had to roleplay a character. The teacher was as happy as I was, and she even hugged me at the end. So now girls. I will dedicate the rest of the day to writing the last details of LCT. Oh, I am soo happy I could kiss Mr Collins.

Oh, I am soo happy I could kiss Mr Collins.

Sheer exaltation, m'dear!

I'm awfully proud of my lovely Argentinian friend. Congrats on your succes, love. I'm very much looking forward to your next installment.

Bravo Eli Bravo!

You have much to be proud of!

My sincerest congratulations and kindest regards to one of the best angst-inducing authors in all of fandom! You write so beautifully that it is hard not to be envious of you who can touch so many of us with your wit and talent!

Thank you for sharing your time and talent with us!

Frances

I'm glad you're happy, but don't kiss Mr. Collins! Ewww! Save 'em for Darcy. :)

I was only kiddin! I would never do such an outrageous thing!!Well, thank you all for your kind words. Chapter 53 is already in the good hands of our kind beta, who promised to have a look at it tomorrow. So you can expect the last chapter but for the epilogue of this long saga by Thursday as usual.
tata
Eli

Oh happy days I so love the saga! I know you have been trying to study, raise kids and enjoy your real life! Thank you from the bottom of my heart to hear more is coming, but the end is near I do love your other stories as well , but this one is special

Go, Darcy! I am very happy with him right now.

I am is such an awe for the end! I so would like to see your faces as you read the last chapter! Still, let me reasure you...there is an epilogue...

You got me so excited now Eli! Quick quick

Darlings, chapter 53 is up. Enjoy!

Loved it Eli! So the little cherub has indeed made up his mind already! Is her, Elizabeth Darcy junior? Or you have some tricks up in your sleeves??

oh your description of Lizzy's baby girl was hilarious! Look forward to your story continuation one last time

The description of the baby girl was hilarious indeed! ...and brought back a lot of happy memories. As a matter of fact my own daughter was quite hairy when a newborn and slept between us the first couple of months! I didn't know you knew me at the time, Eli.

As we say in Holland: ugly in diapers, beautiful in a wedding gown...

So Richard is still pining away. Thanks for the new chapter and for the one to come. It's funny that you described Darcy and Elizabeth's baby as you did. I agree with Renee and the ugly in diapers saying. Thanks again for your hard work. Cindy

Will the Darcys ever be rid of drama? It seems that Darcy & Lizzy overcame whatever obstacles were before them and are now quite happy..but you, our angst queen has to keep stirring the pot!! What is Richard thinking?? Does Lizzy give him any encouragement or can't he reconcile himself to loving the wife who loves him? Eli, you torture and tantalize us all at the same time.

Oh that was just great! The baby thing was just to funny! Can't wait to see what Richard is going to do! Good Luck and thank you for the chapter!

Oh Yeh Richard still can't get Lizzy off of his mind, what ever will become of him. Eli, I'm feeling a little melancholy with the end of LCT at hand it's been greet, yes as Frances said, you do like to torture and tantalize us at the same time. But... that is what has kept us coming back for more.
You know as the story has progressed Darcy has become less desireable to me as where Richard has become more so. Oh me Oh my we are going to miss this web you have weaved. Thanks Eli for a greet story.

julia42

Eli

The description of the Darcy baby was somewhat shocking--a monkey?? But, after all, what could one expect after all that Hot Monkey Sex???

(you have a wicked imagination!)

Cheers,
Margaret

The description of E & F baby is very funny,poor girl.What is Richard thinking? I would think that after a year and the birth of his son would wipe away whatever doubts he has and completely be in love with Jane. 'Till the end you always some something up your sleeve to wrack our brains.Hahah. Thanks Eli.
annj

So it seems many babies have been furry when they were born. So was my Julieta. So furry I thought it was some offspring of Wolverine. But she has grown into an exceedingly handsome young lady furry only where it is proper for a girl to be hairy, mind you!SmileyCentral.com

Elena Great chapter 53. I am a little confused in the last paragraph. If the family was all at Roesings and Darcy left on his horse North to see her: Who is her? I thought the whole family was a Rosings?

The family who is at Rosings (Kent) is Colonel Fitzwilliam's family (Jane, Bingley's kids and his own baby). Mr Darcy lives at Pemberley, Derbyshire with Elizabeth Darcy and Georgiana and ther baby. So the horserider that goes North is Fitzwilliam not Darcy. In my story nobody calls Mr Darcy: Fitzwilliam. Simply because I have never seen him being called like that neither on papaerback nor on movies. The name only appears in his signature when he writes the letter to Elizabeth at Rosings Park. Men in those days were commonly called by their surname, although not all the time.Surely he is called Darcy because there is no other Darcy with whom to confuse him. Richard is also called Fitzwilliam in the movie and the paperback novel. So when I say Fitzwilliam I am talking about the colonel not Mr Darcy.

Wait, wait, wait! We seemed to have skipped way ahead. Did Lizzy and Darcy ever actually talk about why he abandoned her? Did she tell him everything that happened between she and Richard? Did she really forgive him that easily for thinking the child she carried wasn't his? Was he contrite or arrogant about the whole thing? Did he ever even feel bad about what he did to her and ask for forgiveness? I have to say that I was rather angry at Darcy for abandoning his pregnant wife with barely a word. He really took the coward's way out. I was beginning to think that Richard may have been the better choice.

Kristin

Ditto. I have always thought that Fitzwilliam was a better choice. That is why I am writing "Nothing Between Us"

Are we talking about canon Darcy or Eli's Darcy? Canon Darcy recognized the error of his ways and changed for the better; whether or not Lizzy accepted him, he made changes to be a better person. Eli, we never got to read whether Darcy was repentent for believing and acting the way he did...your story skipped the intervening months between Darcy sending Lizzy home and now its over a year later and things are where they are...I think you left it to your readers to assume for ourselves how the couples reconciled their relationships. I have never understood why the Colonel is believed to be a better choice for Lizzy...but then again that's just my opinion...I understand the attraction to Richard, but in all the stories I've ever read and indeed in my own mind, Lizzy is attracted to Richard, but is passionate for Darcy. I would venture to guess that talented people like yourself thrive on breathing new life to an old story, or giving it a new twist...that's why we have the "what if" factor in fan fiction. I love reading the different nueances and interpretations that writers give to this beloved classic; but IMHO I find that P&P wouldn't be P&P if Lizzy did choose Richard...the characters are too much alike...their relationship wouldn't have the fairy tale factor where against all odds two very different, imperfect people find that they are indeed perfect for eachother. Eli, you know I love your stories, but I gotta say that IMHO there is no better pairing of couples than Darcy & Lizzy.

Yes Frances,
Again you are right. Thing is that the good-naughty colonel impersonate in James Purefoy has gone under my skin.I cannot help it.

In case not everybody checks out the what's new page...

My dears, I suffer from this well-known mélange of happiness and nostalgia... Elena's wonderful, wonderful "Love Calls Twice" has come to an end with an epilogue so poignant, so beautifully written that I smiled through my tears.

Thank you, lovely Elena, for gracing the site, not only with your talent, but also with your radiant personality.

Fortunately there are still two unfinished stories, but I'm already hungry for more of your writing skills and sheer umlimited imagination.

24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33