Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author
Comment
Re: The Eye of the Beholder by Ellen G

Hmmmm.....Mr. Darcy to the rescue??? Only Ellen knows.....

Excellent, excellent chapter! Please, don't let Wickham to hurt blind Darcy!

YES! Darcy to the rescue. It's so dark, maybe Wickham will be so scared of Darcy's voice that there will be no confrontation. Oh, this is getting good!!! Keep the chapters coming, please. Cindy

Ellen

What an evil cliffie! You have us imagining all sorts of things to happen in Chapter 14. (BTW, if you switch the setting to Hampton's son in Nova Scotia, we'll never forgive you! )

I vote for Darcy the Champion, although how you'll arrange that I will not try to guess.

The Colonel's misunderstanding of *which* Miss Bennet has Darcy's interest is irritating (just as you planned, you evil author!)

Needless to say, we would all be very happy if you were able to accelerate the rate of posts. (Blame it on your story-telling ability)

Cheers,
Margaret

Ellen,

WOW, what a cliffhanger! You are really getting good at leaving us wanting so much more each week. I don't know how much of this story you have written already, but I would love an update here a bit sooner if possible. I think Wickham has shown his hand to Elizabeth. Thank goodness Darcy was sitting in the dark and could hear what Wickham said about his cousin and sister to Elizabeth. That will help him to know that Elizabeth was not a willing party in this secret meeting. Oh PLEASE Ellen, more, more soon!

Hurray for Darcy! Hopefully just his voice will send Wickham packing, and then Darcy can tell Elizabeth the true story. I do want to throttle the Colonel, though, for his obtuseness over the Misses Bennet. I can't wait to see what you have in store, Ellen! Thanks Ellen and Renee for the post, and I hope more is on the way.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Who is it? Mr Darcy, the Dr or Col Fitz? Cliffe angst!

Alright go get um Darcy, protect and win the heart of your Elizabeth, She can't stop thinking about you either. Great Job Ellen G please don't make us wait to find out whether Wickham has wet his pants or not. Love your story!!!!!!!!!

I hope it was Darcy but I really don't care who it was. Preferably it was someone with a sword tip poised at Wickham's vital organs. I am sorry for Dr. Hampton but Elizabeth just doesn't care for him the way he cares fo rher. He just needs to move on. Thanks for the new chapter, Ellen. I am so enjoying this story!

This is one of my favorite WIP. Please post again soon Ellen G.

Big kiss to all who commented!

And thanks, Rita, for that great photo!

Sorry I'm not more regular about posting, but life and the kids (not to mention the three other stories that I beta!) take precedence.

In July I'll be out of town for a couple of weeks, and then what will we all do? Any readers out there from Detroit or environs?

Well, if it is Darcy, I hope his kicks Wickham out and then they get caught! Oh, I do lurve forced marriages!!!

I will be in Detroit in August, going to a baseball game with my grandparents. We are taking them there to celebrate their 60th Wedding Anniversary. WooHoo!

It did not occure to me, that it may be not Darcy in there. However I see it in a couple of last comments, that some readers think it a possibility.
But I do hope it is Darcy after all.

Even more reason to wait for the next impatiently...

I just re-read the new chapter and it's got to be Darcy...I mean who would sit in a completely dark library?? And besides, the manner with which I imagine he said Mister Wickham gave a sinister sound to it...its Darcy!

it's got to be Darcy...I mean who would sit in a completely dark library??

Who indeed, Frances? Good show!

I have been waiting for this moment. Great story so far. Even wounded he comes to her rescue. Nice Job. Can't wait for the next chapter.

Really, you can't be sendig my Lizzy to viles of the Polar Circle, can you!??!
It would really be great if Wickham were up for some good dressing down by a blinded mr Darcy, wouldn't it?
Keep it up, I am anxious for a new chapter

Fear, passion, hope... Rush over to Ellen G's pages and enjoy chapter 14 of Eye of the Beholder, my dears.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.
Poor Lizzy – so many information, and emotions as well, at one moment. Good she knows about Wickham and the doctor, but Darcy – as always – just doesn’t know how to tell woman he loves her.
And the kiss (finally the kiss ) was beautiful. I wouldn’t be surprised if Lizzy just faint after ale she heard and experienced.
But is this really Lizzy who came back to the library? Too good and too soon to be truth.
Great chapter!

Chapter 14...was terrific though I couldnt believe you stopped at that... Please update soon.

Please update soon. It can't be Elizabeth at the door, can it? I'm glad she knows about the doctor but I'm sorry Darcy could not relate his feelings better. Again, please post soon. I love this story! Cindy

Oh no, how could you stop there? And now we have to wait for another week to know who was at the door, not fair:) This is a great story Ellen, can't wait for the next installment:)

Teasing, teasing author leaving us at this juncture. Perhaps we can have so happiness before you leave us for two weeks?

Lorena

I was so happy first, but now I guess the Colonel has managed to lure Jane to the library. now we are all up for some deviation, misunderstanding. Guess i'll have to take som medicine against sickness from bumpy roads....

the Colonel sent Jane into the library didn't he? He thinks Darcy wants to visit with Jane, not Lizzy...I hope Jane & Darcy aren't compromised!!

Oh no! I was all hopefulness that Jane was entering library and would gather enough info from Darcy to eventually put two and two together about something occurring with her sister. But reading that last reply has got me thinking the appearance of compromise is just as plausible, finding Jane alone in the library with Darcy and, no no no, this will not do!

Anyway, a lovely chapter, plenty to chew on here. I'm glad Elizabeth found something out about both the doctor and Wickham already. Too bad the colonel and Bingley are both so clueless. Oh no, now that's got me thinking again... If Jane is seen alone with Darcy and people think he's compromised her, Bingley will be devastated. There goes Darcy's safe house, and off he is shunted to Longbourn to be faced with the Bennetts then to Pemberley, alone, facing prospect of an unintended wedding and losing his love. Ack!

But I'm sure we'll have a happy ending, so I will relax now and wait for the next chapter in your captivating story.

PETER PAN SNATCHED OUT OF NEVERLAND

Well! Until I read the comments regarding the chapter, I was thinking happy thoughts. But, I have been snatched out of Neverland due to reminders that the referenced may be Miss [Jane] Bennet and not Elizabeth.

On top of that there was speculation about Jane thereby being regarded as compromised! GAH! GAH! WTF, can't I just have an angst-free uplifting moment?

STEVIEB

Help me out here - when I click on the links, I only get a page that ends in chapter 13, and not even at the end of it. Do you know how much I look forward to these chapters and then to be cruelly teased with knowing the chapter is up but not being able to read it - the horrow.

Can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Poor Elizabeth...I can't imagine what a turmoil she must be in. Every man of her recent acquaintance seems to have lost either their mind or their character. What a disappointment at every turn.

Darcy managed to bungle that beautifully, too, didn't he? Gads, how is he going to mend that? And I suspect that it is Jane who entered the library, not Elizabeth. What will he say to her and will she be discreet enough for them not to be discovered and discerning enough to help both Darcy and Elizabeth through this disasterous muddle?

As for Wickham, well, let's hope he just keeps running until he hits the sea and then begins to swim. It would save much grief in the 'Lydia' department.

Thank you, Ellen! You never disappoint...

Help me out here - when I click on the links, I only get a page that ends in chapter 13

Perhaps you have to wait a little longer until the page is loaded enbtirely. Otherwise try to refresh your page. Click on the green arrows in your browser's bar. Good luck!

Ellen,

That was simply a horrible way to end a chapter! You are such a tease! I have to say that I am NEVER disappointed with your stories and I know I won't be with this one, but to be sure you are not going to have Jane and Darcy found in a compromising situation!!! I hope that Darcy will talk to Jane about Lizzy and will let his feelings known to her so Jane can talk some sense into her sister! I'm glad that Wickham has shown his hand and that Elizabeth is at least aware of what's going through the Doctor's mind, but I can't believe she jumped to the conclusion that she did with Darcy. Is she the one that is blind?

Please let me know if I need to take some anxiety medication before the next chapter, which I also hope will be availabele very soon! Great job as always!

Brandy

Teazing, teazing woman! To leave us there? Gah! Poor Lizzy. That's quite a bit to fit in her head all at once. Oh, and now she thinks he's wanting a mistress? Meh!

The way I interpretted that ending was that "Miss Bennett" was Elizabeth come back to him... not Miss Jane Bennett. Good G-d, no. I should never have read all of the comments because no way was I entertaining those thoughts. I was actually filled with hope. Now angst! Ugh-- thanks a lot my fellow readers who have over-active imaginations.

"I should never have read all of the comments because no way was I entertaining those thoughts. I was actually filled with hope. Now angst! Ugh-- thanks a lot my fellow readers who have over-active imaginations."
Christina, you're welcome
This time I was the one who posted first comment, and I feel quite responsible for your reaction now. But the thought that Darcy caught with Jane could compromise her I hope it's too melodramatic for our Authoress. The only reason I thought it's rather not Lizzy is that Darcy addressed her "miss Bennet", while I think if it was Lizzy he would say "miss Elizabeth".
So, even if it's not Lizzy and for the happy ending we've got to wait (and read more and more f this story) I have great hope there won't be any compromising scenes with Darcy and any of Lizzy's sisters.

Great chapter! Very passionate in more ways than one...however, I do think you have been reading too much of Eli's stories.

Do you know what you do to us? You must, considering the number of posts.

Well, I'm glad Wickham run away without noticing Darcy's blindness. And I'm glad Darcy told Lizzy about two other suitors. It's a shame, he didn't forward his own suit, however the kiss was nice enough - hopefully it will send Lizzy thinking of him more, and as of a man, not as of an invalid only.

Great ending, make me as always waiting for next chapter impatiently

Please do not compromise Jane with Darcy (e.g. as in "the Colonel decides to help Darcy and speed things up and contributes to them being discovered together")

Basia, you surely must have noticed that my Darcy always addresses Elizabeth as "Miss Bennet" when they are speaking face to face. I've taken my cue from both the book and the 1995 P&P.

however, I do think you have been reading too much of Eli's stories.

I'll take that as a compliment, KayakChick, although I'd like to think that at least some of the angst is my own idea!

And as to everyone else's speculation...

I guess you'll just have to wait for Chapter 15.

And as to everyone else's speculation...

I guess you'll just have to wait for Chapter 15.

You take great delight in teasing us, dearest, loveliest Ellen.

"you surely must have noticed that my Darcy always addresses Elizabeth as "Miss Bennet" when they are speaking face to face. I've taken my cue from both the book and the 1995 P&P. "
even after the kiss?
what a shame!

Will Darcy tell Miss Bennet that he loves her?
hope the doctor is finally out of the picture! One down, one to go?

Loved it! The kiss, Wickham running, Darcy outing the doctor's plans! I was so happy she came back to the room. Even though everyone has gone crazy with Jane compromised theories, I am sticking to my belief that it's Lizzy and they are going to have another romantic interlude and then THEY will get caught in a compromising situation. Eli's stories have caused me to have a nervous stomach when reading anyone's stories! But you are not her and I hope you don't delight in tormenting us as she does. You know I think this story is "Beauty and the Beast" and at no time does the "beast" compromise the "beauty's" sister. Hehe

How I love this story...!

I hope Wickham trips down the stairs in his haste. Or Fitzwilliam's foot. Or both.

I am SO comforted by your assurance that "Miss Bennet" doesn't preclude Elizabeth...I thought it odd that Elizabeth would return so suddenly and also thought it was Jane. I love 1995 Fitzwilliam but was ready to pop him a good one for his interference!!

And poor Elizabeth...at one point she was pondering over potentially THREE suitors, and now she feels she's got none. It seems Darcy in every guise, form, era just can't get it right.

So excited for the next chapter!

That was a great chapter as far as enlightening Lizzy about Wickham and Hampton. I think even Mrs. Bennet would not insist that Lizzy accept Hampton knowing of his traveling intentions. So, 2 unworthies down.

But poor tongue-tied Darcy, or rather, too bad his tongue wasn't tied--what he said was too much and he didn't say enough. I do think that Jane has just entered, but that Darcy will briefly think it's Lizzy, because the sound of their voices would likely be similar. (Going on my own experience, when I heard myself on the answering machine and thought it was my sister. LOL) So Jane may hear his declaration of love. I would wish that the confusion would be cleared up directly and that Jane could serve to tell Lizzy the situation. [I'm not at all in the mood for another compromise-scenario story--one at another site is giving me fits. LOL However, you're the author. All I can ask is for some mercy ]

Oh, it just occurred to me that perhaps, if he has his wits about him, Darcy will NOT mistake Jane for Lizzy because of their different perfumes???

Also, I forgot to say that I will look forward to the next post with eager anticipation. Thanks!

It was my 1st impression too! that it's Jane that entered the library...but am hoping the Colonel is with her (thereby removing the possibility of a compromise situation)...But needless to say, am praying it is Lizzy who returned to the library, perhaps to seek further clarification on whatever is on her mind.

Great chapter here, you got us all very hooked you know Ellen . With Wickham and Hampton out of the way, Darcy has to play his cards right to get his gal!

Ellen, That was great I could just picture Wickham running away with his tail between his legs. And the Gallant Mr. Darcy standing firm in is place by Miss Bennet, truely romantic. Will we receive another chapter or two before you go on vacation, oh I forgot I won't be here for the next two weeks anyway.
Greet job Ellen

I am loving this story! It contains such unique circumstances but the dynamic between characters is great. I can't wait to read the next chapter so don't leave me hanging!

I really enjoyed this chapter, and am eagerly looking forward to the next one. I think the image of Wickham running as if the Hounds of Hell were at his heels will stay with me for a long time. :)

Ok! I feel it is Jane who walks in. Darcy will know it's not Lizzy from her scent. But I have to say that to me this chapter was over too quickly.
I need more...it's like a man in a dessert with only a drop of water left in his flask. Chapter 15 please

Chapter 15 is up, dear fans. Read it very thoroughly, savour each word 'cause Ellen won't be sending a new instalment before a fortnight is passed...

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12