Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: The Eye of the Beholder by Ellen G

(As for me, I am thinking that regardless of the outcome of his injury on his looks, he will still be the same in the dark )

Hmmm... That comment and an R rating. This bodes well

I felt sorry for Darcy falling like that in front of Elizabeth, but his rudeness to her appears to have been a far greater embarrasment. My recommendation would be to apologize quickly....it will only be more difficult the longer her waits.

Mr. Hampton may turn out to be an admirable rival for Elizabeth's attentions. Darcy had best collect himself or he's liable to lose out to a very nice man!

As for Caroline....blech...she is repulsive. Perhaps her maid could accidently singe off all her hair with a curling iron and she'll choose to remain in hiding until her stubble grows out. Aren't I mean?? Dang, this fan fic brings out my dark side!

Great chapter, Ellen!

Re: Caroline. I don't think she's being evil, I think she's just being her usual mercenary (and very practical) self. She's always wanted Mr. Darcy for his money and position, and to her, nothing has changed. (As for me, I am thinking that regardless of the outcome of his injury on his looks, he will still be the same in the dark )

Re: Mr. Hampton. He's been lonely for a long time. He's settled. He doesn't have parents to please. Why shouldn't he hook up with a healthy young thing?

I still think she is evil, lol! I mean, I know she's being manipulative, but I think I've never read this trait in her character before on any other fic. That's why I'm enjoying the way you portraied Caroline! This new side is definitelly alluring.

Now I'm getting worried about the doctor... well, maybe he will serve as the stemmer for Darcy and Lizzy's relationship like Frances said.

I quite like the idea of 2 men fighting over Lizzy , but of course Darcy has to be the one who will intrigue Lizzy and fill up all her senses. Hope he will at least get one eyesight back real soon so he can be bewitched by the pair of very fine eyes and pleasing figure!

Ellen,
Wonderful story again! I'm your greatest fan! Please, keep posting. I'm dying of anticipation!

I'm your greatest fan!

OMG, Angeles, no one has ever said that to me before! I'm beside myself!

With fans like the ones I've got on Mrs. Darcy's boards, I had better post again before I leave on vacation Friday; what do you think?

Poor, Poor, Darcy! I felt so sorry the way he fell in front of Lizzie. I know the feeling! I like how Darcy and Mr. Hampton do not believe Ms. Bingley. How many others will fall for Lizzie? I will defiantly follow this story! Looking foward to more chapters!

I had better post again before I leave on vacation Friday; what do you think?

Oh, yes!!! That would be great!!!

With fans like the ones I've got on Mrs. Darcy's boards, I had better post again before I leave on vacation Friday; what do you think?

Do you have to ask???? Of course you should post before you leave on your well-deserved vacation.

Have fun, dear friend.

Have fun on your vacation, Ellen.

Thanks, Renee, Diana.

I promise: Chapter 5 before I leave.

Oh good, I'll have a new chapter to read this weekend. :)

I'm enjoying the story so far, and really don't see Caroline acting any differently than usual. She's just being more verbal about her reason(s) for wanting to marry Darcy. I just hope Bingley overhears her and can rein her in. /That/ I'd like to see.

(Along with another R-rated bit between Lizzy and Darcy too. )

So I have 24 hours for stalking for the new chapter..

Dear Ellen, wishing you a nice vacation ... to a sunny destination, perhaps ? Or again to France ?
And do get your notebook with you, you never know when R-rated vignettes ideas could pop up !

You'll be away 2 weeks ?

Barging in to tell my French friend some exciting news.

Talking about France and the French, ma chère Mihaela, I've had the pleasure to meet Isabelle Huppert in The Hague!

Another R-rated vignette, you say... hmm... I wouldn't have a problem with that...

My dear Mihaela,

I will be sending Mrs. Darcy Chapter 5 today, to post at her leisure.

As for my vacation, I am going to Florida to visit my parents, my DH's parents, my DH's grandparents (in their 90s, G-d bless them), and the world-famous mouse and his kingdom.

I will only be gone a week (heavens, most Americans don't get to take more than a week off at a time, and I'm lucky my DH is willing to leave work again so soon after our last trip!), and yes, I will have my notebook with me, as I rarely travel without it these days. One never knows what I may accomplish!

Anxiously awaiting your e-mail. m'dear, and I wish you a wonderful vacation. May your muse accompany you!

Renée, this is great news ! I just love Isabelle Hupert ! You met her - talked to her ? I kind of envy you...

Indeed a sunny destination then, Ellen ! Enjoy your family and may all of you meet again many years from now !

What can I say ? *Should think of something to persuade Renée in posting the chapter soon... *
Will be waiting eagerly for your (and your notebook) return !

H&K,
Mihaela

Ne crains rien, ma chère... Never fear, I'll post asap.

And yes, I've been able to express my admiration for this wonderful actress.

It is an interesting turn in the story to have Darcy be dependent on the care of others. Usually he is the one taking care of others. I like it!

Chapter 5 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Dearest Ellen, enjoy your stay in Florida and have fun at the Magic Kingdom! This chapter is leading towards major angst, I fear. As much as I like the dear doctor, our hopefully soon-to-be well again Mr. Darcy should not have to compete for Lizzy's affection...or should he? You continue to weave your magic spell Ellen. I just love your stories and will eagerly await Chapter 6.

H&K
Mimi

Chère Renée ! This was just in time for my mid-morning coffee !

So the good doctor passes to action ?
Of course, he should accompany the Misses Bennet when they return to Longburn... or is Mrs Bennet to come first to Netherfield ?
And Darcy - is already the seed of jealousy planted ?

Dear Ellen, I have to tell you that I read again from the beginning and I indeed appreciate enormously this idea of having another person at Netherfield. Indeed, not only the temporary disability of Darcy is influencing our characters, but also the presence of a stranger... And I find all their so influenced behaviours truly credible. And love it !

Already thinking of what the new chapter will delight us with !

Dear Ellen, I have to tell you that I read again from the beginning and I indeed appreciate enormously this idea of having another person at Netherfield. Indeed, not only the temporary disability of Darcy is influencing our characters, but also the presence of a stranger... And I find all their so influenced behaviours truly credible. And love it !

You've taken the words right out of my mouth, ma chère Mihaela. And it's so cleverly done. Love it, love it!

...and I was having my mid morning coffee as well! Kindred spirits, aren't we.

Ellen

Thank you dearly for bestowing us another chapter. I had came here yesterday several times in hope to find chapter 5 , so I had to resign myself to read it today after getting home from a long and hard day.

Mr. Darcy is improving... too bad his tone was not the best when apologising. Hopefully he will warm up to the idea he has to be more humble and dear Lizzy is warming up to him as well.

Darcy having to hear the description of the hunting bout from the others must have been painful.

Oh my, now Darcy realized Mr. Hampton has indeed a deeper affection for Lizzy! Maybe this will prompt him to act sooner than expected and woo Elizabeth! I hope so :)

And I see Mr. Hampton is already preparing himself to act upon his intentions! This is gonna ge ninteresting

Thank you once again Ellen. Have a good week on Florida with your family!

OK, Ellen, this chapter totally gave me butterflies in my heart, yes heart, not belly!

Mr. Darcy is completely and utterly jealous.

I really love the way you have twisted it so Mr. Darcy is jealous and the Doctor thinks that he is in the clear and has nothing to fear from Mr. Darcy.

Boy, for some reason, I think he is wrong...

Ellen, I think Darcy is his own worst enemy. From his apology, ill temper in the Drawing room, to his discorse with Bingley. He is even more blind blind then he is when he can see.

My question is how will Dr.Hampton's suit be seen? Will it be welcomed or pushed to friendship only land. I have not discerned any tender tendencies from Elizabeth for him.

Thank you, Ellen, for another wonderful post.

Stacy

Oh ho, Darcy! Your words have painted you into a corner you had not forseen! LOL Ellen, you have crafted a curmudgeonly Darcy...he has shown little to appeal to a lady other than his physical beauty. He'd best start rethinking his manners and tone if he decides his interest in Elizabeth is more than out of mere curiosity.

I like the doctor...but Elizabeth seems to have shown no interest in him whatsoever. I'm eager to watch this unfold.

Hope you enjoy your holiday, Ellen!

Ellen, I have always loved your stories but I believe this may turn out to be my favorite one yet. I love your Darcy and I like the good doctor too.

You know Darcy is just going to have to figure out that if not for his money he just might not have much to offer a lady. It kind of reminds me of what the spirit said to Ebenezer Scrooge in "The Christmas Carol".

Anyway Ellen I am truly enjoying this story and look forward to your updates.

Meg Evenstar

Another lovely chapter, Ellen.

My favourite line had to be: "Alarmed at the notion of being caught pouting, he sat up straighter in his chair and arranged his face into a more pleasant aspect"

The physical picture of this is just both touching and hilarious... a petulant Darcy, how wonderful!! LOL

I love that Jane noticed his interest in Lizzy - planting a seed already...

Lovely, can't wait for more!

That was my favorite line, too, Splatt! LOL!

Thanks, all!

I like the doctor...but Elizabeth seems to have shown no interest in him whatsoever.

I have not discerned any tender tendencies from Elizabeth for him.

Well, he's not a total fool like Mr. Collins, and it's still early on...

I'm outta here tomorrow at a truly ridiculous hour (any of you awake at 3:30 AM US Eastern Daylight Time?) and I won't be back until Sunday the 22nd.

Meanwhile, I promise there will be much to enjoy in Chapter 6, which I'll try to finish while I'm away.

Keep the forum warm for me!

Keep the forum warm for me! >/i>

We will, darling, we will! Enjoy yourself.

Though Darcy is blind, I must say he is still astute in his observations about the doctor's interest in Lizzy. Well, it's a good thing that Jane noticed his preference towards her sister, so hopefully she will help in some ways aiding Lizzy to favour towards Darcy .

Anyway great chapter again, i'm loving the competition betw these 2 men !!

""Do you know, Miss Bennet," Mr. Darcy began, "that when one cannot see, one's other senses are somewhat heightened?""
We already know that our beloved Darcy can HEAR better and SMELL better. When we are going to find out how about his other senses? Like TASTE and TOUCH.
What a great story!
Basia

This is such a great story line, very rarely does Darcy have some kind of incapacity, especially at the beginning of the story. I love that he is already feeling jealous of Mr. Hampton, it will do him good. But I truly hope that he recovers his sight or how else will he be able to appreciate Elizabeth's 'fine eyes?' Update soon!

This is such a cool story, thank you Ellen! I like the fact that Darcy is blind, a very original twist (although now my halfwit brain keeps bringing up images of Toby Stephens in Jane Eyre when I try to think of Darcy, a bit confusing but I think I'll manage, to me he's almost as lovable as MM or CF anyway:). And I love the fact that Darcy has competition (as long as he gets the girl in the end, at least). Anyway, just wanted to say thank you, keep up the superb work:)

I just began this lovely story. I cannot wait for more. I don't want Darcy uncomfortable, but whether he regains his sight or not, I think these two might do quite well together.

Dear all,
On behalf of my good friend I thank you all for your kind words. As many of you know, Ellen is away on holidays(or vacations as she would probably say)Still, she leaked out that she is already writing next chapter so that she can post it as soon as she returns. Keep writing these nice comments, they certainly help an author's imagination instantly grow.
Best regards from Ellen.
Eli

SUch an interesting turn of events! Of course the doctor would think Darcy wasn't interested in Elizabeth based on his comments about her older sister. I look forward to the possible rivalry and also to finding out more about the permanent extent of Darcy's injuries. Thanks for the very good chapter, Ellen.

Dear Ellen,
are you back yet ?

Hope you had a great visit !
And if you had some time to write, who am I to protest ?

Missing you...

Ah, Mihaela, so loyal! I can always count on you!

Yes, I'm back, and Chapter 6 is almost done, with just a little polishing needed. I would say certainly within the next two days I'll be sending it off to Renee. Your patience will be rewarded.

Always ! I am as steadfast as Darcy...

I am glad you're back - and the chapter will be a pleasure, I am sure.

hugs

Dear Mihaela and all other fans of Ellen, chapter 6 has just been posted. Enjoy!

Wow! That was a very sensual moment betw Darcy and Lizzy! You have written it so so well Ellen . But now that Mr Hampton has witnessed the scene, I can only hope that he's not the sort who will resort to sabotage his rival in getting what he wants.

Thank you Renée ! Indeed a great company for my mid-morning coffee !

Ellen, this was a wonderful chapter !
We are not yet privy of Darcy's thoughts after his interview with Miss Bennet - but it cannot be that bad ! he was in good spirits afterwards...
And after such poignant dreams, very bold indeed to ask to "see" her...
Lovely moment and so touching (pun unintented)... and very sensual ! And it was great to note Elizabeth's own reaction to his closeness and light touch.
As for him finding her "beautiful"... *swoon*

I can tell, dear Ellen, that I find your interpretation of the Netherfield library scene much more to my taste than JA's one ...

Now - how much EXACTLY did dr.Hampton see ? Only the good bye prolongued kiss ? I hope he didn't witness the 'seeing' moment. Not because I dread his interference, but because it was too beautiful to have it marred.

You were perfectly right ! No way this chapter could disappoint ! Loved it !

And now... I will indulge myself in some wild speculation...
Do we have to brace ourselves for the next chapter ? Enters Wickham ? Well, I hope dr Hampton does know a lot of Darcy to counter some of the venom...

Thank you... and well, I never said I would be content with only one chapter... so...please post soon... *wink*

YW, chère Mihaela!

It hardly ever happens to me when reading fanfiction, but I had to wipe a tear when reading how Darcy was exploring her face. It was incredibly poignant and beautiful.

That was beautiful Ellen! It was sooo sensual. Maybe your best chapter ever!!! Thanks.

Oh my, that was sexy! Is it awful of me to hope Dr. Hampton takes a long walk on a short pier? I don't want anything bad to happen to him, just for him to go away. I have a bad feeling he is going to interfere with Lizzy and Darcy because he has feelings for her.

Glad everyone liked the chapter!

I have a bad feeling he is going to interfere with Lizzy and Darcy because he has feelings for her.

Aww, Alicia, why ever would you think that???

SmileyCentral.com
Go, go Ellen. You are the best!!! I am dying for your Darcy. I confess HBK's Darcy is still lingering deep in my heart and the rest of my most inner emotions. That kiss at the N ball.Mmmmm Delightful experience. And their reunion at Longbourn....SmileyCentral.com
Still, this Darcy is awakening motherly feelings in me...I suppose the same happens to Elizabeth...Though judging from her reaction at his touch I doubt she had such chaste sentiments in her...bosom.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10