Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: As Fate Would Have It by Kim

Welcome Kim! *waves* so good to see you here, and yes, this story is dear to my heart as well! So happy to see this once again after all this time!

Julie

What a lovely beginning!
I'm on board!

Kim, thank you for the first chapter of a new story! I also would like to give you a warm "hello" and welcome!

What a nice beginning, full of hope.

I'm impatient to read this story.

Lovely, lovely beginning. I'm looking forward to a Darcy that will court Elizabeth as she deserves.

Thank you very much, Renee, for allowing my little story a spot on your beautiful & friendly site.

Many thanks for the very generous comments. They're greatly appreciated & now I must hope that I won't disappoint you with the remaining chapters!

AND... anything "good" is directly attributable to Julie & Tracey, who helped me more than you could imagine. They're spectacular!

Cheers!
Kim

Oh I like the different begining. I look forward to see where it will go from here.

What an interesting beginning !
A bold and yet so pondered Elizabeth... and a determined Darcy !
Can't wait to see what will you do with them !

Kim, I think I have read a portion of this story before and I loved it. I am so grateful that you are posting this story here and will relish every word.

Thank you

I've read this before at another site. It is my all time favorite fan fic. While I'm happy to re-read it for about the tenth time, I was wondering if you have written any other stories? I'd love to read them!

Kim

Glad to see you're now posting this story here. Loved it before! (I also loved the multi-part story you once posted elsewhere--the one that had Lizzy composing melodies in lieu of scales. I hope you post that one here too!)

Best wishes,
Margaret

you once posted elsewhere--the one that had Lizzy composing melodies in lieu of scales. I hope you post that one here too!

I'm embarassed to say, that I don't know it...

Send it to me, Kim, by all means!

What a lovely beginning!

I loved it Kim, and am eager to read more of your work. Get posting! :D Just kidding, I do hope you will be posting soon and frequently. This is a nice different take on how the two of them reconcile after Hunsford and I am very excited to read more.

Let me add my congratulations on a wonderful beginning. I look forward to the journey you will take us on in this story.

Thank you for sharing.

THANK YOU FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL BEGINNING. I MUST HAVE READ IT SOMEWHERE BEFORE CAUSE IT RINGS THE BELL BUT STILL I DO NOT RECOLLECT WHAT HAPPENED WHATSOEVER. LOOKING FORWARD FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER.
AH! AND MOST WELCOME KIM!!

Many thanks for all of your kind comments! They truly are appreciated.

Good golly Margaret, you have a very good memory! I did "write" (in the most liberal usage of that word!) the very thing you mentioned. I nearly break out in hives at the thought of anyone discovering where it is hidden though! I "wrote" under a time restriction, with certain guidelines & at the time my computer skills were so limited that I typed the story directly onto the screen= no spell check or anything (not that my computer skills have improved very much !!).

Cheers!
Kim

Great start! I cannot wait for more!

Brilliant! Looking forward to reading the next chapter.

Chapter 2 is up, dear readers. Enjoy!

I was just thinking abt this story today! And here we got a new chapter . I would dearly like to hear Darcy in his knight voice too . This is so cute yet brillant at the same time, can't wait for more chapters!

I love when Darcy had interractions like this with kids !
Good training for when he would be a father... as the fate will have it, won't it ? Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Love it !

Kim;
What a heartwarming story! I love the way a child can draw Darcy's true character out...let's hope Lizzy isn't blind to this fact when she herself tries to sketch his character! Can't wait for the next chapter!

Kim, another lovely chapter. I loved the way you had Darcy communicate with Elizabeth through her niece.

I also particularly enjoyed it because I too have a niece named Sarah Gardner!

Lovely Kim. How very reasssuring to have a story free of angst for once!I cannot wait to have them reunited!

Kim

About your other story: I always edit the stories I download, so any errors you might have made were expunged from my copy long ago. What remains is *very good*! You manage to put an original slant on P&P (as you did in "As Fate...") & all the vignettes have a similar warm tone to them. All of the Lizzy/Darcy scenes are very satisfying & I especially liked the Darcy/horse chapter, and most particularly, the scene between Mr. Bennet & Lizzy before she goes on her jaunt to Derbyshire. I don't think I have *ever* read a scene with Lizzy & her father that was so touching. Superb writing.

Now. if that isn't enough of a compliment to spur you to post, I don't know what will do. (I will happy to beta for you if you wish. )

Best wishes,
Margaret

Kim, honey, what are you waiting for!

Oh, Margaret, if this is not cruelty !

Or you do hope to make Kim to feel such guilt to make her post that story ?!
Please, Kim, do feel as much guilt as you can , I am frustrated now....

Mihaela

I will stop tormenting Kim and the rest of you! After all, she has just begun to post 'As Fate Would Have It'. But I did want to strongly encourage Kim to consider posting the other piece here when she's finished with AFWHI. I am unrepentant about raising the issue of the older story (series of vignettes, really), since it seems she had forgotten its virtues.

Cheers,
Margaret

Well, I'd hardly consider it tormenting... flattery, more like. And I will think about it... Margaret might regret her offer to beta, which I'm sure not to forget!!!
Thank you!

Kim

Chapter 3 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Kim;
Loving it...I enjoy Darcy's tender side so Much!

What a great story. I am really enjoying it!
Can't wait to read more!

Love this Darcy! And his resolution to redeem himself in the name of love . Can't wait for their next encounter at the ball!

I have completely fallen for it, Kim. SmileyCentral.comI find it very inspiring! Just love it!

i wanna read more, what going to happen at the ball, will darcy behave like a love stick fool just to impress lizzy?
i love p&p always, what going to happen next? how will lizzy get to know the gent, darcy is? lol hopefully you update soon, what do you mean by 'as fate would have it'

Great chapter! Mr. Darcy is so sweet to Elizabeth's cousin, Sarah. I cannot wait to see what will happen at the ball!

chapter 4 is up, dear ladies and gents! Enjoy.

Kim: Thank you, again for another interesting chapter! This is a great story that can keep on going. I love how Darcy tries so hard to show that he has listened. Her comments to him have been taken to heart. He reveals more and more of his true self to her! Waiting for another chapter!

Kim, I believe I haven't commented yet on your story. I am loving every chapter, and this last one was fantastic! Loved their exchanges, love how off-balance Darcy was during his interaction with Lizzy, LOVE how she gets the last word (figuratively). How long will I have to wait for the next chapter?

Yes, I am a greedy girl. :)

I love their bantering and the chemistry that's building up betw them . And it's so nice to see a different side of Darcy as well. Look forward to another wonderful chapter soon, Kim!

Kim, Chapter 4 has left me giddy with delight!

Well done!

Kim, love your story.....cant wait for next posting. Love when Lizzy is so bold!! And Darcy coming to her rescue.

Your plea has been heard, Theresa. Chapter 5 is up, ladies and gents... Enjoy!

Interesting, but where are they and what happened to there aunt and uncle. I eagerly await the next chapter to see what is going to happen, maybe explain a bit more?
Great job of writing another chapter!

I like this little adventure they have ....it revealed a little more of themselves to each other. A knight in shining armour rescuing a damsel in distress, oh such romantic notion and so appropriate too . Can't wait for more of their adventure, or interaction, in the cabin !

Kim, Thank you...I failed again..when I said not to read the WIP stories..this is soo sweet thank you..& begging for more

Ima

Kim, thank you so much for chapter 5....I too tried to "swear off" WIP because it is sooo painful with the author stops and you wait, wait, hope, hope....
but your story is so sweet....cant wait to hear about the cabin!

Don't worry about a thing, dear fans. The story's finished!

Hi Kim
I am new to this venue. I have just recently fallin in Love with Lizzy and Darcy and can't seem to get enough. I stumbled onto this website last night and found your story.
I have to say you have made a nice start of this story and can't wait to see what else you have. Keep up the good work.

Welcome, Maria, I hope to 'see' you often and wish you lots of fun with the stories and other stuff posted on Mrs Darcy's.

So sorry for the confusion! There are hints but they are subtle and the fact that the perspective of the story alternates between E & D every chapter probably just makes it more confusing! What was I thinking??? Anyway... E was to have left the day after the party (ch3) but the weather was bad so she & Jane left 3 days later. D & B were following the ladies but deliberately left 3 days after them (so they thought) in an effort to be discreet. So in reality (a very contrived & not entirely plausable reality, I grant you!) they all left London on the same day & D& B happened upon Jane when E had taken a walk & gotten herself in a little trouble. (I hope that helps a bit...)

Thanks for reading & thanks for your kind comments!
Cheers!
Kim

1 2