Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "His Brother's Keeper" by Ellen G

Aww, that was excellent! You really had me fooled there, but I was so happy to realize they were married afterall! Thanks for a very 'satisfying' chapter! :D

Julie

WOW!!! Mrs. Darcy! That was quite a shock. Thanks, Ellen. Can't wait to read further. Cindy

Ohmigod, that was awesome! I never saw that coming with MR. Dorsett. I was sure Darcy paid him to kill Wickham. Obviously I was way off the mark. So sweet to have them married, not to mention the hot hot hot love that followed. Good for Georgie too backing up Darcy. Great, great chapter! I guess you can tell I enjoyed it. Thanks!

No, you won't hear me say... 'I told you so!'

As great a chapter as I expected, Ellen. Lovely, lovely!

WOW Ellen, a wonderful romantic chapter! And I was so glad to hear they were married beforehand! Either way would have been fine with me, but thank you for protecting Lizzy just in case something does happen to Darcy and/or Lizzy becomes pregnant! Which I think we all want to happen soon! Great chapter and we look forward to your next chapter!

Thanks for all the love!

I'm surprised no one thought that Mr. Dorsett was hired by Mr. Wickham to kill Darcy, which is how I intended him to appear. But you all had such creative (and equally interesting!) takes on him!

They were married ! YES ! YES ! YES !Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wonderful chapter, Ellen !
And a very sensual first time...Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am glad Georgiana seems to finally open her eyes...
Can't wait and see what happens next.
Another chapter this week, as a Christmas gift ?
Pleaaaaaase !

Renee, this is us begging for more from you: Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mihaela, where DO you get those awesome smilies?

And I'm afraid that Renee is completely unable to post another chapter, as I have not yet sent her one. We'll all just have to wait, won't we?

Great chapter, Ellen.

I knew Darcy was too experienced to act under Lizzy's suggestion. I guess that's just an example of how

"from his judgment, information, and knowledge of the world, she must have received benefit of greater importance."

The greatest importance, indeed, in this situation.

Now the legalities have been attended to, I'm still wary of the evil that Wickham might attempt (yay to Georgiana for her determination--sad for her, of course). Looking forward to the next episode.

Lovely, Ellen, lovely, thanks for a great chapter!!!

I DID think that Mr. Dorsett was either hired by Wickham to kill Darcy, or by Darcy as a bodyguard to take care of Wickham during the trip. I was fooled, of course, but I don't care, after that hot night shared by D&E I loved it!!! (still fanning myself here...)

I can't wait for the next chapter!! (I'm curious to know what Wickham will try to do )

OMG OMG OMG Ellen, I admit that my heart nearly burst with joy when I read your last sentence... "Sleep well, Mrs. Darcy." ...I have to admit I have been silence in your forum simply because I have not read it as yet...I can't take the "WIP" angst...but being an impatient me..I just can't resist..this is my lucky day...that I began with Chap 1 and end with your wonderful and sensational Chap 15.... ...Ellen...please can we have a sizzling morning after soon ...

please can we have a sizzling morning after soon

Soon enough, my dear!

Ellen !
I have realized that they didn't have a wedding banquet...:-)
Not that would diminish the importance of the wedding night.... but here they are having some champaign...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Cheers !

Dearest Mihaela, I am afraid it would have been rather difficult to get sparkling wine from France in the early 1800, if not impossible. Anyway,I believe that Ellen's Elizabeth can't complain, can she? I would gladly change all the champaigne in the world for one night only in such....mmmm...enticing company!!!

I would gladly change all the champaigne in the world for one night only in such....mmmm...enticing company!!!

Indeed, Eli!!

Beautifully written.

So tender, so loving - so hmmmmmmm wonderful.

Would the child be recognised under the law???? - being illegimate???? should sometime desperate happen to Fitzwilliam??????

Well written - well done.

Sandra,
I don't think the child is illegitimate !
They were married before his eventual conception... if there would be aPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Would the child be recognised under the law???? - being illegimate????

Dear Sandra, rest easy. If you've already read Chapter 15, perhaps you got so caught up in the good lovin' that you missed Darcy calling Elizabeth "Mrs. Darcy" at the very end. Mr. Dorsett was there to make that happen. More explanation in the next chapter!

Ooh, Ellen, I can't wait! Thank you so much for such a wonderful chapter.

Oh Wonderful they married - I am so pleased for them. Congrats to Mr and Mrs Darcy, good health and a trouble free future.....some hope with eviel Wickham around to spoil things. What will you do with him, surely little G need to find some happyness before the end of your tale.

A very satisfying chapter Cheers.

I am thrilled that you married them. However, I am very concerned whether they had a license or not. I am assuming that they did or Mr. Dorsett would not have married them.

This does not bode well for Darcy's safety however. I do love the playfullness that they also exhibited. I am very concerened that Wickham is up to another trick. I can NOT believe that Georgiana is so altogether stupid.

Oh, well, I am definately looking forward to the next chapter.

Thanks for sharing your writing.

M2

Dear Elle, it occured to me that we shouldn't be deprived of a beautiful proposal...:-)
As far as we know, Lizzy did propose a 'wedding night' before the wedding - but how they came to wed ? And is Darcy the one proposing ?
Will we have a 'flashback' - maybe Elizabeth's POV while Darcy is travelling ?

On a less happier thought: I fear that I could understand the title of the story as refering to something yet to happen. Would we have some 'hostage' story ? Or it is me fretting as usually ?

Dearest Ellen and Renee :
Merry Christmas and Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Replies for Mary M and Mihaela:

I am very concerned whether they had a license or not
Mary, way back in Chapter 9, before his return to Hertfordshire in November, Mr. Darcy was so convinced that he would have no trouble getting Elizabeth to marry him that he obtained a special license. Of course, she refused him then, but he's held the license ever since.

it occured to me that we shouldn't be deprived of a beautiful proposal
Mihaela, we did have a beautiful proposal -- the requisite "second" proposal of course, when Lizzy came to London in Chapter 12 (not long after the memorable "night at the opera"); of course you knew they were engaged. Here's what he said:
“Dearest, loveliest Elizabeth. Will you not allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you? I cannot live without you, your beauty, your laughter, your vital being; losing Pemberley would be nothing to losing you. I promise that I will make you the happiest of women, if you would but make me the happiest of men. Pray, tell me that you will forgive my previous clumsy efforts and say that you will be my wife!”

But perhaps you are referring to how they end up not anticipating their vows? There's an explanation in Chapter 16, soon to come, but if it is not as romantic as the above, I hope you will forgive me, for he has already asked for her hand in the most romantic way I knew how!

That darn Wickham. How awful to have to have him there at their wedding. It is so odd to see him included in the ordinary tasks of the day, as well. Eating breakfast and such...and of course he's there to witness Lady C's appalling behavior, all conducted so publicly. Not a trace of good manners in either of them. Blech.

Let's hope that Darcy has planned well his delivery of Wickham to his estate and that the outriders are actually hired Bow Street runners. Darcy is no fool and knows only too well Wickham's complete lack of honor and morals.

Ellen and Renee, thanks for posting this Christmas treat for us! Hope you have a very merry Christmas and a blessed new year.

Oh Ellen, as much as i enjoy Darcy and Elizabeth, i really cannot believe your writing talent in making me thoroughly enjoy Wickham. I love his dark humor, i remember when at the beginning of this story Darcy had some of it too. In any case, he makes a compelling villain, most entertaining. After all, where is a hero without the anti-hero?

They're married! What a wonderful surprise.
I hope the good luck continues on the way to Alston House. Will Lord M's men know enough to travel there as well?
I wish Georgiana could see what type of man she has married!
Love the story. Can't wait for more!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

It was so good to hear how the wedding went, and I'm glad that Jane and the Gardiner's as well as Bingley were all there to witness - yet, too bad Wickham had to be there. Gosh, I can't wait until he gets his due, I hope you have something truly worthy of his nefarious ways. I feel sorry for Darcy and Elizabeth having to part this way, right after their wedding night - I hope nothing happens on the way to prevent Darcy from returning soon. I'm so scared about what you have up your sleeve!! I can't wait for more!

Thanks,

Julie

Thank you for this wonderful Christmas gift, Ellen, it was so lovely!!
It was so annoying that Wickham was there, but then I suppose he wasn't very happy for them (L&D).
I wonder if and fear that the men sent by Lord M. will find and attack the carriage where Wickham travels with Darcy *eating my nails here*
I look forward to the next chapter.
Have a wonderful Christmas day, dearest Ellen and Renée.

llen,
another gripping chapter just in time for Christmas - thankyou for a thrilling Christmas present.
i do hop that Darcy is not mistaken for Wickham as they will be travlling together and I hop that the ladies will be safe in Gracechurch Street

Ha! Good for you Ellen! Nice Chapter.

~Casey

How on earth have I managed to miss this great story???!!!!! I love it and can't wait for more

Thanks to all, and welcome to Elaine!

A new chapter will be arriving just after the New Year. Happy 2007 everyone!

Chapter 17 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Chères Ellen et Renée,
MEILLEURS VOEUX pour 2007 !

It seems this has been the last calm chapter before some major problems on Darcy's side...
Dreading the confrontation - if there will be one - with that lors M's men - what is Wickham catching ?
I was glad it was revealed Darcy is armed but would this suffice ?Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I also liked how dear Caro found out about the new Mrs Darcy. So many question on this side as well...
And it seems anyway that both D & E are wrong - Mr Darcy's businees will be prolonged beyond that announced week !Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
But maybe this period will also allow Georgiana some sensible discussions with Elizabeth - and she will see some sense about that thing she called husband...

Thank you, Ellen !
Waiting eagerly for the next chapter already !

Oh dear! An exhausted Darcy now has to deal with some potentially rough visitors. I wonder if Wickham cuckholded Lord M__________? Wouldn't surprise me one bit...

As for Caroline, well, I too felt a rare sympathy for her. Regardless of her nastiness, it must have been a sobering and painful moment to realize Darcy was completely beyond her while in company. Perhaps she will begin to do a little soul searching...one can only hope.

Oh Dear Darcy is in danger and so sleepy, he for sure will not be at his very best. I care not for Wickham, but do you think it possible that he may help his brother-in-law, afterall he is the one who has always paid his debts in the past. I sure hope things will turn out for Darcy for he needs to get back to his new bride and soon. Ellen G I truely love this story. Happy New Year and Happy Writing.

Uh-oh!

Poor Darcy! Not only does he have to hang out in the carriage with a man he detests, but he also has to deal with Mr. Wickham's problems...chasing him. Maybe he could pen a check and toss it out of the window for them?

Never that easy though...

Cannot wait for more!
~CaseyC

O.k. Ellen, you have managed to not only divert me with Wickham, but to actually feel sorry for Caroline. Great job!

Ellen,
Sounds like things are just starting to get interesting! And here I thought it was going to be all romantic with Lizzy & Darcy! LOL. But hey, I do recall the title to this story! So please post soon!

Brandy

I love the passion betw the Darcys !
What a way to wake up from a slumber indeed

The little twist you have done on the conversation at the start of Wickham & Darcy's journey is brilliant, Ellen! It just brought a smile to my face as I recalled the conversation betw Lizzy & Darcy in PP3. Wickham, despite his nastiness, is quite a funny character here, i found myself enjoying his presence in this story . Absoultely love the bit when Darcy whipped out his pistol too hehe...

I'm all in eagerness for the next chapter now, please please please don't keep us waiting

Ellen~~

I'm a new reader to any type of fan fiction, and am amazed at how I can clearly see Elizabeth and Darcy in your story. PLEASE WRITE ANOTHER CHAPTER SOON!! I am sad that I read through your other chapters so quickly! Your story is wonderful!!

Welcome, Catrina!

You'll be happy to know that Chapter 18 will be ready for posting shortly.

Ellen~

Please stop the suspense waiting is killing me! Thank you for the new chapter though, I'll have to wait patiently for the next!

Well done! I loved the dialogue between Darcy and Wickham in the coach when they first set out - glad he brought the pistol! Phew!

I hope the men are nothing to worry about and Darcy can take care of them, please, I hope there is no future angst coming - I just can't take angst!

Thanks, poor dumb Caroline - she should have known!

Jule

Angst wimps beware! Chapter 18 is ready to post!

For the enhancement of your weekend enjoyment... chapter 18 is up, my dears!

We can only hope that it is Wickham that is dead, but what about Darcy. Oh the waiting a whole week for your next chapter is "killing" indeed. You are the queen of cliffhangers and a wonderful story teller.

Thank you
Mo

Oh.... I hope it is Wickham that was shot...Why would a soldier come to the home? Is it Colonel Fitzwilliam? Poor Georgiana, she has such a rose colored view of the scoundrel that she will surely suffer over this. If he was shot, one can imagine it was not merely 'debts' that were an issue for him as it is most difficult to get recompense from a dead man.

Gads, Ellen! What a place to leave your readers!

Now, I just KNOW you didn't kill Mr. Darcy! I mean, you couldn't have, right?

So, I will be hasty and sing and dance "Ding, Dong, the Wickham's Dead!"

Obviously is has to be Wickham, surely you haven't killed Darce, or have you?

Please, please PLEASE post more soon, I need to know what happens. NOW!!

Loving this story, keep up the good work!

Soph

Elizabeth was not the only one that became 'warm and flushed' at the reading of Darcy's letter. Let us hope that other letters are only delayed because he wrote the direction very ill indeed...

1 2 3 4