Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Have an urgent question about ff stories, ff sites, ff authors...?

Just tried the HG site - the one with PDFs and owned by Carol, but old password is still not working. Does anyone know the latest?

Thanks

I've heard it'll be working again in the beginning of May, so let's hope one of these days. I'd suggest you check out the HG thread in the greenhouse regularly.

R~

Hmmmm - in the greenhouse? Is that on this site - sorry to be so daft...

Maura, they've been switched to a different location. I don't know if it's permanent or not, but it doesn't require a password. Here's the link:
http://austeninterlude.org/ellenspdf/

Tracey

Hey, thanks Tracey, for the info!

EUREKA! There it is in living color - thanks so much, Tracey...

I'm devastated to read about the loss of Rachael's "Someone Like You"! But I wish her luck with her future writing projects. Good for her!

I have a query about another story - all I remember about this one is a highly erotic scene at a pool party at Darcy's house, during which Darcy very seductively applies sun lotion to Elizabeth's skin. I wish I could recall more about the actual story (can you tell that I often read these late at night with drooping eyelids?), but if that rings a bell with anyone please let me know.

Lorienwood! The only story I can recall that may have a scene like that is Under My Skin by Lisa... but I might be wrong there. I just remember a pool scene where Lizzy dunks Caroline in the pool... so the pool scene rang a bell.

And if it is Under My Skin by Lisa (the author of Mr. Popularity here at Mrs. D.'s), you have bad luck in requesting stories! That story was removed for revisions and possible publication, I believe. Again, I'm not sure that's the one -- Renee, you may be able to recall if it is or not.

And SONYA!!!! Sorry I took so long in responding to you. I mentioned the very thing to Rachael about fan fic readers who may have saved copies of her story and she didn't really seem interested right now. It probably knocked the wind out of her to have all her new changes lost and yes, she's busy with getting other work done, I'm afraid. That's the danger of reading fan fic, I guess...

It's a very kind offer, though!

LorienWood, there are a few pool/lotion scenes in Art & Allurement. Maybe that is the story you are thinking of? It is a good one! :D

Hello from a newbie

I tried clicking on the drool link but got a page saying it was unavailable. Has anyone got into Drool?

Thanks for the hints!

Tracey, I don't recognize the title "Under My Skin", I must have missed that one entirely. Now I am curious though!

LauraG, do you know who the author of "Art and Allurement" is, or where it is posted? I found it listed in the HG archives, but the links to the archived stories are invalid on the newly-restored board. It will probably take the maintainers a long time to get everything back up and running correctly. I don't envy them that task (but I am glad they are willing to do it)!

LorienWood, you can find Art & Allurement at HG (not the back-up board!) by another Laura, username allegretto7. It might be hidden deep in the Fiction Blooms section but if view her profile you can choose "find member's topics" under profile options. Good luck.

Here's the link to Art & Allurementif you have access:

http://www.hyacinthgardens.com/garden/index.php?showtopic=2583&hl=

Tracey

Hi Ladies !
I wonder if someone can help me on this:
In one of the message forum threads - not sure which one - it was mentioned a FF with Darcy holding a rather dark side. It is supposed to have to do something with Darcy's revenge and the author was - if i recall correctly a Rebecca.
I think it would be very interesting yet i've no clue were to found it.
By the way, when thinking of a Dark Darcy i always picture Colin Firth in his search for Lydia and Wicham in nocturne London....
Just when he finds out Mrs Younge place and he's standing at the door frame looking so frowning and dark and furious......

Hi Margo, you're referring to Rebecca E's story "A Shade in his Character". It's not finished, and I wonder if it ever will. Rebecca didn't update it for years, unfortunately. She's an awesome fanfiction writer! Her comedy of errors "A Most Convenient Mishap" (which is finishesd) is fantabulous as well. I recommend it!

So, especially for you...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thank you Renee!
Seems i have an inclination for unfinished stories.... My first was LIFE IS BETTER WITH ANIMALS !
Anyway, i'llgive ASIHH a try and i shall gladly take your recomandation for Rebecca's other works !
Thanks again !

Thank you for your responses, Tracey and LauraG! I'm off to read the story right now...

For those who miss the Hyacinth Gardens, Marjolein opened the backup board again. You can find it here

thanks Renee

Little question

Hello Mesdames !

I apologize for my very bad English (I try to improve with your fanfictions and my best friend, Mister the Dictionary).

For several days, i can't get to the Hyacinth gardens' web site...
Is it the same thing for you, Ladies ?
I would like to know what happens...(I hope my computer, this little monster, don't have got a problem)

Thank you !

Quiet, visitor regular but very discreet

Bonsoir Mme ou M Tranquille! A warm welcome to you.

The HG is down unfortunately, but there's a backup board where you can follow the developments and post messages if so inclined.

Here's the link

Thanks for the Hyacinth update, Mrs. Darcy! I was wondering what had happened, and was glad to see the news here. I'm two chapters away from finishing a story and I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed the end! :)

Mind you, Melissa, not all stories are posted on that board! So let's just hope it won't take that long this time.

I can't enter...
When I use my HG's username and password, I'm refused.
And when I want to be "registered" with the same names or another, I'm refused too !
I don't understand...
La Tranquille, elle est fâchée...

I have no trouble getting access, ma pauvre, but perhaps you should try twice in a row. It is odd, but I had to do it that way the last time the HG were down.

Bonne chance!

Hi Quiet

You must register on the Back-Up-Board before you can sign in. Hope that helps

Anne

I tried several possibilities, whose this one.
Without success.
Whether I'm a disaster, whether there is a computer problem...
I sent an e-mail to the administrator and I wait for her answer.
Anyway, thank you for your help, Ladies !

Quit, your old password won't do. You need to log in with a new one for the backup board.SmileyCentral.com But I am sure the problem will not last too much anyway.

I tried to sign in with my password, and it failed. Then it wouldn't let me register or choose a screen name. Does anyone have an email address for a moderator to contact?

Hi, first I'd just like to say I love this site, it was one of the first P&P sites I stumbled across and I've been addicted since!
Anyway, I've been on Hyacinth Gardens for a while but recently every time I try and visit I get a 'Server is taking too long to respond'. I tried to register with the backup board today but after clicking 'I am over 13' I just get a message saying 'Sorry that user name is already taken'.
Is something up with HG, or is it just me?
Thanks

Apparently, all, we have got the same problem...
I hope I will receive an answer to my e-mail soon...

HG is having some problems now, but adminstrators are working on it and assuring it's not gonna take long.
Here you have a post from HG admin, quoted from AHA page:

Hey, guys.

I too am having problems so I don't think it's the board, but the board
provider.

Jenn's out of town right now so her reachability is spotty. Bear with
us and don't flood the email box. We are aware. *wink*

Amber (HG Admin)

HG might be down, but Mrs. Darcy is taking excellent care of us with recent postings

HG might be down, but Mrs. Darcy is taking excellent care of us with recent postings

Indeed, dearest Basia, my aim is but to please and... to promote the talented ladies who write all these great stories.

I bet the HG will be in the air again soon. It might be possible that no new members are accepted on the backup boards. Former HG administrator, Marjolein, is so generous to grant the HG a part of her site's bandwidth for as long as it takes.

Wonderful site. I'm new to this forum but hope someone will know the title of a story I would like to reread and can't find again. It involved Mr. Bennet becoming a widower and then marries a younger titled lady with a fortune. The daughters all benefitted from the new mother and participated in the London social scene. Can anyone help with this? Thanks

Is it perhaps "Connections" by Sharni? Btw, Renee, thanks so much for all of the recent posts! Mucho appreciado!

Hello,

I also have the same probleme with registering at the HG.

Anyway I try I am always refused

Is there any way to solve this??

Maria. What can I say? You can always stay with Mrs Darcy. Here, we have never had such problems and I garatee you that you will never get rejected as long as you behave yourself!SmileyCentral.com
Besides, stories here are all first rated!!!And some of them can only be found here.

Here, we have never had such problems and I garatee you that you will never get rejected as long as you behave yourself!

Indeed, dear Eli, all fans of P&P fanfiction or otherwise interested in Jane Austen and The Regency are most welcome here. And Mrs Darcy's very proud to host so many excellent authors on her site. They all deserve this cozy little colourful corner on the world wide web.

I have to say that I love this website! It is much easier to navigate round than some of the other sites and easier to see all the updates! Just to add to that the authors are the best too!

Dear Cheryl, and all other appreciative ladies and gents out there, your comments on the site and its authors mean an awful lot to me. You keep me going. Thank you.

Thank you very much ladies, Elli, Renée...

I do love this site and appreciate the welcoming feeling. The stories are wonderful and there is a variety of materials to be read... and so far I am not done with 1/3 of them...

But you know, I am curious to see what the "others" have to offer, too. I found this "fan stuff" very late, just a few months ago... so I am still in
the discovery-phase...

Love to all
Maria

But you know, I am curious to see what the "others" have to offer, too. I found this "fan stuff" very late, just a few months ago... so I am still in the discovery-phase...

I know what you mean! And I wish you lots and lots of fun discovering all those sites offering fabulous FF stories.

As much as I want to get back into HG to finish reading my story, I also like it here very much. Ellen G.'s and Renee's short stories are some of my favorites, as well as Kim's "As Fate Would Have It" and Jan H.'s "An Arranged Marriage".

Plus, it is a lot easier to see new updates here. Much, much easier.

Awwww, Melissa, you're so sweet! Thank you for your lovely compliment.

HG is back up!

I'm logged in as we speak, ready to finish reading my story there while I wait for the next chapter in Ellen G.'s "Eye of the Beholder". :)

Hey, that's good news!

I'm curious, Melissa, which story are you reading? feel free to recommend it.

Abigail R's Stories

Renee, I hope I'm okay using this thread for this message.

I know many P&P fan fic readers are familiar with Abigail R's wonderful stories (and Renee, I see of course that Mrs Darcy's site is promoting one of them right now, which is lovely of you).

I have lately been to Amazon.com to write reviews for these wonderful pieces of work, and I just wanted to say that if any of your excellent reviewers here have read and loved these stories, it would be lovely if they could try and find a moment to go over to Amazon and leave a review there for her, as I'm sure it all helps spread the word!

There are only at present about 4 reviews per book for Abigail, and I truly think the quality of her writing should be flagged up by her having more.

Thanks for reading this message!

Sandra

Of course, that's fine with me, Sandra. And I hope lots of Abigail's fans will follow your example.

You know, Impulse & Initiative was the very first more adult P&P fanfic I read, now over 5 years ago! I liked it so much. It's pure romance, a genre no romantic girl can resist, rght?

I think the HG is down again, or is it my computer?

Hi Renee!

I'm reading "The Trials of the Honorable F. Darcy" by sarapencil. She's written a couple of NBs to compliment the main story, and I enjoyed them so much I went looking for it.

It's got HMS, angst, reconciliations and one of the better supporting characters I've ever seen. His name is Lou, and he's a hoot! Plus Caroline is more a real person and not the 2-dimensional witch you sometimes see in fanfic.

Unfortunately the site is having connection issues again today, but hopefully that'll be fixed soon.

Ah, I know Sarahpencil. TY for the information, Melissa. Haven't read hers, at least not entirely, but I know she posts at A Happier Alternative as well. I believe the stories over there aren't accessible at the moment. They will be converted to Austeninterlude eventually.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10