Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Horizon of Hope

Fancy a short story? I've just posted one I wrote for the latest challenge at Firthness.

Here's the link. I appreciate your thoughts...

Ellen, Eli and Clare, thanks heaps for your invaluable help and advise.

Re: Horizon of Hope

SmileyCentral.comSmileyCentral.com

TY *smooch* Where did you find all those cool smilies, Eli? They're so funny.

That was awesom, Renee! Is the rest up to the reader's imagination or will there be a continuation in the future?

LOVE this. PLEASE continue it! What a wonderful set of possibilities this contains. Can't wait to see where you take it.

I cannot believe that this is a short story. Please continue it. I'm on the edge of my seat!! You did an excellent job! I had to use a dictionary to look up a few words. Thanks for teaching me a few word meanings!

Lovely short story, Renée, thank you!! I love your writing style since I read, years ago, several of your fics archived at the DWG, but selfishly I never let you know that. I'm trying to correct that now. This story is so beautifully written as your others I have read, and the premise is more than interesting, it's gripping. Lydia in jail after Wickham abandoned her! Will her future be as bleak as in Darcy's dream? At least Wickham is in prison too! That's good!

Do you plan to continue? It's a wonderful beginning of a longer story!

Renee,

I loved it - will there be another chapter - poor Lydia off to New South Wales as a convict oh dear- (where I happen to live actually) it's now a wonderful part of Australia - sunny beaches, fresh air - mountains, forests etc etc etc.....

Love this story

This is beautifully written Renee! I especially love this line "And if, by a fortunate turn of fate, such happiness were to be bestowed upon him, he had the firm intention to shew her his undying love, in all manners imaginable, for the rest of his days." Ahhh...so romantic

You HAVE,or MUST write a continuation to this story!

Renee!!! Loved your short story! You described the squalor that Darcy saught Lydia in so well that I was actually sitting here covering my nose as I read. LOL

Great use of the dream to plant an idea in Darcy's head of a way to solve all their problems. Great work!

Renee, what a fabulous 'start' (no pressure!) - a wonderful story, with the superb twist thrown in.

I love your writing, and the way you express yourself. I thought this was lol funny: "Indeed, she had improved his mind and soul by extensive censuring..." That whole paragraph was a delight, but that last sentence was just perfect!

Hoping to read more of this because it has a lot of potential in the hands of a good story teller like yourself!

Dear, dear ladies, you've totally overwhelmed me with your praise. Thank you so much.

Indeed, I've left you hanging, right? And I must confess that it's a tantalizing thought to have the Darcys build up something entirely new. We'll see...

Good morning, and what a good morning it is with a new short story as good as yours to read.

It does sound rather like a beginning...

Poor old Lydia, things really have gone from bad to worse haven’t they!

Thank you.

Thank you, Lisa dear. I'm so glad you liked it. *smooch*

FYI: This Firthness challenge didn't result in one particular winner. There were only prizes for delurkers (which I'm obviously not ) and most prolific ones, i.e. those who posted more than one story or a lengthy one.

Anyway, I was glad Lisa drew my attention to it, 'cause it induced me to write something new again which hadn't happened for quite some time, and that's gratification enough to me.

Oops, how ungracious of me... I don't only wanted to thank Lisa, but you most heartily too of course for your enthusiasm. *smooches*

Hi Renée,
I have just re-read your story and it made me want for more...
I know you are super busy, but are you thinking of going on with it or must we be left here in desperation???
Anyway, whatever you decide to do with it, I loved it the first time I read it and I still find it wonderful.
Bravo Renée and thank you for making may day, every day, with the fabulous job you do by maintaining this lovely site!
Lella

Lella

Thank you for your kind words, Lella. This story has potential for continuation, I agree. I'd love to work on it. But at the moment I can't promise anything. I have a WIP in the closet of which 16 chapters are ready, and I'd prefer to finish that one first, even though I have no idea - due to personal circumstances - when this will happen. Perhaps I should start posting it and let myself be inspired by the commenters. But then again, I'm se scared to leave the readers with another unfinished story.

However, I'm always so encouraged by a comment on my work that I might pull myself together and get crackin' again!

Thanks again, Lella. You made my day.

What a wonderful story Renee.
You writing is so descriptive, you virtually paint pictures with it, it's awesome!
Thank you, I enjoyed it very much.

Roselene

Darling Rodelene, TY so much. You made my day.

So glad you liked it. It's one of my favourite shorties.

Oops, Roselene, of course. ... My poor old eyes! Don't see my typos anymore.