Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Carol's Ae Fond Kiss

I never commented fully on Lizzy's haircut before, but oh, it was like she wanted to "cut" herself but was too sensible to do harm, so she took it out on her beautiful hair. You probably won't like this comparison... but I wonder if Britney Spears reads your story? ;)

Seriously, it cut me to the quick too reading how awful she looked and felt.

I knew she'd regret the "arsehole" comment. It was in poor taste, but I can totally see how she'd react that way. Sometimes we can't control our emotions, and at a time like this, when she's suffering so, well, I don't blame her at all, but she's a sensible woman who tends to see the error of her ways rather quickly.

Yay, Georgiana! I always like clever Georgianas!

You 'set the stage' for their reunion beautifully. Elizabeth, so emotional onstage, having no clue William was there. *sigh* So lovely. And then he showed up at the cottage. Thank heavens! I have to say, I know Elizabeth was battered and bruised from her relationship, but I started to feel for William! I completely understand his having blocked-out an event in his life like the one he had as an eleven year old. The whole reason he had such issues with secrets and trust was because of that moment, but often those things are so deeply buried, there's nothing to reveal, at least as far as William was concerned. I'm soooooooo relieved Elizabeth came to her senses! Man, you had me on William's side, then Elizabeth's, then William's... good job!

I'm a bit sad, though. It's hard to believe your story is nearly over. I'm one of your original readers so I've been waiting for this for a long time. It will definitely be bittersweet as yours is one of the few fan fics I'm still reading these days. So well done, Carol. Thank you!

Tracey

hi.great story.now an investigative question:how much is the height of your lizzy?

Sammy and Donna - thank you for your comments!!

Tracey - your comments are always so full of insight. I really appreciate them, and I have done right from the beginning. I'd like to thank YOU for being such a great support to me.

(May I whisper this without putting pressure on you? I'm looking forward to the next chapter of Action and Reaction.)

Mary - I mentioned at the beginning of the story that Elizabeth is petite - I'd say about 5'3" or 5'4".

Carol,

Love the story and I look forward to each and every chapter. Please keep them coming!

Mary anne

I would have like to see more grovelling at William's end hehee...but i suppose his punishment is enough already I could feel Lizzy's pain as she was confiding to her friend, but well, everything is looking good now. All thanks to Roddie and Georgie! If it weren't for them, or fate, perhaps there will not be a chance for the lovebirds to reconcile. Wonder what exactly did William said to Caroline though...but anyway, look forward to the next chapter for their progress!

Hey Carol and fellow Ryan Adam's Lurver:

When is the next chapter? I miss it...and will it be the last chapter? Hope not, many things still need to be resolved. I really love this Darcy and Lizzy!!

Hi KayakChick,

It'll be a while before Chapter 22 (yes . . . it is the last!!) is ready - tomorrow my daughter comes home from university for the Easter break and I don't get much time on the computer when she's here.

Thanks for asking

I love, love, love this story and hope that there is a new post soon. Can't wait to see Elizabeth put Darcy through some hoops!

Hi Carol,just dropping u a line saying that I've just reread the last chapter you've posted..and in love with your D&E again..thank you for this story...am now satisfied that they are together again...phewww....love it love it love it...

Ima

Thanks Ima and Noell

Still working on the last chapter!!!

Great to know that you are still working on it.

At least now where the story is left, there is hope and forgiveness. So we have to wait a little till you write the last (tear) chapter but we know that you will make it worth it !!

Just letting you know how much I have enjoyed this story and look forward to anything you write!!

Big Hugs.!!

Sandy

Thanks, Sandy!

Carol, Thanks so much for this wonderful story. I have re read it a few times and I feel sad that there is only one more chapter to go. You have done a brilliant job. Thanks also to Mrs. Darcy as all the stories here are of such a high quality and the site is so organised and run so well.

Thank you, Jill

I agree with you about Renée's wonderful site!

Thank you, my dears!

I'm on the same boat with those who consider it a pity... this coming to the end of the story. thanks carol. in most parts it has been more realistic than a lot of other fanfics and had lots of heart in it,rather than mere sex.

Thanks for your comment, Mary,

I started 'Ae Fond Kiss' in 2003 - then, in 2004, I suffered acute kidney failure, was in hospital for 4 months, was on dialysis for a year, then had a (not quite successful) kidney transplant. I'm sure you'll understand when I say I'll be REALLY glad to finish my story!!

Oh Carol..I am sure D&E in this story is so special to you as they've been in your thoughts since 2003!! Now I understand why you are so meticulous on how the plot will evolve..hope you are well ...I am one for sure who are very very eager to read your final (sob sob) chapter..thank you for finishing this great story..Ima

Wow Carol, I had no idea! In November, my Mom had congestive heart failure brought on by a really bad cold. Due to the heart problem her kidneys were severely damaged. Not on dialysis or anything like you but the future doesn't look too good and she is only in her 50s. So I can "kinda" understand and certainly hope you are doing OK now?

Of course, from my selfish POV, hope that last chapter is coming soon!

Your friend and fellow Ryan Adam's Lurver, KC

Thanks, Ima

KayakChick, all the best to your Mum - I hope the doctors will be able to prevent her kidneys from deteriorating any further. I have to say, although dialysis is time-consuming and restrictive (I had dialysis for four and a half hours, three days a week), it's not the end of the world.

I'm fourteen pages into my final chapter - can't say when I'll be posting, but I'm going to London to see Pearl Jam in June and I want to have it finished well before then.

I really hope there's a new installment coming soon - I love this story and am impatiently waiting the next installment. It's wonderful!

Rosy,

My final chapter will be later than I'd hoped. I suffer from gout (because my transplanted kidney doesn't function too well) and it's particularly painful at the moment. Sorry for the delay

Dear Carol!

I am sorry about your health, and altough I am impatiently waiting for the final chapter of your wonderful story I wish you to recover soon, and the best health!
Nice regards adn best wishes from Hungary!
Sheila

Oh, Carol, my thoughts are with your for a speedy recovery! How painful. You are such a trooper. You've had all this major surgery and you've managed to write your story in a lot less time than I have! You're terrific. Take care of yourself and write when you feel best... as much as I want to read more, your health is always the priority.

Tracey

Dear Carol,

I feel so badly for you. Several members of my husband's family have gout and I understand it is truly terrible when the joints swell. I hope you are not suffering too badly. I'm sending you an internet hug and wishes for recovery.

I do love your story, but I'd rather you not write if you are in pain. Fanfiction can wait for real life. (Please don't throw anything at me you die hards!!!!) Take care!

Hang in there, darling Carol, I'm thinking of you.

Thank you, ladies. I truly appreciate your thoughts and good wishes!!

Carol,

Hugs and kisses from me too...hope you get well soon.

Ima

The message below is Sue's.

I just loved this story, in fact, I read all of it
in one day. It's such a charming story with so much
lovely poetry and romance. So well written.
What I would so appreciate knowing is when the next
chapter will be posted. I hope it will be soon. I
am anxious to know what happens to Darcy and Lizzy.
Thank you
Sue Corley

Dear Carol,
I love your story. It’s just amazing.
I am sorry to hear about your health problems. My grandfather had kidney failure too, I know of all the problems that it brings. Hope you are feeling better very soon.
I am sure that like me everyone is willing to wait for as long as we need to read the end of your story. Sorry for my English (I speak Spanish). Great job.

Ima and Romi - thank you for your good wishes. My foot is much better and I'm now able to sit at a computer again. So . . . back to writing!!

(Romi - no need to apologise for your English - I just wish I had your talent!)

Sue - I'm glad you're enjoying my story. Thank you for your comments. I'm still working on my last chapter and I wouldn't like to say when I'll be ready to post (I'm always wrong!)

This is wonderful news, dear Carol! I'm so happy you feel better. I will patiently await your last chapter, however long it takes.

Carol, I've read your story I love it, love it love it. It has become one of my favorite story.I was glad I have read in it's entirety(up to chapter 21) since it help me a lot with overcoming with the angst part.
The plot is intriguing ,the story is riveting as well as compelling I can't seem to get enough of it(I keep turning pages after pages).I'm feeling the pain & frustration of E & W here.
Carol I've read your response also. I just hope everything is back to normal if not to their maximum level of functioning.You're such a trooper to have all these major illness and still write.I work in the ICU and have seen a lot of cases like yours-on dialysis then have a kidney transplant,infection etc.I seen them go back to their usual level of functioning.I'm hoping your transplanted kidney will adjust nicely so as not to give you any more problems.I'm praying for your continued good health.
Thank you very much for sharing your beautiful story with us.
annj

Thank YOU, annj. I'm glad you've enjoyed my story. I'm still working on my last chapter - it's hard to get time on the computer with family home for summer!

Thanks also for your prayers. Unfortunately my kidney was damaged by antibodies in my blood (antibodies that destroyed my own kidneys over a two-week period) right after my transplant, so it's unlikely to improve. However it functions well enough for me to enjoy life, and I'm very grateful for it.

Carol,
Hope all is well with you. If so, we'd all love to see the last chapter of your brilliant story!

A little birdie whispered in my ear that Carol is working on AFK.

YAY!!! Cant wait...

KC (Fellow Ryan Adams Lurver)

I'm doing very well, Dana - thank you. I'm still working on my last chapter - page 19, so I'm hoping to be finished soon.

Renée

KayakChick - thank you!

Oh Carol, I just can't wait...I think I did said before that I could wait I think..but I lied..he he.. ...I am so eager to find out what's next ...

It is so lovely that you are well .... ...do take good care..& thank you in advance for finishing this lovely story.

Ima

Carol,

I hope there is nothing dire keeping you from finishing this wonderful story. Every now and then I check in to see if you've worked any more on it. What happened? Please, please come back to it. It's too good, your writing is too good to stop now.

Thanks,

Mary Anne

Hi Carol,

Hope all is well and you will finish this story soonnnnnnnnnnn...

Ima

Hi Ima,

Sorry - I haven't been here for a while and didn't see your message!

I am close to finishing this last chapter - honestly!! - but I've been having some health problems that have made me quite ill. I am sorry for keeping you waiting, and will get back to writing as soon as I'm able.

Carol

My dear Carol, I'm so sorry you've been so unwell, and I feel quite remiss not to have inquired lately. I hope you feel better in the meantime.

The prospect to read your new chapter soon makes my day, dear!

big

R~

Carol,

Am v.sorry to hear that you have been unwell...I hope you will have a good rest and speedy recovery...As for me I will be going away for 2 long months (without computer ..mind you..that's what I promised my very own Mr Darcy )...so I hope you will recover soon..and hopefully to see your last chappie when I come back...

Ima

Renee and Ima - thank you!

Please feel better Carol! That's not good that you've been so under the weather. I do miss this story, but I wouldn't want you to overtax yourself. Take care.

I hope you feel better and am looking forward to new chapter when you are better.

Congratulations Carol!!! It´s a lovely story!!! I wish you are better and I´m hoping to read another great chapter soon!!!!

Ohhh! I got to the end and I couldn't believe it wasn't finished!! You've brought the characters alive in such a wonderful way and I can't wait to read more about them. Please continue!! :)

Carol, I hope that your health is improving and that you'll be able to post more soon. Take care!

I sincerely hope that Carol is doing well and has been able to finish this story!!

Great writing and please?!?!?! an ending??

1 2