Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "His Brother's Keeper" by Ellen G

Thank you Ellen for this wonderful story, I loved every word of it! Loved the little bit of Darcy's memories of all the different places at Longbourn he and Lizzy spent "ahem-ing." i also liked it how Darcy remembers his daydream, and realizes he's living it! Good show!

I hope you have another one in the works, I love your stories!

Julie

Thank you Ellen! I loved this turn of this story from the original. Reading it was a pleasure!

Is it possible that the Epilogue was cut off? When I linked to it (several times refreshing) the final passage ended with a single capital S after the last complete sentence.

"Darcy rose from his chair and approached his wife with a purposeful grin, and she quickly understood from his expression that whatever dulcet sounds issued next from her throat would be in a far more intimate setting. S"

This doesn't seem complete to me.

Love the story Ellen. Congratulations on completing it (and thanks for killing off Wickham--that's the best thing to do with the creep!)

No, that's not where it ends, Margaret! I suppose refreshing your page will do the trick. It's all there, I promise.

What a surprise !
A wonderful one when I saw that there was a new installment of the story - and then a sad one when I saw that it was the last chapter and the Epilogue !

I loved every word of this story, Ellen and I only hope you have another one in preparation already !

Thank you !
And thank you, Renee for the impeccable taste !

Ellen,

SmileyCentral.com

What a wonderful ending to this beautiful story! Ellen thank you for sharing this story with us and I look forward to reading more from you soon! Great, Great Job!!!!

Brandy

Thank you, everyone!!!!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate all your comments. I will certainly miss them...until such time as I can come up with something else worthy of Mrs. Darcy's!

In the meantime, as I have already told Mrs. Darcy, I have a tasty little vignette that I wrote before my first full-length story. Once it is dusted off and polished, I promise a hot time, indeed.

In the meantime, we're delighted to have "Love Calls Twice" to sate our ... ahem ... desires for some Regency action!

BIG KISS!

Oddly enough, repeated attempts at refreshing Internet Explorer to get the end of the Epilogue were unsuccessful. I finally had to use Mozilla Firefox to finish the story.

Perhaps, like the rest of us, Internet Explorer was reluctant to see an end to His Brother's Keeper?

Thanks again, Ellen. Looking forward to the vignette (something *warm* for a cold winter night???

Margaret:

Had I known you were struggling that much, I would have e-mailed the chapter directly to you. Thanks for your persistence!

Thank you, Ellen, and congratulations on another successfull and fulfilling story! I love everything you write and eagerly await new installments...alas I shall have to bide my time until your muse strikes again. I loved that even Caroline Bingley was redeemed, but what of poor dear Georgiana? If I may conjecture, perhaps she finds a kind, titled widower and they unite to form a happy family with little Anne Wickham? Aren't fantasies wonderful.

Best wishes and hugs.

Mimi

Ellen
Thanks for the free PROPAGANDA.SmileyCentral.com

Ellen,

Thanks for such a wonderful story! I hope that you keep writing in the future, and I can't wait to read your vignette!

What a wonderful story Ellen! I'm going to miss the passionate couple though....loved the fast and furious love that Darcy "bestowed" on Lizzy , also his various ruminations about when little Darcy was conceived .

It has been a great read and I just love your writing style and the characters. Hope to read more of your works real soon!

Over....over....what do you mean it's over? You've bearly just began....I'm sad....But in the end you did end the story beautifully...despite the fact that it's over. Your a wonderful writer and I hope you'll continue to carry on the Darcy pride.

Great, Beautiful!!!

I was sooo sad to see that it had ended though. That was a shock. You really gave us some great twists. I will be sad now. It was really nice to have your chapters, along with Eli's of course, post on a regular basis. I definitely brightened up my week. Just like my other fellow message boarders, I think I will reread from the beginning.

Also, loved the passionate ending. Woo Hoo!!!

My, Ellen, I think I'll have to borrow one of Mrs. Darcy's fans! What an ending to such an exciting story - like others, I'm ready to start over and read it from the beginning. You're very talented and I look forward to whenever and whatever your muse inspires.

Ellen, sorry for being late in commenting on this beautiful end to your lovely story. It's was awesome!!

I particularly liked the fact that Georgiana didn't lose the baby, it was conceived with love on her side at least, so I think it would have been terrible for her to have a miscarriage. Besides something good resulted of that marriage after all, as I'm sure she will be a lovely girl like her mother. Yet, like Darcy I'm also very relieved that the child can't be called George Wickham!!

D&L lovely hot reunion was...eh...burning indeed!!! and I'm very glad Darcy&Lizzy's first time at Pemberley was even better than he had imagined (especially for Lizzy...darn lucky girl!!!)

Thank you for delighting us with such a wonderful story, Ellen, it's definitely one of my top favorite fanfics! You're a very talented authoress!!!

Thanks so much, Maria Teresa. Great big kiss to you!

Speaking of hot, have you read "The Lesson" yet? I promise you will NOT be disappointed!

Disappointed? Moi? You'll be able to guess my answer to this question in The Lesson's comments thread...

I've shamefully neglected to thank everyone else who wrote such wonderful comments. What can I say? You ladies are the greatest.

Ellen -

Just loved this story - so clever how you weaved in various lines from P&P and had different people saying them or working them in at different times. That was fun.

Just an intriguing story overall - a real page turner for me and I thank you.

I'm sure your fans are hoping that you'll be writing more in the future!

I have just discovered your terrific work here but have I missed something. I have only been able to read up to Chapter 16 but I also read some of your fan postings which lead to me to think I have read all the chapters. Can you tell me where else I might be able to find them? After reading Chapter 16 it just says continued but nothing to link to. HELP!!!!!! Desperate to get my darcy/lizzy fix!! Love your story-- so original and well written! Thanks so much!!

I had that same problem. Go back to the chapter index and click on chapter 17. That worked for me. Good Luck. Mo

You either refresh your page or have a little patience, ,cause it can take a while if your pc is not that fast. Links are working.

I,m away on holidays but would not want youto miss your favorite stories. ;)

Christina:

I've just returned from vacation. I hope your problem has been resolved and that you have been able to access the final chapters. Please let me know if you are still having difficulties.

I have just finished this fantastic story.
Ellen, thank you for the exciting time.
I think I started reading this somewhere else
but never got to finish it. I loved every bit of it!

P.S. The link at the end of chapter 16 still doesn't
work but chapter 17 was accesible in the story index
so no problem.

P.S. The link at the end of chapter 16 still doesn't
work but chapter 17 was accesible in the story index
so no problem.

I've fixed it, Lucy. Thanks for the heads-up

Glad you enjoyed it, Lucy.

There's another full-length story on its way.

There's another full-length story on its way.

OMG OMG OMG OMG... Can't wait!!!!!!!

Hi Ellen,

I finished HBK earlier this week and wanted to tell you how very much I enjoyed it. Such a twist on canon! You totally had me hook, line and sinker.

Your "letter" was a stroke of genius! I have never seen the like. Wonderful.

Wickham trying to make a move on Lizzy only to be thwarted by Lady C. Darcy calling Wickham out and Wickham "fainting".

I didn't see Mr. Dorsett at all benign. I thought Wickham had him come steal something important from the townhouse. I completely bought that they were anticipating their vows. The wedding night... Yowza!

Fabulous story. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Hi Ellen, I just wanted to tell you that I have read this wonderful story while it was a wip and enjoyed it SOO very much. I am a member at two other JA fanfic sites and have recommended this story as an awesome read. I have also told all my fellow addicts (wink) about my love of your other stories as well.

You have a faithful reader here and will promote your stories to lovers of this genre.

Keep up the awesome work. Eye of the Beholder so far is proving again how wonderful a writer you are.

Thanks again for sharing your talent

Stacy ( member of AHA and HG)

Thanks, Wendy & Stacy! Your comments are music to an author's ears.

Serinah, please contact me at renee at mrsdarcy dot com? Thank you.

Ellen,

I re-read your wonderful story. Thanks again for the hours of enjoyment.

STEVIEB

Thank YOU, StevieB!!!

So the wicked Mr. W finally gets what he deserves!

Really enjoyed the story; it has kept me distracted and amused through a nasty bout of 'flu.

Thank you for posting it!

Glad you enjoyed the story, and I hope you're feeling better!!

Loved it also!!! I love being brand new when everything is unread!

Ellen, this is my first time to read this story, and I enjoyed it so much. I read it today in one sitting, and it was worth not doing any housework or eating anything until I was fnished. I plan to read the rest of your stories posted here.

Thank you for sharing your talent.

PatM,
Thanks so much for your flattering comments! It's been a very long time since anyone has said something so nice. Hope you enjoy the rest!

I loved the story! Poor Georgiana, did she end up finding a good guy in the end?
Great work! I really enjoyed reading the story!

Poor Georgiana, did she end up finding a good guy in the end?

I'd like to think so! Thanks for reading and responding!