Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "His Brother's Keeper" by Ellen G

Oh what a masterful chapter, you handled all the details easily! I wondered how you'd prejudice Elizabeth against Darcy - uggh! I hate Caroline! I thought for sure you were going to say that Darcy was engaged to Anne via Mr. Collins.

Can't wait for more, poor Jane and Elizabeth (though Elizabeth will be angry too - Jane will just be sad :()

Great job!

Julie

Oh lord!!!! Ellen, your Caroline is obscenely cruel and crude. I can't even imagine how Darcy can be redeemed in Elizabeth's eyes since what Caroline said was in essence the truth but certainly not in the spirit of Darcy's delivery. He shall not even be able to defend himself.

I do hope that Darcy flays Caroline mercilessly when he finds out (hopefully soon) what she has done. She deserves the cut direct and to never be invited to his home again. I'm frightened to read the next chapter.

*Rita crawls under the couch with the dust bunnies and waits for the poop to hit the fan.*

Wow Wee! I loved this chapter. But I agree, Caroline may be "cruel and crude" however she did not really lie, did she?

Yes, when another chapter comes out, I will also be extremely nervous opening it.

Thanks for bringing out all of these emotions in me. I feel so ALIVE!!!

Oh that Caroline! Oh my goodness, how I wish she would truly get what she deserves! I was wondering what would slow this relationship down with no Wickham to poison Lizzy's mind, but I should have known that old Caroline would get involved! I just hope that Darcy can overcome this and get on to procreating with Lizzy! LOL Great story and can't wait for more!

Oh, Ellen, this chapter was really full of angst, but so masterfully done!

I like the way you chose to prejudice Lizzy against Darcy. What better way than using these two nasty characters? I also thought you were going to make Collins tell Lizzy about Darcy's assummed engagement to Anne, but there was no need of it. And Caroline was cruel and offensive as always, but at least she didn't pretend to be friends with Jane (ah, but she couldn't use Georgiana this time, ha!!)

Anyway, I hate Caroline and I hope Lizzy will show Darcy the letter or talk to him about it, especially because, with all her self-procclaimed good breeding and "city delicacy", she confessed that she is an anshamed eavesdropper!

I look forward the next chapter, and I'm really really curious to know how you will manage the proposal!

Please, post soon!!!

Oh My what a revelation. Darcy is such an a_ _. I don't like this guy, he's going to have a lot of sucking up for this blunder. And Collins what is up with his attitude? Ellen you have my attention, I really love this story and so many angust I can't wait to read more.

I am lovin' this story..it keeps getting better an better

oh, Ellen - what a mess !
Here it is 'the last man in the world'....

I prefer not to dwell on all what transpired on this chapter (I hated Caroline, Mr Collins and why not even Darcy for letting Caroline dealing with the 'good byes' Hmph !!)...

I would rather think that if this sentence is here, we won't have a Hunsford...:-)
Eternal optimist that I am - I rather find the positive side of every situation...

Oh, poor Mihaela! If the angst was weighing on you in Chapter 8, how ever will you make it through Chapter 9 (complete and soon to be posted)?

Ellen !
Are you set to frighten me ?...
I know that 'The worst could happen'... but within limits...
Are you going to make Darcy meeting someone ? (I have to admit that this is the situation I dread the most - that he is even thinking to look to someone else - all the rest I could manage... I think ?! )...)

Renée <--

J'ai comme l'impression que quelqu'un (hint, hint!) se moque de moi ... uh, Renee ?...

Et alors ? I admit gladly that I am single-minded (concerning D&E) and quite an angst-wimp...

So - chapter 9 is something I should run away from ? And then chapter 10 ? Do you mend quickly the situation ?... come on, tell me something.... both of you, heartless women ! I love you both, nonetheless...

J'ai comme l'impression que quelqu'un (hint, hint!) se moque de moi ... uh, Renee ?...

Juste un petit peu et très gentiment, mon amie!

I promise to post asap. It's indeed not fair that I've already read it and you haven't...

bisous
Renée

Cannot bear the thought of depriving you of an updated fanfiction weekend. So, here's a new instalment of HBK for you!... Chapter 9 is up, my treasures. ; ]

So will he give her a letter in the next chapter or will he meet her face to face.....ahem....and explain his actions? Will he challenge Caroline and Charles to a duel? I would love to see that. I can't really see them meeting at Hunsford, since Lady C is on the outs with Darcy. I am so anxious to see how you clear up this huge mess in the lives of your characters, and we will have to wait a whole seven days to find out what happens next. Thank you for a great story.

Wow, what is Mr. Darcy going to do now for an heir?

Well that told him!

I love it, go Lizzy, running off half cocked and insulting the arrogant snob. Its the only way he will learn!

I second Mo's idea.....please can we see Darcy challnage Miss Bingley to a dual, please .

Great chapter as always Ellen, you have my appreciation and my thanks.

Well, I can only imagine Darcy's shock and disappointment. That was a most unexpected response to his proposal. He has some serious, serious thinking to do.

I don't know how on earth you're going to bring those two back together but I absolutely cannot wait. I am absolutely adoring this story!

There we go for the letter !
I do so love letters (Renee, you know ?)...

What an imagination Darcy has - a vivid one! And here I was thinking that only ' A lady's imagination is rapid. It springs from admiration to love and from love to matrimony in a second"... )
If only Elizabeth would be privy of his thoughts as well - added to his kissing art....

Great Idea (capitla!capital!) Mo ! Have Caro in a duel !

Can't wait the next chapter, Ellen... am very curious how would you have him hand her the letter in this setting ?

Ellen G, I started to read this last chapter hoping to find Darcy offer his had with grace and dignity, but once again he has fumbled it up in spades. This man will never learn will he.
And with Georgiana it looks like her marriage is soon to be over I just hope she is not with child, especially Whicked Whickham's. Even though I sound a little ticked off I'm still enjoying your story. Keep it up.

I do so love letters (Renee, you know ?)...

Yes, I know, Mihaela, me too! I'm working on mine... hm... Darcy's I mean.

Well, he really put his foot in his mouth (in between kisses) by telling her how he had overcome his repugnance for her low connection - I don't blame her for being furious with him and telling him off, but I am surprised that he didn't say anything to her along the lines of "If you were so decidely against me from the start - why did you allow me to kiss you and why did you so obviously respond bakc - and like it?" I can't believe it didn't occur to him before he met her that she would be "put out" that he had just up and left without a by your leave after kissing her so passionately the night before. He had to know that that is something a gentleman just doesn't do with the daughter of a gentleman, no matter how inferior her other relations may be. He has a lot of thinking ahead to do, and I hope he'll realize, (especially after Elizabeth's words of "had you acted in a more gentlemanly manner) what a cad he really has acted like. Wonderful writing, and I'm eager for the next chapter - thanks!

Julie

Woah! Great chapter here! The running thoughts both Lizzy and Darcy had were splendid. I also love Darcy's imagination about his wedding night .

But the BEST thing is the proposal and confrontation scene. Darcy is so full of himself and now only to receive a kick in his butt for being not a gentleman. Well he has alot to learn to improve on his manners

Can't wait for the next chapter on the couple's fate and if Darcy will take action on Caroline, and if he can find a way to rescue Georgina

Ellen, this chapter was amazing!!

I am impressed at your ability to convey so much emotion, mush, hope and despair in one single chapter!!

Poor Lizzy!!! To know what she is rejecting (his kisses, his caresses, his passionate embraces) but knowing she has to reject him if she has a little self-respect and love for her sister! My heart bleeds for her!! I hope Darcy has to grovel before her to win her acceptance and affection.
But his imagination is great!! I was melting when I read his plans for the wedding night!! And the poor boy must be broken-hearted after all, right? Well, he deserves it!

I hope Caroline gets trashed by him and also by Bingley, and, speaking of duels... can Wickham have a hasty end, please, maybe at the hands of an angered creditor?

I love this story and eagerly await the next chapter(s)!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with all of us!!

Chapter 10 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Again I could not save reading this for any time!

"I hope you will consider it, Elizabeth. Mr. Darcy wishes to demonstrate to you that he can be sensible and amiable as well as foolish and arrogant. Do you not think you can find it within you give him another chance?"

I love it, how wonderful, and the twist of Miss Bingley writing the letter is great.

Loved the chapter, I do hope Elizabeth can go to London and see Darcy, he seems well on his way to winning that Lady's heart. All he will have to do then is find a way of protecting his poor sister.

Thank you.

What an original twist ! Miss Bingley to write THE letter...:-)
Indeed - very clever, Ellen !
And another unexpected one: Bingley playing mediator....

I like this mischievious side of Darcy - forcing Caroline to write the letter, letting Bingley to pass word on his unhapiness...

Can't wait for their encounter in London - must be a ballroom, no ?...

Thank you for a lovely chapter !

I loved your seductive Mr. Darcy, Ms. Bingley had no idea what was coming, finally she gets what she deserves! Loving this story, Ellen..

Please have mercy and post the following chapter soon!

Ellen
What a wonderful, imaginative, and dirty way to let Darcy do what he needs to do and to "use" Caroline to do it! WOW! I can't wait for more! One of the best letters ever! GREAT JOB!!!!!

Hi Ellen: I truly love what Darcy did to Miss Bingley! He really knew how to get back at her by first flirting with her etc., that was precious. Are we to see a courtship soon between Elizabeth and Darcy? and in London, oh my!

I would have never thought about Caroline writing that letter.

What a twist!!! I seriously cannot wait for the courtship. In London too, sign...

great great story can't wait for the next chapter. all I can say is wow.

Brilliant, Ellen! I was squirming in my seat as Darcy set up Caroline for her fall. How she could ever again raise her head in his presence I could not imagine. That he should force Caroline to pen the much needed letter was inspired! Bravo!

How fortunate for Lizzy that Charles was on his toes and attentive to her inquiries about Darcy. He couldn't have spoken more appropriate words to her to give Darcy a toe hold back into her good graces.

It is so hard to wait between chapters....I'm in agonies to know Darcy's reaction to Lizzy's renewed interest in him.

Sly Darcy! To begin with a flirtatious performance then bestowed punishment on the unsuspecting Caroline ...she deserved it!

Also the little things he has asked Bingley to help. The camaraderie and support betw the 2 friends is marvellous. It's funny when Bingley questioned "Did you not tell her how beautiful she is, how witty, how accomplished?" and "....you did tell her you loved her, did you not?"

Two heads are better than one, and things can only get better from now on . Well i sure hope so! Unless, Ellen you are coming up with more twists??!!

BRAVO!

You have totally turned the story around, and have taught Caroline a lesson or two!
Keeping us in stitches as to how sly Bingley can be! He is a true friend in every sense of the word!

Ellen, I am eagerly awaiting more of your chapters to see what is to come!!!

Ellen, It was so good to see Darcy taking care of things so quickly and having Caroline to dictate such a fine letter. And to see Elizabeth responding to its contents as she did was just perfect. And Charles and Jane are engaged! And now hopefully Elizabeth will be on her way to London in hopes of making a mends with Darcy. This was truely a very pleasing chapter. Thank you Ellen

I loved the way Darcy deliberately looked as handsome as ever, smiling, seductive, deep voice (how I love it!) for Miss Bingley, and then turned the table on her - so good! Ha-ha!

So, will Bingley tell Darcy that he spoke to Elizabeth, or surprise him when she arrives in London (of course she will, how could the Gardiner's say no?)

Thanks for the great chapter - this is so much fun to read!

Julie L.

I'm so happy!!! You updated and what a chapter!!!

I love your mischievous Darcy!! He's great!! What a way to punish Caroline!! She will think better before writing another cruel letter like the first one, let's hope!!!

Love Bingley in this story, too!! (and this comes from a person who hardly admires Bingley, either in fanfiction or in the original!!)

And E&D are already in their way to make up!!! This seems almost too good to last! Should I worry that the angst is not over yet, dear Ellen?

In any case, thank you for putting such a big smile in my face with this chapter , and I eagerly await the next one(s)!!

lOVE IT!

I laughed when Darcy got Caroline to write that letter....that will teach her!!

Write soon!!

chapter 11 is up. Enjoy!

What happy days!
The little romantic interludes are so deliciously done, am so happy that couple are reunited in the most satisfactory way.

With Georgina & Wickham entrance, this is getting quite exciting. What a cliffhanger you left us with, Ellen. What evil plans has Wickham concocted this time? Please do not keep us waiting for too long

Wow..

Another great chapter....leaving us hanging....

Loved the Opera!! lol

And enters George Wickham....mmmm and what is wrong with Georgiana??

Sandy

So, if Darcy has frozen G's assets, then old George must have ran out of money, lost the estate, and is trying to weasel his way back in for more. Or, he has decided to dump his wife. I hope Darcy throws him out of the house and arranges for him to go elsewhere, very far away. Maybe someone is after old George and will find him and do away with him. One can only hope. Love this story.

Ellen, what an incredibly sexy and passionate Darcy you have given us. Is it hot in here or is it just me?? They wasted no time once they locked eyes on eachother, did they? Well, I hope they can marry quickly...

As for Georgiana and the evil Wickham, what has the beast done to her? As much as I'd like to see the man dead, I don't wish it to be at Darcy's hand....let it come from a loan shark or perhaps a cuckolded husband or better yet a cut purse who decides to become a cut throat. That would be a way to make him go away with the least amount of scandal for his poor wife and family. Do free Georgie from this awful fate! Pretty please!

P.S. Do you know if your story will eventually be made available in PDF format? I know I'll be re-reading this one over and over.

Surely Georgiana is not pregnant already? If so Darcy better move fast. Great read. Thanks again Renee and of course To Ellen G have a great day.

Ellen dear !
It was a wonderful chapter - between the sensuality of the opera encounter, the passion of the afterwards' one and the cold shower of Georgiana and Wickham apparition...
Of course - I prefered the opera moments... and especially th efact that he cannot doubt now that she has strong feelings for him as well...
And free way to speculation: is Georgiana pregnant ? Has Wickham already got himself in debts who need being paid ? Surely he didn't get violent towards Georgiana, he wouldn't have the bravery to come in Darcy's house...
Will he even attempt to ensnare Elizabeth ?
Can't wait for the next one !

My hope is that with Wickham and Georgiana's arrival, the Gardiners don't start to question if Darcy is good enough for Elizabeth. Maybe Wickham will do something to prevent Darcy from Marrying so that he cannot get the heir?? Oh, I hope not. Please post soon!!!

I do not know much else to say but excellent! I think I might have fainted when the end of the recent chapter came. It was an extremely great chapter!

Ellen, Ellen,

I think I need to make a trip to the opera after that chapter! LOL I can't wait for your next chapter! The cliffhanger was truly unexpected, didn't see that coming! I hope the Georgianna is not pregnant but I hope that Lizzy doesn't fall under Wickham's little spell and believe things against Darcy. I would love to see Lizzy just tell Wickham just where he could go! We will have to wait for the next chapter I am afraid to find out what happens next! Please post soon! Thanks again!
Brandy

WOW! Darcy and Elizabeth are not bashful now. This story is getting intense. Thanks Ellen! Of course, Wickham just had to show up. Not P & P without him. Post a new chapter soon!!! Cindy

1 2 3 4 5 6