Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Re: Obstacles to Overcome by Belén

Chapter 46 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

This story is one of my favourite. I'm so glad that Belen is posting it again. I really love this Darcy, and she can make interesting a sport that I didn't know before, now everytime there is a jumping show I watch it.
Thank you

Francesca

This story is fantastic, I love anything to do with Darcy & Elizabeth - keep up the good work can't wait for the next chapter

Not liking a controlling Darcy. Makes me wonder why he should behave so... No good can come of it. To some it might be interpreted as sweet, but after awhile, it becomes a negative force.

Chapter 47 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Hi Renee,
I just read your story, and I couldn't stop reading it once I started. I simply love it, thank you so much for sharing it with us all.
I wonder what will happen in the next chapters, hopefully Darcy's possessiveness won't increase. I really love their relationships , can't say that I'm not jealous
Cathy
PS: How often do you update?

I'm sorry that I got your name wrong, sorry Belen.

I wish I was the author, Cathy!

Anyway, the story is finished, and I have all the chapters. I try to post as regularly as possible. If you scroll down the what's new page you will get a pretty good idea about the updat frequency.

Rush over to Belen's pages and enjoy chapter 48.

Fabulous Story! Best Ever! Can't wait for new chapters!

YAYAYAYA, Another chapter, I'm soooooo happy and it was a great chapter; I loved how Darcy made Lizzy comfortable before the races and also the ending of course.

Chapter 49 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

WOW!

I love that reconciliation, when they both humble themselves to each other, and how Will cries over her after their lovemaking. Isn't that beautiful?!
Thank you Belén!

OMG, Again lovely chapter, I was scared for a while when the tension escalated but it was sooooooooooo exciting and the make up sounded pretty good. LOL , Can't wait to find out is William's possessiveness will decrease.

I just started reading your sotry. I was hooked right away. Thank you! I love it!

That was a wonderful chapter, Belen. This story is still fresh and lovely even after many readings. Thanks for the great story and I can't wait to read the epilogue.

The epilogue has just been posted on belén's pages, my dears. Enjoy!

OMG, I'm so happy and so sad at the same time. It was a wonderful ending; i loved how you added parts of everyone's life, worst book ever:0))))) And he wins the golden medal, that's so great. Thank you so much for your brilliant story.

Love this story, Belén!!!
I am sure I will be reading it again and again and again...
And how nice that you put these words in the mouth of the sport journalist: "I'm sure that William wouldn't be having such a magnificent campaign without the support and encouragement of his wife."
Isn't it true that behind a great man there is always a great woman???

Thank you again for "Obstackles to overcome", Belén!

Bravo! Thank you Belen for this wonderful story. I have so enjoyed reading along and loving these characters. Loved our hero as he was not only "the hottest horseman" but a smoking hot and tender "Darcy." (And with all the FF Darcy's out there, that is quite an achievement, if I do say so myself!) I look forward to re-reading it in its entirity.

* CLAP * CLAP * CLAP * CLAP * CLAP *

Belén,
Thank you again for sharing this wonderful story with us. I've said it before, and I'll say it again (and again), OTO is one of my favorite JA FF stories.

And, many thanks to dearest Renée for hosting OTO at MrsDarcy.com.

Thank you again.

Cheers,
Julia B

Belén, Thank you for the wonderful witty epilogue. I loved all the bits & pieces--especially Mrs. Bennet as a fortune teller. I hope you are well and happy and thanks for being such a good writer!

Belen, What a wonderful story and what outstanding writing. I have now read this story twice -- the first time on another site because I couldn't wait for all the installments on the Mrs. Darcy site (my favorite JA FF site to date -- thank you Renee for the love that you bring to this site). So, I could see the skill of your editing as I re-read the new version of the story and found it just as fascinating as before, as well as more excellently crafted. Even though I am a woman very much in love with her husband, I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this version of Darcy. Amazing. As a horse lover, I could really appreciate the equestrian setting -- you made it seem so real. This is true of the entire story -- these characters leap off of the page. This was a deeply satisfying and enjoyable read -- warm and funny at the same time -- thank you so very much for sharing your gift of writing with us. I heartily recommend this story! I look forward to more! All the best, Donna

my favorite JA FF site to date -- thank you Renee for the love that you bring to this site

Thank you, my dear!

And don't worry about reading stuff elsewhere, I can so imagine your impatience!

I absolutely loved this storey!! I couldn't wait for each chapter to be posted. I love the regency stories, but the modern retellings are my most favourtie. Can't wait for another one like this. I will re-read this from start to finish many times.

Thanks everyone for your comments and thanks Renée for this site! Posting OtO here has been a wonderful experience.

Today I sent to Renée one of the vignettes I wrote for this story. Just another obstacle the for the Darcys to overcome!

Hugs
Be

"Today I sent to Renée one of the vignettes I wrote for this story. Just another obstacle the for the Darcys to overcome!"

Can't wait to read it! Thanks Belén.

Cheers,
Julia B

Dear Julia and other fans, the vignette has just been posted. Enjoy!

Thank you, Renée!

Cheers,
Julia B

Thanks for posting this and the vignette...I enjoyed it so much!

Absolutely marvellous. Thank you so much!!!

I am so amused with this P&P modern remake. It is really really funny.. but so long
I am still reading at it.. I'll post back when I am done.
too bad some of the links are unreachable..
perhaps a different set-up would work better.. I could just imagine Elizabeth & Darcy 'meetup' in Elizabeth's town..and admiring a VanGogh next Friday or meeting over a dutch group cocktail/ dinner party. Of course Darcy will need to become a member of Elizabeth's 'meetup' private group first.

Hi Elizabeth! Glad you're enjoying Belén's story. Could you tell me which links don't work, in order to fix them.

This is the only modern story I've read so far. I never thought I would enjoy modernized JA stories, but enjoyed Belén's other stories so much I tried it. I, too, enjoyed this very much - enough to decide that once I run out of Regency stories to read (if that ever happens lol), I'll go back over the list and try some other modern stories.

I had a problem with it in only one way... I found the "look" of the characters in my imagination was totally different than while reading a Regency story (usually from the A&E version), and I'm not used to that at all while reading P&P FF. But eventually I got over it and thought this story was great.

It actually makes absolutely no sense for me to shun modern stories since I fell in love with modern movies based on JA's stories almost every time I've seen them - usually realizing only on a second or third viewing that it was based on a JA novel.

Just wanted to ad that I am sure that Elizabeth does not like salsa and therefore she would never join that group..

Wendi,
all the modern stories that you will find here, are highly superior to many a regency story I have read. Rennee's and Andy's are particularly well written and engaging. While RO's is a very sexy intake, Julie's is enchantingly 60's. Every time I hear The Beatles I think of Julie's beautiful Modern "I Saw her Standing There" and I have longed to visit RO's home country and see 'Elizabeth' riding her bike to work ever since I read Renee's "And Very impolitic Too." Rush over to their pages and enjoy.

malena
Wendi,
all the modern stories that you will find here, are highly superior to many a regency story I have read. Rennee's and Andy's are particularly well written and engaging. While RO's is a very sexy intake, Julie's is enchantingly 60's. Every time I hear The Beatles I think of Julie's beautiful Modern "I Saw her Standing There" and I have longed to visit RO's home country and see 'Elizabeth' riding her bike to work ever since I read Renee's "And Very impolitic Too." Rush over to their pages and enjoy.

Thank you, Malena, for your sweet compliments. And I'll happily show you around on the backseat of my bike whenever you'll decide to make a European trip.

Two other moderns I'd like to recommend are: Tracey's Action and Reaction and Ayden's Ebb and Flow. Oh, and of course, Rachael's What We Did on Our Holidays.

Enjoy!

Thanks wendi!

I'm glad you were able to overcome your prejudice and give modern a chance! There are excelent modern sotries out there and It would be a pity if you missed them.

Hugs
B

1 2 3