Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Lesson by Ellen G

Ellen, this is absolutely wonderful news!!!! Congratulations!!!! And I completely understand how you'd feel about "relatives" finding out. My husband knows what I write but I wouldn't want my mother to ever read my stories!!!

Regardless, be very proud of yourself! You deserve it.

That's great news Ellen! And it's so cool too, to have your own piece published! Congrats to you

Having just read "The Food of Love", I had the urge to read "The Lesson"... perfection!!!
Thanks!

Kim

Thanks, everyone!

Tracey: Given the nature of your stories , I can see how you'd sympathize!

Kim: Since "The Food of Love" was intended as the prequel to "The Lesson," you've actually read it in the proper order. I hope it had the desired effect!

I just remembered this bit from "The Lesson":

Elizabeth continued without breaking stride. If she thought it odd that her husband called her by her maiden name, she did not remark upon it. Indeed, there had already been three other times during their brief marriage in which he had done the same. In each case, the phrase was no mere slip of the tongue; it was expressed quite deliberately, she had soon discovered...as the prelude to some new experience of a decidedly carnal nature.

Three other times? Dare we hope this means you'll write two more prequels, in addition to "The Food of Love"? Please? Pretty please? Pretty please with cream and sugar on top?

Three other times? Dare we hope this means you'll write two more prequels, in addition to "The Food of Love"

Good thinking, Melissa!

Oh yes yes yes...more prequels...I talked my husband into reading "Food for Thought" on our anniversary and, well, life just got better!! Congrats and pleassse give us more!

The food of Love, honey, not for thought.(Inspired after Elizabeth's proclamation that poetry is not the food for love, retorting to Darcy's comment that it was) Anyway,I guess that "thinking" was the last thing you guys did, after reading it!

Anyway,I guess that "thinking" was the last thing you guys did, after reading it!

OMG, you're a hoot, Eli!

Melissa & Frances:

I'm so glad that you (and others!!!) have been enjoying my vignettes. They are, after all, good, dirty fun. I certainly could write another prequel...in fact, Julie L had a good suggestion in using a return to the Parsonage, and I even started writing such a story in my head while on vacation.

BUT...

I am concerned that Mrs. Darcy's readers could start to tire of these stories, if there are too many of them, once the novelty wears off. So if there is enough demand -- perhaps, say, from "six accomplished women"? (to suggest a number that for some reason just popped into my head) -- I would be delighted to comply.

Let's put it to a vote: Shall I write another? Likewise, if the idea is beginning to bore you, or you think it's just too much of a good thing, let me know, and I'll take the hint. Do let me know, ladies.

Well, considering I was the first messageboarder who mentioned another one...please put me down as the first of the six accomplished women!

I dearly love to be one of the accomplished women LOL!! Do write more!

I would also like to be one of the acomplished women, I would love more of these

May I be considered as one of the accomplished women, too? (I love your writing Ellen, vignette or full length, I'm your fan!)

Thanks for the vote of confidence, KayakChick, Gio, Michelle, and Rita. Now, if I were to count Melissa and Frances as well, I would have my six accomplished women. There have been no "nay" votes. Perhaps I should just go ahead....

Hmm...

Oh! Do write more (spoken in the tone of Kitty in P&P3 when she said "oh! do hold a ball!", when the Bennet ladies were at Netherfield)

I will, then, Gio.

I'm late voting thanks to my darn spam filter eating the board notifications. But please count me in as begging for more prequels! :)

Melissa, since you were so persuasive with your last post, I have already counted you, and the newest episode, "Hunsford Revisited," is already in the works. Big hug!

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Thank you very much, Ellen!

Ah, Melissa, it is almost done. And it is just as hot as the previous two...maybe even more so. I am frequently astonished that such wicked things come out of me!! I am really so unlike that in "real" life; in fact, I'm rather dull!

I am really so unlike that in "real" life; in fact, I'm rather dull!

No, no, you can't fool me, baby!

OMG, Ellen! I love all of these shorts. Whew! I need a bigger fan

Now I have to start on your bigger works.

Enjoy, Wendy!!!