Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Carol's Ae Fond Kiss

Carol, that's a really interesting tid-bit about how you created Fanny. I don't know if I've voiced this at HG, but I thought perhaps Lizzy wasn't Mr. B's child for awhile, thinking Fanny might have tried to secretly reconcile with the rich man who dumped her, only to be left again -- so that Lizzy would be a constant reminder of the man and Mr. B. would have no clue.

Fanciful, I know... but yes, stranger things happen in real life...

Now why didn't I think of that, Tracey? I did explore the possibility of Jane being the child of that relationship but I changed my mind. Having Jane find out - which she'd have to have done, I think - would have taken the focus away from William and Elizabeth, and I wasn't really interested in doing that.

I wanted to show that Frances's dislike of Elizabeth was inexplicable except in her own mind. The daughter of the person I wrote about above was a delightful girl and no one could understand why her mother treated her the way she did.

Oh gosh! Thanks for such a wonderful chapter, Carol! I sure hope that Lizzy says no to Wickham. I don't think I can stand any more angst. lol

I really enjoyed the little discussion or argument abt the stolen car . It's not all paradise yet and this Wickham has to come in .... tell me, Carol, Lizzy is not going to meet him right??

Oh, come on ya'll. You know that Lizzy will meet with him. She just has too. But something will happen to finally show her that William means what he says. Maybe saving her...at least I hope so???

Hey Carol, are you going to bring back that demo of her Ryan Adams song? I freakin love that song and I love how you and Tracey implement the modern songs into your stories. Hope so and of course hope you bring the kilt back!!!

Sammy -- more angst to come, I'm afraid. And I think that answers your question, Gio.

I love that song, too, Kayakchick (great name!). I love Ryan Adams - I saw him at the Carling Academy in Glasgow last year and he was brilliant - didn't sing Desire though.

Chapter 18 is up, dear readers. Enjoy!

Leave it to Wickham to get in the way! I don't know how much of this Lizzy and William can take. Thanks for the chapter, Carol! I can't wait to see how they'll make up.

I thought this Wickham was nice and wondered how is he going to cause angst??!! and bingo! Poor Darcy, must be quite a huge shock! Why didn't Lizzy run after him to explain, argh!! Can't wait to see how they are going to resolve this

OMG! this is nail biting... I love this modern adaption when I usually kep to regency fanfic bit this story is just brilliant. Please write soon for yet this other misconception to be revealed

I hate to end my weekend with angst! I hope you have another chapter ready to go to our dear Mrs. Darcy and soon!!!!!!!!

OMG the suspense is killing me. I can't wait for the next chapter.

I just read this story in 3 days straight between work and sleep, I like it alot and hope you update soon, but I'm sure you know that people can't ignore the rest after that clifhanger can they?
Is George Wickham properly reform in the version or is it a trick up his sleve?

Can not believe that Wickham is bad in bed this time round, :D and it only partly due to his selfishness
Dark Hourse, yes she seems exactly like oliver lytton
i wonder if jane & lizzie went to that charity dinner, would darcy once again insult her the way we know he would :)

anyway hoping to see next update soon,

Thanks for all your comments, ladies!

Hangnhu - no more Wickham, but plenty of angst to come.

Hi Carol,it's me Ima....just to say a quick hi..and hoping that ur muse is flowing...are you done with the epiloque yet....

Hi Ima,

I'm still working on Chapter 21. My Epilogue may well turn into a chapter (depends on how long it gets). Thanks for asking!

Carol, how many chapters are you planning on posting at this point? I can't wait to see what happend next!

Sammy, I'm preparing chapter 19 at the moment, and chapter 20 will follow shortly. After the latter it's up to our dear Carol again!

Thanks Renee and Carol! Renee, how was your trip?

Chapter 19 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Major angst! I had tears, angry ones, ****** ones, sad ones, just like Lizzy !
Yes Darcy, what a goose you are, making the biggest mistake of your life! Trust yourself to run away instead of facing your problems. I have no sympathy for him at all now and i gladly look forward to the next chapters to see how he's going to beg his way back into her life!

Well that was painful to read first thing monday morning. I'm just glad it didn't take long for William to see he was being stupid! I agree with Lizzy for being angry. Making her call all over, treated rudely by his inner circle, not having the b**** to take her calls. Lame! Some serious groveling is in order and I hope Lizzy isn't too annoying about accepting it.

Carol

Your epiloque is turning into a Chapter??? ..yippee..meaning to say Ch 21 is not the end is it???..as Epiloque is Ch 22?? And then Epiloque is another one...yeay...pl make DArcy beg but also please share a lot of the scene after the reconcilation as welll please please pretty please...

Thanks Carol & Renee.. (how the trip..envy you...)

Carol
You are a genius! Chapter 19 is truly harrowing; any more and you'll need a government health warning!
I can't wait for the next chapter.
Many thanks
Juliet

ewwwwwww, can't wait to see how he wins her back!!! thanks carol...

I really really really need a next chapter! I just love your story.

Having read chapter 19 elsewhere and rereading it today, I am again heartbroken over their breakup. Worse, Darcy is set to go to Canada, so who knows how long it will be until they make up. Carol, please fix this soon! - Emilyn

Carol,

When can we mend this broken heart?? Hope it will be soonnnn...awaiting so impatiently

Thank you for all your comments, ladies.

As Renee said above, Chapter 20 is with her. I'm just finishing Chapter 21 (which has taken longer than I expected - because Elizabeth has been very uncooperative).

Ima, there will be a Chapter 22 instead of an Epilogue - and it'll be almost all about Elizabeth and William.

Carol honey...I love you .. .. I can't wait...don't say you hate me for bugging you too much..I am clicking for the updates everyday (well to tell you the truth few times in a day).. thanks Carol...I know it is worth the wait..if that girl is stubborn ..I understand...just means that Darcy need to do more work.. ...and please make Caroline suffer too.. somehow..boy how I hate her..Thank s again carol..

Thank you Carol! Can't wait for chapter 21 and 22! You are awesome.

My dears, I will post 20 asap, together with new instalments of Eli, and I must not forget Kim... and soon myself even! I've been terribly busy, just finished a very difficult translation. Legal stuff, so much less fun than fanfiction!

Thank you for your patience, dear Carol. *smooch*

No need to rush on my account, dear Renee (though I can't speak for others) - I don't want you to catch up with me!

Thank you for doing such a wonderful job!

Thank you for doing such a wonderful job!

My pleasure, lassie!

Will have time as off Thursday. For now sweating over a French notary deed...

Dear all, chapter 20 is up. Enjoy!

Well that was a nightmare. I thought there was going to be a resolution..groveling..making up? I almost wish I hadn't read it! I'm trusting you that things will work out...PLEASE!!!! AND SOON!!!! No more angst!!!

My heart just broke! They're so miserable...please tell me that they'll come to their senses, and soon!

"this is my cousin, Jamie. Arsehole!"

...well having read this chapter sometime ago elsewhere....William been an A_____le to me for quite some time now...I hope more ladies will join me to beg from Carol for more of William's grovelling soon ...and make Caroline suffer too..well Wiliam first as he is dumb enough to take Caroline out (birthday my foot)..Well dearest Carol ..I am happy to know that there is more to come sooonnn...yea? yea? ... as I said earlier (sounding like an old record to you by know)... please make the begging and loving be good as you've always done it (you've done it so well in the past..begging for me pl)......thanks for giving us Chap 22..with almost just the two of them..but pl let us pass the "he's my cousin A....le" from ringing in my head over and over again..please please please Carol....

Quite a sad chapter Carol...i still think Darcy is a jerk and who in his right mind will go out with Caroline in such circumstances??? I can feel all of Lizzy's sadness and wrath. He has alot to make it up to her! Look forward to some grovelling

I LURVED IT CAROL!

Lots of angst but it was really funny. While I was reading your chapter I was listening to my iPod, and just to go along with the theme, I played Desire. I freakin love that song. Thanks so much for bringing it back. You have made my night. Woo Hoo!!!

Carol

You did a great job in this chapter of portraying Lizzy's pure wretchedness. William's misery seems somehow diluted by his guilt (I know that doesn't make any sense, except that I feel less sorry for him because he brought the situation on himself).

I'm very curious as to what you've planned to get this couple back together--I can't connect the dots myself.

(Here's hoping Caroline gets a slap or two at the appropriate time)

Thanks for posting.
Cheers,
Margaret

Great story! This is quite nerve wrecking to me! How much more pain can they endure? I can hardly wait for some more!

Hey Carol!!! The angst of the story never fails to gnaw at my heart. You can really feel the pain that Lizzy and William are feeling... Your writing never fails to reduce me to almost tears- which is something cos i'm pretty hardhearted and it's pretty hard to get me to cry...
When will we get the next installment of Ae Fond Kiss??? Long awaited chapter...Hope it will be very soon...

Hope all is well with you...

Resolution comes in the next chapter, ladies, and I'm just about ready to e-mail it to Renée (it's up to her when it's posted). As I said above, Elizabeth is not as forgiving as I'd expected her to be - so there is now going to be a chapter 22.

KayakChick - I saw Ryan Adams in concert in Glasgow last year - he was brilliant. And his voice is as good live as it is on record! (A Ryan Adams song plays quite an important part in ch22.)

Margaret - you might feel a bit differently about William after the next chapter - but then again, maybe not. I can never predict how readers will react to my characters!

I really appreciate all your comments. Thank you!

Goodie, dear Carol. Looking forward to it very much!

hey carol, i love me some ryan adams. we have most of his albums. i think my husband likes him more than me, believe it or not. anyway, we saw him in dallas but he played for too short of a time but of course it was still totally kewl!

i can't wait for the next chapters. your last chapter was almost my favorite. my fav was probably the kilt one but i don't totally get the "kilt thingy" being in the u.s. and all. sometimes, when we go out, the guys with the scottish heritage will wear them but it is rare.

Thank you so much for a wonderful, though heartbreaking, chapter, Carol! I can't wait for more. YIKES. Renee, is life finally easing up a little? Hopefully you can relax a little more now.

Oh...I am going to faint with anticipation...are you really done with Chp 21 Carol......Renee.dearie please be a dear and help us to come out of misery soon...thank you darlings

I am so happy to see a new chapter of your story,thank you!

Lorena

Chapter 21 has just been posted, dear readers. Enjoy!

Thank you so much Renee and Carol! It's so nice to see some progress between Darcy and Elizabeth finally! This story has been so heartbreaking. Now there's hope.

1 2 3