Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
burning our Bridgets...

Nice article about the Bridget jones phenomenon! As a product of the second feminist wave and being married at 19 (I know, this all sounds contradictory ) I'm not such a Bridget fan, at least not the person she represents. But I enjoyed the movies. That's for sure. Particularly the first one.

Burning our Bridgets
By Anita Quigley

October 11, 2006 12:00

"THE truth is that the intention behind Bridget Jones was nothing more than to earn me some cash and make people laugh," once said English author Helen Fielding.

Read the rest of the article here

Re: burning our Bridgets...

As a product of the second feminist wave and being married at 19

Really Renee. Make up your mind. Either one or the other! Anyway, I have just seen "Bridget Jones's Diary. They are showing it on TNT. Definitely she depictures many a (singleton) friend of mine!Still, I really think there is a lot more in remaining single. Here is to all those happy singletons out there!

Re: burning our Bridgets...

It sounds contradictory, doesn't it? But you know, I have a very liberated husband

I will never advise young people to get married that young though, I was just lucky to have found my Mr. Darcy at 18.