Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "His Brother's Keeper" by Ellen G

Well, he really put his foot in his mouth (in between kisses) by telling her how he had overcome his repugnance for her low connection - I don't blame her for being furious with him and telling him off, but I am surprised that he didn't say anything to her along the lines of "If you were so decidely against me from the start - why did you allow me to kiss you and why did you so obviously respond bakc - and like it?" I can't believe it didn't occur to him before he met her that she would be "put out" that he had just up and left without a by your leave after kissing her so passionately the night before. He had to know that that is something a gentleman just doesn't do with the daughter of a gentleman, no matter how inferior her other relations may be. He has a lot of thinking ahead to do, and I hope he'll realize, (especially after Elizabeth's words of "had you acted in a more gentlemanly manner) what a cad he really has acted like. Wonderful writing, and I'm eager for the next chapter - thanks!

Julie

Woah! Great chapter here! The running thoughts both Lizzy and Darcy had were splendid. I also love Darcy's imagination about his wedding night .

But the BEST thing is the proposal and confrontation scene. Darcy is so full of himself and now only to receive a kick in his butt for being not a gentleman. Well he has alot to learn to improve on his manners

Can't wait for the next chapter on the couple's fate and if Darcy will take action on Caroline, and if he can find a way to rescue Georgina

Ellen, this chapter was amazing!!

I am impressed at your ability to convey so much emotion, mush, hope and despair in one single chapter!!

Poor Lizzy!!! To know what she is rejecting (his kisses, his caresses, his passionate embraces) but knowing she has to reject him if she has a little self-respect and love for her sister! My heart bleeds for her!! I hope Darcy has to grovel before her to win her acceptance and affection.
But his imagination is great!! I was melting when I read his plans for the wedding night!! And the poor boy must be broken-hearted after all, right? Well, he deserves it!

I hope Caroline gets trashed by him and also by Bingley, and, speaking of duels... can Wickham have a hasty end, please, maybe at the hands of an angered creditor?

I love this story and eagerly await the next chapter(s)!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with all of us!!

Chapter 10 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Again I could not save reading this for any time!

"I hope you will consider it, Elizabeth. Mr. Darcy wishes to demonstrate to you that he can be sensible and amiable as well as foolish and arrogant. Do you not think you can find it within you give him another chance?"

I love it, how wonderful, and the twist of Miss Bingley writing the letter is great.

Loved the chapter, I do hope Elizabeth can go to London and see Darcy, he seems well on his way to winning that Lady's heart. All he will have to do then is find a way of protecting his poor sister.

Thank you.

What an original twist ! Miss Bingley to write THE letter...:-)
Indeed - very clever, Ellen !
And another unexpected one: Bingley playing mediator....

I like this mischievious side of Darcy - forcing Caroline to write the letter, letting Bingley to pass word on his unhapiness...

Can't wait for their encounter in London - must be a ballroom, no ?...

Thank you for a lovely chapter !

I loved your seductive Mr. Darcy, Ms. Bingley had no idea what was coming, finally she gets what she deserves! Loving this story, Ellen..

Please have mercy and post the following chapter soon!

Ellen
What a wonderful, imaginative, and dirty way to let Darcy do what he needs to do and to "use" Caroline to do it! WOW! I can't wait for more! One of the best letters ever! GREAT JOB!!!!!

Hi Ellen: I truly love what Darcy did to Miss Bingley! He really knew how to get back at her by first flirting with her etc., that was precious. Are we to see a courtship soon between Elizabeth and Darcy? and in London, oh my!

I would have never thought about Caroline writing that letter.

What a twist!!! I seriously cannot wait for the courtship. In London too, sign...

great great story can't wait for the next chapter. all I can say is wow.

Brilliant, Ellen! I was squirming in my seat as Darcy set up Caroline for her fall. How she could ever again raise her head in his presence I could not imagine. That he should force Caroline to pen the much needed letter was inspired! Bravo!

How fortunate for Lizzy that Charles was on his toes and attentive to her inquiries about Darcy. He couldn't have spoken more appropriate words to her to give Darcy a toe hold back into her good graces.

It is so hard to wait between chapters....I'm in agonies to know Darcy's reaction to Lizzy's renewed interest in him.

Sly Darcy! To begin with a flirtatious performance then bestowed punishment on the unsuspecting Caroline ...she deserved it!

Also the little things he has asked Bingley to help. The camaraderie and support betw the 2 friends is marvellous. It's funny when Bingley questioned "Did you not tell her how beautiful she is, how witty, how accomplished?" and "....you did tell her you loved her, did you not?"

Two heads are better than one, and things can only get better from now on . Well i sure hope so! Unless, Ellen you are coming up with more twists??!!

BRAVO!

You have totally turned the story around, and have taught Caroline a lesson or two!
Keeping us in stitches as to how sly Bingley can be! He is a true friend in every sense of the word!

Ellen, I am eagerly awaiting more of your chapters to see what is to come!!!

Ellen, It was so good to see Darcy taking care of things so quickly and having Caroline to dictate such a fine letter. And to see Elizabeth responding to its contents as she did was just perfect. And Charles and Jane are engaged! And now hopefully Elizabeth will be on her way to London in hopes of making a mends with Darcy. This was truely a very pleasing chapter. Thank you Ellen

I loved the way Darcy deliberately looked as handsome as ever, smiling, seductive, deep voice (how I love it!) for Miss Bingley, and then turned the table on her - so good! Ha-ha!

So, will Bingley tell Darcy that he spoke to Elizabeth, or surprise him when she arrives in London (of course she will, how could the Gardiner's say no?)

Thanks for the great chapter - this is so much fun to read!

Julie L.

I'm so happy!!! You updated and what a chapter!!!

I love your mischievous Darcy!! He's great!! What a way to punish Caroline!! She will think better before writing another cruel letter like the first one, let's hope!!!

Love Bingley in this story, too!! (and this comes from a person who hardly admires Bingley, either in fanfiction or in the original!!)

And E&D are already in their way to make up!!! This seems almost too good to last! Should I worry that the angst is not over yet, dear Ellen?

In any case, thank you for putting such a big smile in my face with this chapter , and I eagerly await the next one(s)!!

lOVE IT!

I laughed when Darcy got Caroline to write that letter....that will teach her!!

Write soon!!

chapter 11 is up. Enjoy!

What happy days!
The little romantic interludes are so deliciously done, am so happy that couple are reunited in the most satisfactory way.

With Georgina & Wickham entrance, this is getting quite exciting. What a cliffhanger you left us with, Ellen. What evil plans has Wickham concocted this time? Please do not keep us waiting for too long

Wow..

Another great chapter....leaving us hanging....

Loved the Opera!! lol

And enters George Wickham....mmmm and what is wrong with Georgiana??

Sandy

So, if Darcy has frozen G's assets, then old George must have ran out of money, lost the estate, and is trying to weasel his way back in for more. Or, he has decided to dump his wife. I hope Darcy throws him out of the house and arranges for him to go elsewhere, very far away. Maybe someone is after old George and will find him and do away with him. One can only hope. Love this story.

Ellen, what an incredibly sexy and passionate Darcy you have given us. Is it hot in here or is it just me?? They wasted no time once they locked eyes on eachother, did they? Well, I hope they can marry quickly...

As for Georgiana and the evil Wickham, what has the beast done to her? As much as I'd like to see the man dead, I don't wish it to be at Darcy's hand....let it come from a loan shark or perhaps a cuckolded husband or better yet a cut purse who decides to become a cut throat. That would be a way to make him go away with the least amount of scandal for his poor wife and family. Do free Georgie from this awful fate! Pretty please!

P.S. Do you know if your story will eventually be made available in PDF format? I know I'll be re-reading this one over and over.

Surely Georgiana is not pregnant already? If so Darcy better move fast. Great read. Thanks again Renee and of course To Ellen G have a great day.

Ellen dear !
It was a wonderful chapter - between the sensuality of the opera encounter, the passion of the afterwards' one and the cold shower of Georgiana and Wickham apparition...
Of course - I prefered the opera moments... and especially th efact that he cannot doubt now that she has strong feelings for him as well...
And free way to speculation: is Georgiana pregnant ? Has Wickham already got himself in debts who need being paid ? Surely he didn't get violent towards Georgiana, he wouldn't have the bravery to come in Darcy's house...
Will he even attempt to ensnare Elizabeth ?
Can't wait for the next one !

My hope is that with Wickham and Georgiana's arrival, the Gardiners don't start to question if Darcy is good enough for Elizabeth. Maybe Wickham will do something to prevent Darcy from Marrying so that he cannot get the heir?? Oh, I hope not. Please post soon!!!

I do not know much else to say but excellent! I think I might have fainted when the end of the recent chapter came. It was an extremely great chapter!

Ellen, Ellen,

I think I need to make a trip to the opera after that chapter! LOL I can't wait for your next chapter! The cliffhanger was truly unexpected, didn't see that coming! I hope the Georgianna is not pregnant but I hope that Lizzy doesn't fall under Wickham's little spell and believe things against Darcy. I would love to see Lizzy just tell Wickham just where he could go! We will have to wait for the next chapter I am afraid to find out what happens next! Please post soon! Thanks again!
Brandy

WOW! Darcy and Elizabeth are not bashful now. This story is getting intense. Thanks Ellen! Of course, Wickham just had to show up. Not P & P without him. Post a new chapter soon!!! Cindy

I always knew there was a reason I loved the opera!

What a great chapter! I agree, what more can be said, but, keep up the great work!

I just wonder how long Darcy will take to become engaged?

I agree with some other posters, G is totally pregnant! I think that Elizabeth will see Wickam's true self and realize why Darcy was so desperate for an heir. At least I hope this is how it will turn out...

What an awesome story, Ellen!!!

RitaSV:

I don't know if the story will ever get to PDF format, as I don't have my own site and have not been invited to post on one. If anyone has any ideas, I'm open to them.

Ellen G

Sorry, Rita, but I don't understand why one would like to have stories in .pdf format? It's as easy to copy the pages and paste them in Word. Could you explain what the special attraction is, apart from it having a certain type page like most official documents have?

In the past, when I still worked for organizations and institutions, .pdf was always used for sort of official documents. I don't like to see fiction on it at all, to tell you the truth.

However, if you'd like to offer your stories on .pfd, Ellen, I suppose you can create them yourself if you have that special Adobe programme, and I wouldn't mind of you'd offer it to your fans here.

There's no fanfiction site I know of that offers this format, except for a private person, a fan, who used to be a graphic designer and creates these documents for authors she likes. I believe her name is Ellen as well and she's a member of the Hyacinth Gardens.

Anyway, I'm sorry that I don't have any capacity to offer this possibility. But I hope the pages I create for the authors are pleasant enough to read from.

There should have been a warning to bring along a fan for this chapter (and for Elena's chapter also)! Can I hope that Wickham has already done his worst -marrying Georgiana- and that he will leave Elizabeth alone...? I am an angst wimp.

Thank you for another post of this brilliant story!!

Loved the passionate scenes between L&D ! But of course wicked Wickham had to choose exactly that moment to appear and bring mayhem!! aaargh!!!

Well, at least Darcy said the magical words, but Lizzy seems not to have heard them very well, ****!! Please, just don't have her continuing doubting his love for long, pleeease??

No idea what brought Georgiana and wicky boy to town, but I suppose it's nothing good. At least I hope it's nothing that bad either. You wouldn't be so cruel, right??

Btw, why was he smirking, is it possible that he saw something he shouldn't have seen?

Post again soon, please!! I love this story!!

I don't actually have a particular preference for PDF formatted documents, just for the continuity from one page to the next. I may, indeed, copy and paste them chapter by chapter into a single document. I just wouldn't do it if it was likely that it would be put into a PDF.

Occasionally I like to print them out for reading away from home as I don't own a lap top but the printing process may actually be easier on a single (copy and pasted)document because the page numbers on PDFs don't work well when I'm trying to print collated copies on both sides of a sheet of paper. Anyhoo, I just asked for curiosity's sake. These stories are so good that I want to take them with me where ever I go!

How much drama can an author fit into a chapter!

Great too see Darcy and Elizabeth getting closer but then along comes a Wickham to make everyone miserable.

I do hope little G is ok. poor girl is too sweet to suffer.

Thanks.

Argh! Wickham!

This is a wonderful story, Ellen! Keep writing. Also, Renee, I like reading the stories in the formats they're in now (easy to read), so no worries!

*gasp* Wickham - he's there? No! Oh, how could you spoil their romantic interlude with that insidious monster? Uggh!

Great chapter, glad they're learning to be with each other, at least now they know they can be compatible!

Thanks,

Julie L.

AAAACCKKKK!!!! Ellen! Your Wickham is exceptionally slimy!! EW! EW!

How awful for Darcy to have that man in his house and he has his lecherous sights set on Elizabeth! OMG I'm having an angst attack...'Hill! Hill! Get me my smelling salts!'

I hope you are merciful to those of us who are angst weenies amongst your fandom. If you torture us you must make it up with lots of nummy Darcy and Elizabeth lovin' OK?

Ellen! Your Wickham is exceptionally slimy!! EW! EW!

Indeed, Rita. And I've always thought mine was the wickest of them all in "GW's Sweet Revenge"! But he's a softy compared to this one!

What a scum you've brought in bearing the name of Wickham !
I do hope something awful happens to him - am I right to suppose he knows (or soon will know) about the will ? And he will try to be sure to harm Darcy ?!

I hope Mr Bennet would not be difficult - and that D&E would make a team against that walking scum !

And at last... wow - I so enjoyed her answer to the proposal...

Thank you, Ellen !

You ain't seen nothin' yet!

Ellen

OMG, Ellen, *gulp* I forgot to tell you... I cannot stand up to too much angst...

Ellen, you frighten me !
Renée, when has she become such a 'méchante' writer ?
Her other story was so sweet....

Please at least reassure me: it is Wickham responsible of all villainies and angst, right ?
But you do marry Darcy and Elizabeth in 2 weeks time, don't you ?..

Lovely chapter, Ellen, thank you!!!

I'm not frightened of what Wickham will do, or try to do, later in the story, because after reading Darcy's sweet proposal, and Lizzy's even sweeter acceptance of his proposal, I'm still in ... and I refuse to come back to Earth just as soon!! And I'm so happy that Lizzy is willing to aid Darcy to produce his heir soon... oh, isn't she a lucky girl?

Thanks for relieving my anxieties of the previous chapter by letting Lizzy know that Darcy really loves her, and Darcy know that she loves him too. Really, it's one of the sweetest second proposals I've read so far!

As always, I look forward to the next chapter of this enthralling story... whatever it brings!

I love this story!

What a great chapter, but boy do I hate George, but I love the way Elizabeth would not give him an inch! Good for her! A true lady! But, I'm afraid of something Darcy said to Elizabeth. He brought up the notion that if something should happen to him and he die wtihout an heir, all would go to the Wickham's! I hadn't thought of that so much until I realized George may very well be planning Darcy's demise! I hope I'm wrong, but I find it an inevitable consequence! Yikes!

Thanks for another riveting chapter - at last they're engaged!

Julie

Yes they are engaged! I love Darcy's confession and the proposal, so honest and sweet

But with Wickham's presence, and his lecherous thoughts on Lizzy, I am crossing all my fingers and toes and hope he's not going to ruin Lizzy, or concoct evil means to get rid of Darcy! Is that why Darcy didn't hear from Stanton, was he discovered by Wickham and silenced off??

Please do tell that with the combination of our lovely couple's intelligence, they will be able to conquer Wickham
Otherwise i truly hope that he will be run down by a speedy carriage or struck by lightning!

eLLEN,
tHIS IS MY 1ST POST FOR YOUR WONDERFUL STORY.
i LOVE IT WHEN AUTHORS COME UP WITH INTERESTING PATHS FOR THE p&p STORY TO TAKE - THE "WHAT IF THIS HAPPENED .......
i LOVE THIS STORY.
wELL WRITTEN, WELL THOUGHT OUT, BELIEVABLE PLOTLINE......
wELL dONE!!!!!!

1 2 3 4 5 6