Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: The Eye of the Beholder by Ellen G

This might be my favorite story! This Darcy gives me goosebumps! :)

Oh my! If that wasn't the most sensual moment I've read in a long time....it gave me shivers! Elizabeth, too! LOL Darn, Mr. Hampton witnessed it. He has a decided advantage over Darcy in his ability to read those important non-verbal signals that are such an important part of communication as well as his mobility. He can now go with Elizabeth while Darcy finds himself not yet prepared to leave the security of Netherfield.

Will Darcy ask Elizabeth to come read to him? Would that be appropriate? My regency etiquette has drawn a blank on that.

My favorite chapter so far, Ellen!

Rita wanted to post this smiley, but took the wrong code. So here it is...

WoW!
I love this story.. I have never commented before on this website b/c my english skills are very far from good but this chapter made me delurk.
I have read a lot of JA fanfiction but this chapter was among the best I read in a long time: the "looking/touching" was a very beautiful moment.. although I wish the good doctor didnt witness it, but he unfortunately did.. something tells me he's going to spoil everything! :(
and btw, thank you very much Renée for this wonderful website and the time you take to make it such a nice virtual place to visit..
LiseT.

A very warm welcome to you LisaT! And thank you for your kind compliment. I'm doing my best to offer the authors the place they deserve and make it a pleasant environment to visit for all the fans.

And your English is excellent BTW, so don't worry about that!

Thank you, Renee! You're the best!

Renee

What a beautiful, sensual almost erotic moment. It was perfect, and Darcy's honest compliment hopefully gave Lizzy something to think about.

Dr. Hampton is a nice person, but he sounds like he'll do whatever it takes to get his way, and I have a bad feeling about that!

Great story Renee...I love it when Darcy & Lizzy are at least trying to understand eachother!

That was such a lovely moment between Elizabeth and Darcy in the library. Oh my!

I hope that Mr. Hampton will not be too disappointed in the end, although I assume there will be plenty of angst in the near future.

Excellent story!

Darling, Frances, as much as I would wish it to be mine, you do know that this is Ellen's story, right?

But I agree with everything you said!

I'd like to add my welcome to LiseT, and to second Renee's comment that if your first post is any indication of your skills in English, "No one admitted to the privilege of hearing you, can think any thing wanting."

And, Kate:
This Darcy gives me goosebumps!

Me, too! It doesn't seem as if his lack of eyesight is any great hindrance to our all falling in love with him! Now if only Elizabeth felt the same way...

Ellen,

I have just found this story and have caught up with it! It is always a treat when I read one of your stories! They are well written and very entertaining! I am so glad to see a new one so soon after HBK!

I kept telling myself that the best way for Darcy to "see" Lizzy was through his hands and boy you did not disappoint when you came to that scene! I am not sure what I think about the Doctor, but I hope that Lizzy can avoid any misunderstandings when it comes to Darcy. They have already avoided the blunder at the assembly since Darcy wasn't there to make it, but I think his injury has humbled him a bit! Let's just hope other people don't come in and cause things to go astray!

Keep it coming dear and great job!

Brandy,

Glad you're on board!

Let's just hope other people don't come in and cause things to go astray!

But that wouldn't be very interesting, now, would it?

Beautiful!

That was simply lovely. I don't imagine the doctor's touch could ever make her feel the sensations she just felt with our Darcy.

I think Darcy has made enough of an impact on her so that her heart will be able to withstand whatever the doctor has in store for her .

Loved it!!!!!

May I borrow Rita's fainting smiley? "Oh my" is right! Hopefully, the library moment will put an end to Darcy's nightmares, since I imagine he will have plenty to distress him while he's awake. Let me just say that I'm going to read chapter 6 again (and maybe some of the previous chapters, too) as soon as I finish this post! That was beautiful, Ellen.

Ellen

That touching/seeing scene was marvelous! At the very least Darcy has given Lizzy something to think about--on top of her clearer understanding of the trials that made him seem so petulant on first acquaintance. This was her first erotic experience I think, and one that the relatively elderly Doctor will not be able to match, for all his congeniality. I'm somewhat disappointed that he's immediately thinking competitively--about what he needs to do to beat Darcy at his 'game'--for him Lizzy seems a prize, whereas Darcy may already realize that to him she's essential.

Excellent writing, indeed!

In admiration,
Margaret

Margaret,

I'm somewhat disappointed that he's immediately thinking competitively--about what he needs to do to beat Darcy at his 'game'--for him Lizzy seems a prize, whereas Darcy may already realize that to him she's essential.

Ah, but what if the good doctor finds something essential about Lizzy as well? We know her to be a very desirable potential mate. Why should Mr. Hampton not press his advantage, if he has honorable intentions? He's not getting any younger, you know!

*swoon*faint*thud*

Oh, oh, oh, to be ravished by Darcy's fingertips!

That was simply a divine sequence...the beautiful dream, the nightmare of a faceless Lizzy, which drove him to need to "see" her and "kiss" her. So now when he dreams of her next, he'll be able to kiss her beautiful face.

SO well done, Ellen; I loved all your nuances - that he smelled good, that he felt her breath on his fingers, that her pulse quickened. No doubt, Lizzy will have some dreams of her own now...?

Phooey on Hampton. You're not wanted here. So do your thing, man, and let Ellen write you "off."

Looking forward to (lucky?) ch 7!

Renee & Ellen

My humble apologies I seem to be on ff overload!

Ellen...I truly meant every word!

You're both great authors and I thoroughly enjoy all your works!

Frances

Frances, I was and am totally flattered

That was very nice, especially the touching. No wonder Lizzy felt it was a sensual experience. The good doctor needs to find a lady his own age and leave Lizzy alone. Actually Caroline might do very well for him. Thanks for the chapter, Ellen. Very enjoyable!

Ellen,

so glad you're back. I hope you had wonderfull holidays.

In my very first post I asked when Darcy, whose senses - other then look - are more sensitive now will show us if it is only hearing and smell. Now we know that it's touch as well. So we're left with question if taste is also oversensitive now. I wonder, what he could taste to convinced himself if it apllies to all 4 tastes which are left for him at the moment. I have few hints in my had

Ooops, I meant I have few hints in my head.
I've got to improve my English. Posting comments and especially reading PPFF is the best way I know.

Translator waving at you, Basia! The mistake you made is a typical native speaker mistake, just like they're instead of their for instance. So you can be very proud!

And I agree with you, reading FF helps improve your skills enormously, just like posting messages in forums.

Ellen G, THANK YOU for that chapter. Such a sensual experience, my heart was beating faster (along with L+D) as I read every single word. *sigh*

EllenG,

Sensual, original, suspenseful__wonderful story!!

I came back today and re-read the new chapter. Well, admittedly, my purpose in returning to your story was to see if you wondrously & compassionately posted 4-5 more chapters because I am frantic for more. Gah!

StevieB

A great big THANK YOU to all who responded. I seem to have touched a nerve (no pun intended) with that chapter.

Oh, oh, oh, to be ravished by Darcy's fingertips!

Exactly! *sigh*

Really, Ellen, what a fascinating scene (lovescene?)!
So delicately written, so very filled with repressed desires...thank you and congrat!
Sheila

Very excellent chapter, Ellen. I enjoyed the 'touching' scene, but I also liked Darcy's dream. The first part of it was so loving, it made me want to swoon. Nobody seems to have mentioned it so far, so I thought I would. :)

The good doctor finding something essential in Lizzy!? tsk tsk. Poor Darcy is alreay suffering so much. Perhaps Charlotte can marry a doctor. On a more serious note, thank you so much for a wonderful chapter, Ellen. All of it was fantastic. I am so excited and I can't wait until you are able to post more chapters! Hopefully I can survive through the very probable angst.

Oh Ellen,

The scene with Darcy exploring Elizabeth's face was one of the most romantic and sexy things I've ever read. I was posibtively breathless by the end, wanting to scream KISS HER! (Of course, that could not possibly happen. Mr. Darcy is nothing if not proper.) What a delicious place to leave us!

I have admired your work for some time, but this piece has inspired me to delurk. Thank you for such a fabulous story and I anxiously await the next chapter.

Welcome, RuthO! I've seen a couple of new names on the forum, and I couldn't be more pleased!

And as for those "old" names -- well, I'm delighted that you're enjoying the story, too!

Thanks for your patience, everyone. Chapter 7 needs to be polished a bit. But I'm getting there!

Ellen G, Love your story. It looks like Darcy has a little competition with the good Dr. Even though Darcy is wallowing in self pitty I can't but feel a little sorry for him. Again Great Work.
julia42

Ellen, I just caught up on this intriguing story. What a tender scene where Darcy "sees" Elizabeth's face!

Abigail

Darlings, chapter 7 is up. Enjoy!

I knew the old doctor couldn't be trusted! I'm so glad Lizzy isn't too excited about him and still remembers Darcy's touch. The doctor is going to cause more trouble once he sees that Lizzy and Darcy are taken with eachother! Great story!

Why, that old rascal! Shame on him! He has underestimated Elizabeth if he thinks she is some shrinking miss easily repulsed by a physical flaw. He isn't really a bad man because he has made several attempts to determine if Mr. Darcy had any real interest in her, but...I'm very disappointed in Mr. Hampton. I look forward to Elizabeth surprising him.

Will Hampton's sharing of his impressions of the Bennet family pique Darcy's interest further...that he might be willing to risk some social discomfort to be in Elizabeth's presence once more?

Can't wait for more, Ellen!!

"...she now saw a potential suitor of advanced years"

Am so glad that the chance meeting in the library has allowed Lizzy to develop this fuzzy warm feeling towards Darcy. So the doctor is now showing his wily tail! Someone has to inform or remind Darcy about the doctor's intention, perhaps Bingley can do the honour (since he clearly saw what is going on)??

Shame? There is NO shame...

All Is Fair In Love And War!!!

And here I thought the not-so-good-anymore doctor would only use fair methods (proud flesh, indeed ! hmph! and btw, thank you, I had to use the dictionary, had not yet heard about the term ! )
It seems that your Lizzy is less vain, Ellen, and has already a better glimpse of what is behind one's looks (no matter how bad they are or could be...).

I still hope the doctor will do Darcy a service in Wickham matter. After all, Hampton will see in him an even more valliant rival ! So he will have interest to counter his stories asap !
Oh, and I am just thinking... you'll have perhaps the horrid conversation during the Netherfield Ball between Lizzy and Hampton now ? Two flies with a hit ! She will learn the truth about Wickham (and D would be of course innocented) and her ...ahem....'suitor' would learn some interesting things as well....
There ! I solved some problems !

Thank you, Ellen !

*shaking head* Dr Hampton you are not behaving in a manner of a gentleman, sir. Just the fact that you feel the need to lie to her to gain an affection shows that you are aware of Darcy and Elizabeth's budding feelings. You should be ashamed of yourself! And now Mrs Bennet is aware to HELP him in his suit. Poor Liz, Poor Darcy.

Yet Darcy is his worst enemy. If he would just allow his pride just alittle vacation he will save his heart alot of agony.

Thank you Ellen, for the wonderful post.

Stacy

I dearly that Dr. Hampton is honourable enough to not break his Hippocratic oath where Darcy is concerned!

Although I understand his motives, he frightens me! And I don't want Lizzy to marry a man who could be her father!

Ellen,

I love this story. Sorry I haven't posted a response before, I just found the comments page!

I wonder if the the good doctor's plan will backfire! Lizzy seems like the type to bring wounded animals home to care for them. Darcy is quite the wounded animal here, especially after the proud flesh discussion---BTW I like the irony of that.

Looking forward to hearing what Hampton says about the Bennets---will he risk hurting Bingley just to keep Darcy away from Elizabeth. I hope not.

Ellen,

What a wonderful, but frustrating chapter. It was wonderful because the author has a great talent. It was frustrating because I don't like the good doctor. LOL Things are at the very beginning of this whole situation, but what would happen if Lizzy shot the doctor's attentions down? Would he take it out on Darcy? Darcy can't see, so how would he know if the doctor, all of sudden, stopped using the correct ingredients in his treatments? He could still make it look like he was trying, but it would all be a rouse? Hmmm? So many different scenarios are possibly, but I know Ellen, you won't disappoint!

I do like the doctor. I like him for Mary Bennet or Caroline Bingley. Hands off Lizzy, please. Wouldn't he love to paint a horribly disfigured portrait of Darcy for Elizabeth? I don't think that would stop her if she truly loved him. Thanks for the new chapter. Very nice as always!

I'm not caring for the Dr so much at the moment. Perhaps what goes around comes around. It's encouraging that Lizzy still remembers Darcy's touch and finds the Dr's wanting.

It's encouraging that Lizzy still remembers Darcy's touch and finds the Dr's wanting.

I'm definitely holding onto that too, Wendy!

I'm pretty certain, dear Ellen won't have us suffer forever...

Oh Ellen, i am loving your new story very much! Just a thought on the doctor and how he is taking advantage of the situation to press his suit etc. This could very well backfire on him you know? Some women like to rescue men, their Florence Knightingale complex in full bloom. Lizzy might come to feel a bit of pity for Darcy which of course could turn into tenderness etc. Of course we know Darcy can easily ruin it by opening his mouth.

Chapter 8 is up, dear readers. Mrs Darcy's head over heels with Ellen's Mr Darcy ... Good lord, who wouldn't want to take this man in his arms and cherish him forever ...However, he has competitors and one of them is a person we can really do without!

Enjoy!

Renée, ma copine, you couldn't be more right !

Here she is: the shallow Elizabeth, so easily impressed by a handsome face and easy manners. And I fear to think what she'll do when he opens his mouth as well !
All thoughts of Mr. Hampton, and what there were of Mr. Darcy, fell away under the warm gaze and dazzling smile of Mr. Wickham.

But then it come again to my mind that this is why we needed the good doctor (yes, I know I repeat this theory as a one track record ) - to set Elizabeth right in her first impressions of Wickham.

I liked her dream ! If only she would trust the messages her body and her secret thoughts send to er...

As always, Ellen, the perfect little gift to accompany my morning coffee ! Thank you !

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10